• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Township new member Category "Worker"

Eligof

Legacy Supporter 4
Having some time with my town i do realize that profressions like engineer, famers or those that can build specific regions (by the way all) cannot get the most profit of its profession as no body is allowed to pertain to two towns, so they dont have jobs outside his towns.

I suggest to create a third category called "worker" where a major or town owner cand use /to addworker "playername" "TownName" to allow that payer work inside a super-region and at individual regions in which the owner of the town added him as member. So you dont need to add that player that is gonna build your main gate as a town member to be able to buy his services.
Currently he needs to be removed from his town... and added to the town he is gonna work, then removed from the town when the work has been done... and added again to his original town... and worst if the person you want for the job is the only owner of a super-region.

With this new option you ask for a service and get a player willing to do it, use /to addworker "Townname" and voila he can enter your super-region and build/remove blocks. if needed the mayor can just add this player as member of a region (house, warehouse) but most of the times it wont be needed as most of the emgineer jobs are done in SR areas. And when the job is done the mayor just use /to removeworker "playerName" "Townname"

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
I believe Guest perms are coming for towns. Would allow allies, and this, to happen.

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
Yes, ideally I'd like to see a Guest rank added.

Also I'd like to see the original/primary owner as a rank that's distinct from Owner - perhaps Mayor again?

devotedworker

Retired Staff
Max Legacy Supporter
Yes, ideally I'd like to see a Guest rank added.

Also I'd like to see the original/primary owner as a rank that's distinct from Owner - perhaps Mayor again?
So essentially we want a way to add someone to a Super Region without being a member of the town and for the Origin or Main town owner to have a distinct rank?

Eligof

Legacy Supporter 4
So essentially we want a way to add someone to a Super Region without being a member of the town and for the Origin or Main town owner to have a distinct rank?

we want to have a "kind" of two town membership just to avoid having to resing to your town just to work at another town.

maybe this special rank can be a "just one worker" per town so a town cant have more than one player at a time. So if the town need another job the worker rank must me available. avoiding having many different players as workers.
On the other hand a player can work in two towns at the "same time" not in a strict way just being worker on two or more towns for extample he can work in town A at morning as thats the time when the mayor of town A is online, then in the afternon he may try to finis work in town B as that the time when they are online and the next morning he may return to town A to finish.

blazex13

Iron
Yeah this sounds pretty good.

Edit
The only problem or an added feature is that the workers could do an 'Inside Job' On a Town to allow others to get in.

Eligof

Legacy Supporter 4
Yeah this sounds pretty good.

Edit
The only problem or an added feature is that the workers could do an 'Inside Job' On a Town to allow others to get in.

You wont let an "outsider" alone in your town unless you trust him, or revoke the worker status until you get online again

blazex13

Iron
You wont let an "outsider" alone in your town unless you trust him, or revoke the worker status until you get online again

Yea I understand that all I am saying is that if one truly had the persuasive skills to get an owner to add them as a worker for say a wall or something then someone else had payed them even more money to build a tunnel or something then it would be interesting. Not saying it is a fault in the system itself just saying what it could be used for.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
Yea I understand that all I am saying is that if one truly had the persuasive skills to get an owner to add them as a worker for say a wall or something then someone else had payed them even more money to build a tunnel or something then it would be interesting. Not saying it is a fault in the system itself just saying what it could be used for.
And then it would be illegal.
That's be region abuse.