• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Townships and the Forums

Dwarfers

Legacy Supporter 6
Not sure if it's just me living in the past, but I want to see the townships forum active like it used to be. These days I have no idea who is a town or how many towns there are. I feel it would be a lot more organized and easier to keep track of towns to be or are coming and going if we did what I am suggesting. I just want to suggest that towns be required to have a forum thread in the township section for north or south of the map. This was something we had a long time ago that to me worked out great. This also may help with recruiting members to towns more.

Last edited:

Watermelon_01

Legacy Supporter 2
Not sure if it's just me living in the past, but I want to see the townships forum active like it used to be. These days I have no idea who is a town or how many towns there are. I feel it would be a lot more organized and easier to keep track of towns to be or are coming and going if we did what I am suggesting. I just want to suggest that towns be required to have a forum thread in the township section for north or south of the map. This was something we had a long time ago that to me worked out great. This also may help with recruiting members to towns more.
I agree, this will make it much easier for those who do actually come onto the forums, to find a town instead of asking forever in /ch re.

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
I agree strongly.

Perception is everything.

Activity on townships threads raises awareness of the townships, and brings activity to the forums too.

This builds the perception that the community is strong, which in turn builds the community in reality as more people are attracted by the energy and activity.

(The requirement for towns to have forum threads was dropped a couple of maps ago.)

Dwarfers

Legacy Supporter 6
Yep
I agree strongly.

Perception is everything.

Activity on townships threads raises awareness of the townships, and brings activity to the forums too.

This builds the perception that the community is strong, which in turn builds the community in reality as more people are attracted by the energy and activity.

(The requirement for towns to have forum threads was dropped a couple of maps ago.)
Yep, I remember like it was yesterday that taxes were manually collected by staff which I helped lastivity(COME BACK TO US) do. I think I am willing to help keep track of towns that are missing threads or something if needed.

Royfaren

Legacy Supporter 6
I agree with this. I don't think that taxes need to be collected manually, but all the towns should be required to have a forums page, whether they recruit via forums or not. Just so we know what towns exist.

Dwarfers

Legacy Supporter 6
I agree with this. I don't think that taxes need to be collected manually, but all the towns should be required to have a forums page, whether they recruit via forums or not. Just so we know what towns exist.
Oh, I wasn't suggesting for taxes to be handled manually, I was just stating that we used to go on township threads telling them they need to pay taxes haha. :p

Beau_Nearh

Portal
You've now reminded me that I need to completely redo my townships thread :( But I do agree but I think it should only apply to SR's that are hamlet+

Dwarfers

Legacy Supporter 6
Also, I want to add that I can't seem to create a forum thread in Township PLANNING without needing a prefix like Hamlet. The town isn't even created, is that not what township planning means? I don't see why it should require me to put a prefix on a township planning forum thread for something that doesn't need to be officially a town to be in that forum section.