• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Townships 3.0 Controversy and Resolution

Multitallented

Legacy Supporter 5
Amoria:
1. Wants to be able to build something somewhat safe against attackers (or at least require attackers to spend more resources to invade).
2. Wants to be able to play on herocraft without having to pvp or run away all of the time due to camping/harassment.

Sanmak:
1. Wants to be able to pvp, raid, and war with towns of any size whenever they want without undue burden. These hardships include: safe zones, siege cannon costs, town poison effect, walls/underground.

My solution and why:
Make towns imperfect safe zones that can be sieged. This way both needs will be met. No matter how defended a town is, it can be sieged (with the appropriate resources) forcing pvp outside of town. Because the town will always have holes in it's defenses, pvp can still happen inside on a smaller scale. That is my goal.

In the current state, Townships 3.0 takes care of Amoria's needs. With some adjustments for balance Sanmak's needs will also be met. Currently I'm working on temporary short range teleporters to help raiders get through walls and underground towns. I'm also testing prices for siegecannons so as to balance that.

EDIT: also after hearing @Irishman81 's suggestion, I made poison only take effect once non-town members enter combat.

Ahrall

Legacy Supporter 5
Make towns imperfect safe zones that can be sieged. This way both needs will be met. No matter how defended a town is, it can be sieged (with the appropriate resources) forcing pvp outside of town. Because the town will always have holes in it's defenses, pvp can still happen inside on a smaller scale. That is my goal.
Any chance you could elaborate on this a bit more? Additional siege weapons/structures have been talked about but nothing specific has been confirmed.

Multitallented

Legacy Supporter 5
Any chance you could elaborate on this a bit more? Additional siege weapons/structures have been talked about but nothing specific has been confirmed.
The most obvious are siegecannons. These must be built in a mini-town called an Outpost. Siegecannons fire tnt over time and can be destroyed by vanilla tnt cannons or by destroying the Outpost.

There are also TNT producing ammodumps, arrowturrets, temporary arrowturrets, landmines, raiding teleporters, hospitals (heal nearby allies over time), temporary ports, and temporary graveyards (called memorials). I have a whole bunch of other siege/offensive things planned, but I don't want to confuse you guys too much.

The variety of siege equipment isn't the main issue currently. It's the cost of it.

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
Keep in mind unless the server goes back into 1 map like it was during Bastion and maps before, this really isn't needed. Someone can be on PVE full time or just live there and go to PVP when they want some kills. The PVP world should be meant for those who truly want to go all-out high risk for high reward, no where should be a safezone at all. Forcing PVP outside of towns takes away from any defenses a town has but things like hospitals inside an outpost will still work, giving an unfair advantage to the attacking players. I want to see large scale sieges that last for hours with 10v10s and such. Building siege cannons will make people come out of their houses to fight but making them lose the buffs from their defenses by going outside the town while attackers keep theirs is going to make towns too easy to destroy.

Egorh

Outcast
Legacy Supporter 7
Here is what I think should happen:
  • Remove the poison, keep the turret, and maybe add a possible 5% damage increase
  • Safe zones
    • Have no PvP zones on the graveyard and townhall
    • Allow a house upgrade that is very expensive that allows No-PvP
  • Teleporters
    • It will probably be the best option and still allow a town to build what they want
      • But it can't be free. I suggest when you use a teleporter you have slow 2 for 15s
    • For me it feels like that it doesn't fit with HC and what we strive for
    • I feel as though it will take away appeal for Wizard. People always want a Wizard because it helps them get into towns and under cities for raiding