• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Township theft and greif.

GaidenFocus

ICE ICE ICE!
I am not knowledgeable enough about the ins and outs of the logging mod you guys have, but if in some form or fashion mayors could be given the ability to check who broke a certain block, or stole from a certain chest within his/her region that would be fantastic. This would cut down on alot of petty theft PEs.

I bring this up because i have a secure entry to my town using redstone torches. Every day one of them is broken. Now this is only 1 or two blocks but it disrupts the entire functionality of the gate but at the same time i would feel like a douche for PEing 2 blocks. I would like to find the culprits and punish them without having to annoy the mods/admins.

MajorasMask

Ungodly
Yeah, I saw this come up earlier on, another thread on this issue.

I don't mind this idea. However some consider it too difficult for the Hereocraft coding team to do, and also it would give mayors way to much power.

Rawbb

Wood
Yeah, whoever keeps breaking the north reach gates alone is enough for something like this to be put in. Really need to be able to see whos messing with things they shouldn't in towns/cities/capitals/whatever.

Rawbb

Wood
Yeah, I saw this come up earlier on, another thread on this issue.

I don't mind this idea. However some consider it too difficult for the Hereocraft coding team to do, and also it would give mayors way to much power.

How is it too much power? It would only have to work within their region.

MajorasMask

Ungodly
How is it too much power? It would only have to work within their region.

But consider it. They have the ability to check WHATEVER someone has done. Im fine with it, some might call it a lil bit too ''Big Brother''. Im not sure. Im not one of them.

I remember from before, somewhere else, that pulling this regional logging thing off is difficult. I think an admin/mod said it, im not sure.

GaidenFocus

ICE ICE ICE!
Yes you could check WHATEVER they have done, but its not like anything can be done about it besides kicking from the region or some other form of punishment. why would one waste there time arbitrarily checking logs for things?

Plasma78

Legacy Supporter 7
why not make a tkt system for it.. mayor puts in tkt and get just the info that is requested

like :: need to know who and what is breaking the north gate co: 455 322
times if possible

he would get back

player: greifer
co: 455 332
broke dirt block, fence block, etc

just a suggestion :)

Diffuse

Legacy Supporter 4
If you are talking about the stone blocks above the piston that might have been me testing a very interesting glitch. I apologize :(

GreekCrackShot

Legacy Supporter 7
I bring this up because i have a secure entry to my town using redstone torches. Every day one of them is broken. Now this is only 1 or two blocks but it disrupts the entire functionality of the gate but at the same time i would feel like a douche for PEing 2 blocks. I would like to find the culprits and punish them without having to annoy the mods/admins.
^^ a similar thing happens to me as well. You can't see it, but when someone block lags and whacks the gate sign under a few blocks, it breaks the gate, making it forever open unless you toggle it from the [gate] sign itself. This pisses me off, because it's a form of griefing that really cannot be proved without the use of a video. In a regioned area, the protection keeps people from hitting the redstone torch, but if that player is laggy enough, they can break a block and toggle the gate sign. I know from experience, because back on the last map, there was no rule against this for a while. I realize there is no efficient way of moderating this, and although it's obvious when it happens, it can't be proved easily.

dragonzero39

Legacy Supporter 7
First off let me compliment you Gaiden, I have chased people by 3 blocks and they are able to open and lock gates before I get in, Your gates a very secure, but I don't have to worry about your gates anymore ;) secondly! yes it is terrible that some people refuse to take care of their town and I'm not gonna play the princess, I have broke blocks to defend the town or fix the town in a hurry when time was of the essence, but I do try to go fix the issue later. On another server I played the operators (little higher than moderator's) could give someone temporary abilities to do tasks such as place rails which was illegal for normal players. Maybe if Gaiden had the ability to just say "yo (admin or mod name here) can I get somma that temporary check stuff up magic?" and a few minutes later the ability was removed from him. It would save the TP and investigation time of moderators and administrators (no gaiden does not talk like that haha)

GaidenFocus

ICE ICE ICE!
yea im not really talking specifically about my gate or block lagging. im talking about greifing. other players who live in the town. Diffuse what are you talking about?

Diffuse

Legacy Supporter 4
A glitch I found at your gates that lets me duplicate redstone torches in exchange for the block on top of the piston being destroyed. :eek:

GaidenFocus

ICE ICE ICE!
how are you able to activate my piston? i know about that glitch pretty useless though. but usually its when the piston goes upward and smashes the torch. shouldnt do that the way its set up

Diffuse

Legacy Supporter 4
When I place the redstone torch on top of the block that is over the piston it does something that makes me be able to activate the piston by walking up to it (I assume player detection or something?)

GaidenFocus

ICE ICE ICE!
hmm no its not hooked up to p-detection. its prett simple really its just a wire that goes to the gate sign, and a few repeaters that run up to redstone torch that is keeping the piston extended, thus retracting it and breaking the redstone torch. before i had it reversed but the smooth stone block would get smashed and turned into an additional redstone torch. so i had to do it this way. i know there is issues with pistons and regioned areas but im not sure what it all entails.