• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Townships 3.3 update discussion

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
While this isn't a popular vote: I feel it is a necessary fix. Removing the cap to townships to let them do as they please with their players is a good thing.

Things to note:
You get region protection ( A LOT of it )
You get income (albeit small after changes)
Townships arent designed to be solo run, otherwise we would just call them personal regions.
War is definitely making a come back.

We don't want to half ass something, the configurations for this were created by a developer that left before the new era arrived so there were a lot of lost insight due to that.

Nero_Draka

Gold
Alator you say use residences to be in safe zones they are not exactly safe considering you can be attacked through windows that I dea would be used more if that problem was not there to stop it.

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
Remastered Tier 2 Supporter
Alator you say use residences to be in safe zones they are not exactly safe considering you can be attacked through windows that I dea would be used more if that problem was not there to stop it.
f you want a safe-ish zone you can keep yourself, use a residence.
Safe-ish. Not safe. Nothing in Herocraft is meant to be 100% safe, except maybe LWCs.

These past few months are the first time in the 5-ish years we have had some sort of town system that towns have the potential to mitigate taxes /generate money. You'll survive with me scaling the system down, heh. And to all the ultimatums I have seen, change happens. When we implemented the Heroes plugin, we were swarmed with similar statements of "I'm never coming back and the server will die". But I think things turned out alright :)

I think this is in a good place. I'll be pushing this update through Wednesday, April 29th to give mayors time to prepare.

TheManiac23

Legacy Supporter 9
The thing is. Old towns didnt generate money and took some tax. But this tax was pretty low and the town cost was a 1 time Fee for a pretty big region.
Now you have a town which generates money but take most of it as tax.
And you have to build other regions which costs money again. And where to get this money when there is almost no income?
Right you have to use your own money or wait for a long time.
Im not sure if its better than the old system like that or not. Atm i would prefer the old.

If this is where we are goiung, its time to meet it head on. People will never be behind anything new 100% and I can see that happening on this Forum post. Either way, The date is set, so Players prepare.

One Thing I NEED an answer for.
Soul Buildings, Like the soul shops, Have a max limit of 10 of each at metro size, But There are two flaws. 1] You can only build on of each building type. and This alone isn't a real issue, until you pair it with 2] There are only 8 different soul buildings. This is 2 less then the Cap.
Is there a plan to make two additional Soul buildings, or Is this a description error?

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
I get the feeling I'm missing a point here, so please be patient with me. :D

What is the reason for removing the citizen cap for the town tiers? Without the citizen caps, what incentive is there for townships to strive for growth and expansion?

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
I really don't think you are addressing the real problem, there is no sink for money in the economy at all. Rather than just limiting how people get money and making it harder for new players to create and maintain towns you should be creating something to spend the money on, like fixing the war system. Allow people to buy NPC guards to patrol around their town and attack people they are at war with, or allow them to follow them raiding. It really doesn't matter, people will always gain tons of money and the server itself prints an infinite amount.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
I really don't think you are addressing the real problem, there is no sink for money in the economy at all. Rather than just limiting how people get money and making it harder for new players to create and maintain towns you should be creating something to spend the money on, like fixing the war system. Allow people to buy NPC guards to patrol around their town and attack people they are at war with, or allow them to follow them raiding. It really doesn't matter, people will always gain tons of money and the server itself prints an infinite amount.
I still think the DHX should have a set amount of money.

LovelyArmor

Legacy Supporter 4
Is there going to be a full detailed page for this? I feel like it may be helpful to have an Alert page or something detailing out the information so there is full clarity for everyone?

Carbash

Legacy Supporter 6
An idea to make it so that towns dont get out of control (while still having access to town resources) would be to still allow people to withdraw from the town bank, but only a percentage (based on the town size), which gets added to the upcoming taxes. So basically a loan. (I forget if taxes are daily or weekly, havent played in a while, but if this were implemented, weekly would be the better option)

Teslanut

TNT
So in summation: Towns will have no population limit, meaning all you really *need* is a tribe, and larger towns will cost ~200-500 souls in taxes above and beyond what is generated from housing and soul goods? Well, maybe when you push the patches through Indar will finally start working lol.

xMJay

Portal
So in summation: Towns will have no population limit, meaning all you really *need* is a tribe, and larger towns will cost ~200-500 souls in taxes above and beyond what is generated from housing and soul goods? Well, maybe when you push the patches through Indar will finally start working lol.
impossible

LovelyArmor

Legacy Supporter 4
An idea to make it so that towns dont get out of control (while still having access to town resources) would be to still allow people to withdraw from the town bank, but only a percentage (based on the town size), which gets added to the upcoming taxes. So basically a loan. (I forget if taxes are daily or weekly, havent played in a while, but if this were implemented, weekly would be the better option)
Taxes are daily! and you already have to keep the amount of money that is for taxes in the bank, so with the new update, people will be making less money so they won't be able to pull out the amounts they are used too.
Instead of about 2k to pull out, it will be significantly less. Which Is actually very good change.

dionnsai

A frightening Cactus!
any ETA on this....so tired of feeding the houses...
and of course, is there a changelog?

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
any ETA on this....so tired of feeding the houses...
and of course, is there a changelog?

From the Patch Notes yesterdayish:
Township Tax Update 1
I will be rolling out these changes over the next few days to ease mayors into the new system. Stay posted!
  • All town population cap effectively removed.
  • Housing no longer requires food to generate income.
  • Housing no longer adds to the population cap.
  • Adjusted max player tax to 20 souls.
Protip: if you have extra money, I suggest adding in some extra housing units in your town if there is space before the next update, plus all housing is currently generating at "pre-nerf" levels for free.