• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Townships 3.0: Guide|Commands|Regions

Eneokun

Max Legacy Supporter
The Wiki lives from the feedback of players and contributions.

Please post in this thread if you have anything to point out regarding Townships 3.0, for the Wiki Database.
We know of the difficulties of the plugin due to it's wide range of features.

The Wiki Team and Contributors will do their best to acknowledge your feedback and use it in managing the Wiki.
____________________________________________________________________________________________

Please check out the following sites and give us some feedback, in order to make appropriate changes:

Please keep in mind that this plugin is new and the pages are still under construction!

____________________________________________________________________________________________

-> If you wish to become a Contributor and help us editing the Wiki, message: WitchOnaRampage.

If you have something about Townships 3.0, that you wish to see in the Wiki, post it below!

Sarelth

Legacy Supporter 7
I would love to see how one uses the minecarts to automate the buildings Do i have to have powere reils, signs, teleporters, mules, or some other system to move the items and how do i choose which items to move.
Thanks

Eneokun

Max Legacy Supporter
I would love to see how one uses the minecarts to automate the buildings Do i have to have powere reils, signs, teleporters, mules, or some other system to move the items and how do i choose which items to move.
Thanks

The warehouse region is supposed to offer this kind of system as much as I can say. It distributes materials to the regions in need of input reagents. I doubt you could automatize each region individually using the ways you've mentioned, by now.

/town info warehouse
-> /town shop/list -> Town-Infrastructure -> warehouse

But only @Alator can tell you about it.

- I just noticed the warehouse isn't mentioned at the Regions list.... I will wait until I get a response from Alator here before I add it, because I think it's not on the list for a purpose.

Last edited:

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
Remastered Tier 2 Supporter
Warehouses and the 'this region can be automated' tooltip are different functions.

Warehouse
Used to hold reagents/inputs for the various regions. If a region is missing something when it tries to activate (for example, houses look for their food once per day), the warehouse puts (teleports) the item in the center chest so it can be used.

Factory/Farm Automation:
This is done via rails. Let's say you build two structures: a kindling factory and an arrow factory. The kindling factory makes sticks from logs, and you want it to send those sticks to the arrow factory. What you would do, is build a rail line connecting the center chests in the two regions. In the kindling factory center chest, place a minecart that has a chest on it (brain fart what those are called atm). Whenever the kindling factory creates some sticks, it will drop the minecart onto the rails, fill the minecart, and then push the minecart along the rails. (If the distance is large, you may need to add in some powered rails to keep the cart going). When the minecart gets to the other chest and stops, it will dump the sticks in the arrow factory chest, despawn, and respawn back at the kindling factory. If the cart stops for whatever reason (something blocks it, it runs out of momentum), just bump it in the direction of the destination chest, and it should still work.

I haven't tested it yet, but it may also be able to automatically dump the products in any chest, not just a center chest. Feel free to try this, heh.

Eneokun

Max Legacy Supporter
Warehouses and the 'this region can be automated' tooltip are different functions.

Warehouse
Used to hold reagents/inputs for the various regions. If a region is missing something when it tries to activate (for example, houses look for their food once per day), the warehouse puts (teleports) the item in the center chest so it can be used.

Factory/Farm Automation:
This is done via rails. Let's say you build two structures: a kindling factory and an arrow factory. The kindling factory makes sticks from logs, and you want it to send those sticks to the arrow factory. What you would do, is build a rail line connecting the center chests in the two regions. In the kindling factory center chest, place a minecart that has a chest on it (brain fart what those are called atm). Whenever the kindling factory creates some sticks, it will drop the minecart onto the rails, fill the minecart, and then push the minecart along the rails. (If the distance is large, you may need to add in some powered rails to keep the cart going). When the minecart gets to the other chest and stops, it will dump the sticks in the arrow factory chest, despawn, and respawn back at the kindling factory. If the cart stops for whatever reason (something blocks it, it runs out of momentum), just bump it in the direction of the destination chest, and it should still work.

I haven't tested it yet, but it may also be able to automatically dump the products in any chest, not just a center chest. Feel free to try this, heh.

