• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Townships 3.0: past, present and future

MunchlaxHero

Max Legacy Supporter
And banned again
Same, but thats way it is when the coders running the event are in amoria and hate pvpers, also when they are given too much power and dont know what to do with it. I mean teleporting me up 100 blocks to kill me is abusive when we are having fun and killing other people Which IS LEGAL no matter how much you don't like your townies dying it is very bias to first off make the PvErs able to turn on a poison in their town, then second off banning us because we killed your town. This is pretty sad for staff to favor one side of the spectrum. You say i camped the graveyard, funny since none of my team said I did, Get your facts right. Your a coder for goodness sake you should be higher than all of us but yet you act like you are one of us, so you abuse your power because we don't agree with you. @Irishman81 he was there pvping wiht us and never once did i start killing people when they came out of the graveyard. @Multitallented @Kainzo

Multitallented

Legacy Supporter 5
Same, but thats way it is when the coders running the event are in amoria and hate pvpers, also when they are given too much power and dont know what to do with it. I mean teleporting me up 100 blocks to kill me is abusive when we are having fun and killing other people Which IS LEGAL no matter how much you don't like your townies dying it is very bias to first off make the PvErs able to turn on a poison in their town, then second off banning us because we killed your town. This is pretty sad for staff to favor one side of the spectrum. You say i camped the graveyard, funny since none of my team said I did, Get your facts right. Your a coder for goodness sake you should be higher than all of us but yet you act like you are one of us, so you abuse your power because we don't agree with you. @Irishman81 he was there pvping wiht us and never once did i start killing people when they came out of the graveyard. @Multitallented @Kainzo
I unbanned you as per my post in your ban appeal. This is the wrong thread for this discussion

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
Siegecannons will bring the fight outside of town where there are no turrets or poison. It doesn't matter if they are cool or not. I created them so you that you don't have to fight in a town to destroy it, which should make pvp a lot more fun for attackers.
How does that make it more fun? If I didn't want to fight in a town I wouldn't go there in the first place

Ultanian

Portal
Hi, i guess for the test purpose nonstop raiding doesnt help. Why dont you try disabling pvp on the entire map for a couple of hours, to allow towns keep growing, when you feel like the raid has been enough. Trying to stop the raiders with offensive mesures is what piss them off because its just god power helping one side.

If it was in aegis map, since there would be more than 2 towns, the raid wont focus in the same town all the time. Also there would be alliances to defend.
I feel like the group I was part of is like being made out to look like assholes who just started camping for fun, Frankydemon and Da_Burg did attack us so we did attack back....
The first hour or two you did kinda trap everyone in a house and continued to annoy us after the cease-fire...

Ultanian

Portal
All of you guys pretty much forgot this was a test for townships, you were doing what you typically do on live.

Pugglez_

Legacy Supporter 3
@Multitallented
How will Siegecannons bring the fight outside of the town? Sure, it WILL bring the raiders outside of the town. But how do you expect defenders who are already scared in the first place to even come out despite outnumbering the raiders to go outside of the town and fight. Even with the 3 hearts dmg turret and half a heart poison damage per tick, they still won't come out.

Pugglez_

Legacy Supporter 3
All of you guys pretty much forgot this was a test for townships, you were doing what you typically do on live.
Yes, this is a test for the Township plugin. But this should be also a test of how people will react to this Township plugin. If this comes on Live, camping WILL happen. It's just how it is for the past maps. A town trying to build itself up while another town prevents it from doing so by killing them over and over and lowering their supplies.

Ultanian

Portal
Yes, this is a test for the Township plugin. But this should be also a test of how people will react to this Township plugin. If this comes on Live, camping WILL happen. It's just how it is for the past maps. A town trying to build itself up while another town prevents it from doing so by killing them over and over and lowering their supplies.
On live there would be a lot more than just two towns. The world would be bigger and enemy towns wouldn't start with max levels. On top of that, the locations would be unknown. On the test you guys knew exactly where we were, and we knew the same about you. There's also the matter of distance. On live towns are often hundreds or even thousands of blocks apart.

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
On live there would be a lot more than just two towns. The world would be bigger and enemy towns wouldn't start with max levels. On top of that, the locations would be unknown. On the test you guys knew exactly where we were, and we knew the same about you. There's also the matter of distance. On live towns are often hundreds or even thousands of blocks apart.
people aren't stupid as soon as a new town is made people start tracking, like in Bastion I started to make a town next thing I know 10 freepers are at my door step :p

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
There are many many ways of finding out where your town is. Track and death mark show exactly where you are, and towns usually have a ninja or ranger in them.

Transportation also isn't an issue at all, with hero gates all over the map now, and wizards having gta, getting to your town isn't an issue either.

Ahrall

Legacy Supporter 5
Whiteninja makes a very good point. The incentive to take the PvP out of the town is that if left unchecked the siege cannon will destroy your town. If you don't come out of your homes then soon we will be able to come into your homes, thus forcing you to come out if you wish to save your town.
That being said, I don't know if people will come out. Especially if their aggressors are definitively better than them then people won't want to get repeatedly slaughtered for nothing

MalaWolf

ICE ICE ICE!

-Camping occurs on the pvp server even without this plugin on the and we already proved with the 2nd test that not being Insta maxed only snowballed camping. Also your team was also Insta maxed and if it was transferred to live you would get a case of lost souls vs maxed (as bad as this would be) Also your location was unknown, we only found it using a ranger, which is more than available on the live server. Finally for distance people are willing to walk the distance and there are also reasonably spaced out hero gates and spires reducing this distance.

Multitallented

Legacy Supporter 5
Whiteninja makes a very good point. The incentive to take the PvP out of the town is that if left unchecked the siege cannon will destroy your town. If you don't come out of your homes then soon we will be able to come into your homes, thus forcing you to come out if you wish to save your town.
That being said, I don't know if people will come out. Especially if their aggressors are definitively better than them then people won't want to get repeatedly slaughtered for nothing
That is working as intended. If the town is so weak that they won't come out to attack, then the town will be destroyed and they will come out anyway (which is a ton of fun). No one wants to get repeatedly slaughtered for no reason. I'm not going to encourage that kind of gameplay.