• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Townships 3.0: Guide|Commands|Regions

ShadowRavynn

Max Legacy Supporter
Warehouses and the 'this region can be automated' tooltip are different functions.

Warehouse
Used to hold reagents/inputs for the various regions. If a region is missing something when it tries to activate (for example, houses look for their food once per day), the warehouse puts (teleports) the item in the center chest so it can be used.

Factory/Farm Automation:
This is done via rails. Let's say you build two structures: a kindling factory and an arrow factory. The kindling factory makes sticks from logs, and you want it to send those sticks to the arrow factory. What you would do, is build a rail line connecting the center chests in the two regions. In the kindling factory center chest, place a minecart that has a chest on it (brain fart what those are called atm). Whenever the kindling factory creates some sticks, it will drop the minecart onto the rails, fill the minecart, and then push the minecart along the rails. (If the distance is large, you may need to add in some powered rails to keep the cart going). When the minecart gets to the other chest and stops, it will dump the sticks in the arrow factory chest, despawn, and respawn back at the kindling factory. If the cart stops for whatever reason (something blocks it, it runs out of momentum), just bump it in the direction of the destination chest, and it should still work.

I haven't tested it yet, but it may also be able to automatically dump the products in any chest, not just a center chest. Feel free to try this, heh.

@Alator @cindy_k
Has anyone tried this yet? I wanted to get something like this going and have tried it, but it didnt seem to work to me... unless I just didnt wait long enough...

and one other thing that I think needs to be adjusted.... the Soul Grimoires that are sold to the mystic... well, these ARE books, which DOES make sense... but they do not stack... And @devotedworker mentioned that, of course, the picks do not stack either.

this makes it, in my opinion, much more difficult to like, say, sell in a shop in spawn or even to another player. With the other town trade items, you get a stack, thus it only uses 1 inventory slot. With the picks and grimoires, well, you would have to have, at the very least, 10 empty inventory slots... and that is IF you only want one days worth of trading...

I would like to recommend, or ask, that these 2 items be updated to be more inline with the other items since you get the same income from them... or, alternatively, update the income to reflect the hassle they are. LOL

thank you very much!

<3 <3 Ravynn

ShadowRavynn

Max Legacy Supporter
@Alator @cindy_k
Has anyone tried this yet? I wanted to get something like this going and have tried it, but it didnt seem to work to me... unless I just didnt wait long enough...

and one other thing that I think needs to be adjusted.... the Soul Grimoires that are sold to the mystic... well, these ARE books, which DOES make sense... but they do not stack... And @devotedworker mentioned that, of course, the picks do not stack either.

this makes it, in my opinion, much more difficult to like, say, sell in a shop in spawn or even to another player. With the other town trade items, you get a stack, thus it only uses 1 inventory slot. With the picks and grimoires, well, you would have to have, at the very least, 10 empty inventory slots... and that is IF you only want one days worth of trading...

I would like to recommend, or ask, that these 2 items be updated to be more inline with the other items since you get the same income from them... or, alternatively, update the income to reflect the hassle they are. LOL

thank you very much!

<3 <3 Ravynn

@Alator @cindy_k hmmm... also, I do not know about the general populace, but my town had enough items in the bakery as well as the tinkerer to be paid and the town did NOT get paid for those shops.. I thought I fix went in? because we got paid the night before last night (I thought due to the fix) and the night before that we did not get paid...

AANNNDD it looks like we did not get paid last night but it DID take our items from our chests :( has anyone else reported this yet?

ShadowRavynn

Max Legacy Supporter
@Alator @cindy_k hmmm... also, I do not know about the general populace, but my town had enough items in the bakery as well as the tinkerer to be paid and the town did NOT get paid for those shops.. I thought I fix went in? because we got paid the night before last night (I thought due to the fix) and the night before that we did not get paid...

AANNNDD it looks like we did not get paid last night but it DID take our items from our chests :( has anyone else reported this yet?

mmkaaayyy.. one more thing I have noticed.. have you coded it so that your farms etc cannot produce a dbl chest of like, say... carrots? when I first tried it out, I was getting almost an entire double chest of stone axes and was able to put those over in my tree farm etc... and I know I WAS getting more carrots than a single chest but now it seems to be stopping when it fills a single chest worth...

or maybe.. I am crazeh and am emptying the chests more right now.....

anyways, it would be nice to utilize a dbl chest so you do not have to empty it quite so often....

tthhaannkkkssss

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
Remastered Tier 2 Supporter
so thanks to @TheManiac23 - I found that my town JUST got paid a bit ago... seems like the timing, then, is really off...?
I changed the daily upkeep time to 5PM CST. I've been away all weekend; I need to see if there are lingering region upkeep issues still.

Is it possible to request a command that shows the power usage of the town in detail. That would be a great help.
I can add something like this to the to-do list.

ShadowRavynn

Max Legacy Supporter
@Alator @cindy_k

thank you very much!

<3 <3 Ravynn

@Alator @cindy_k @Kainzo

still waiting and hoping for this to be adjusted please for picks and grimoires??