Out of this I assume, instead of making a warehouse to distribute food to housing regions, you could also build a rail system which delivers the food to those chests (somewhat dumb imagining a minecart driving into a house to deliver food though). Just talking about the possibility however. Farm -> Rail -> House

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
Out of this I assume, instead of making a warehouse to distribute food to housing regions, you could also build a rail system which delivers the food to those chests (somewhat dumb imagining a minecart driving into a house to deliver food though). Just talking about the possibility however. Farm -> Rail -> House
You could if you wanted to sure, it would just be significantly less efficient than farm -> rail -> warehouse (if possible. Again, someone test this, or I will when I get a chance.).

Eneokun

Max Legacy Supporter
You could if you wanted to sure, it would just be significantly less efficient than farm -> rail -> warehouse (if possible. Again, someone test this, or I will when I get a chance.).

Personally won't get to test it, sorry.

BeauNeath said that region payouts are now directly transfered to the town bank and no longer to the primary owner. Is that true?

devotedworker

Retired Staff
Max Legacy Supporter
I've tested it last map. The rail system only allows a region to move to another region, not REGIONS, which allowed by the Warehouse. So its impossible to use a single carrot farm to feed more than 1 House automatically without a warehouse.

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
Personally won't get to test it, sorry.

BeauNeath said that region payouts are now directly transfered to the town bank and no longer to the primary owner. Is that true?
Correct. Payout go to the town bank, and money drains come from the town bank.

Sarelth

Legacy Supporter 7
I can not seem to get the minecart to do anything when I attach it. Cart is in chest, chest has rails beside it to other chest. Not movement of items. To make matters worse we found out that dropped a chest cart on the ground it can not be picked up my anyone while it is an item entity.

Any clarification as to what I need to do.

Got the cart to spawn, only appears on top of chest, has to be pushed off chest. or gets stuck in chest sometimes.

Placed rails beside, infront and tried for above and beside.

Last edited:

Eneokun

Max Legacy Supporter
I can not seem to get the minecart to do anything when I attach it. Cart is in chest, chest has rails beside it to other chest. Not movement of items. To make matters worse we found out that dropped a chest cart on the ground it can not be picked up my anyone while it is an item entity.

Any clarification as to what I need to do.

Got the cart to spawn, only appears on top of chest, has to be pushed off chest. or gets stuck in chest sometimes.

Placed rails beside, infront and tried for above and beside.

I've tested it last map. The rail system only allows a region to move to another region, not REGIONS, which allowed by the Warehouse. So its impossible to use a single carrot farm to feed more than 1 House automatically without a warehouse.

@devotedworker can you help him with this I've never tested it myself.

devotedworker

Retired Staff
Max Legacy Supporter
@devotedworker can you help him with this I've never tested it myself.
In order to make an Automatic Minecart system you need at the minimun
1 Powered Rails ( Powered )
1 Minecart With a Chest

Put the Minecart with a Chest inside the Region you want to send out items, then place the powered rail inside that region. If the region allows automatic transport it will summon a Minecart on the Powered Rail. From there make a track to move the Minecart into another region, and the region should consume the Minecart and items, then the Minecart should re-appear in the Original Chest

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
A comment on what devoted said, we noticed that if you put the powered rail adjacent to the chest (one of the "travel" sides touching the chest), the minecart can sometimes get stuck and not move.

Last edited:

devotedworker

Retired Staff
Max Legacy Supporter
A comment on what devoted said, we noticed that if you put the powered rail adjacent to the chest (one of the "travel" sides touching the chest), the minecart can sometimes get stuck and not move.
Thats because the Chest isn't a full block, its not an issue with the Plugin, its just the minecart getting stuck in the Chests Hitbox most likely.

ShadowRavynn

Max Legacy Supporter
Correct. Payout go to the town bank, and money drains come from the town bank.

@Alator -- so wait, when you say money drains, is this when you create a region? or just when a region has to pay taxes?

cause I was under the impression that now the income went to the town bank, but that is for taxes and if I want to build a new structure (as an owner) then it will come out of my personal bank...??

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
@Alator -- so wait, when you say money drains, is this when you create a region? or just when a region has to pay taxes?

cause I was under the impression that now the income went to the town bank, but that is for taxes and if I want to build a new structure (as an owner) then it will come out of my personal bank...??
Building structures comes out of the player's wallet. The money created or used by the region comes out of/into the town bank.

Sarelth

Legacy Supporter 7
Posting in the 3.2 update thread, thought I should have posted it here instead.
So the quick question is, are the power usage/gains accurate on the wiki page. because I seem to be losing a lot more power then the wiki would have me believe.