• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion [Township] Initial Costs

Symbolite

Legacy Supporter 7
I also want to add that since taxes are in now, upgrade prices should come down a little on the current map. Its very difficult to raise for the next upgrade while having to pay every week. O_O

Acherous

Legacy Supporter 9
Hear hear!

I'm going to toss some example costs out here:
  • found a Hamlet- 25k, +10 signatures
  • upgrade to Town- 10k, +5 signatures
  • upgrade to City- 15k, +10 signatures
  • upgrade to Capital- 25k, +15 signatures
The total for making a Capital is 75k with 50 signatures.

Currently (if the wiki is to be believed) it costs 142.5k and 25 signatures to be considered a Capital. So it's more people-dependent which IMO is how it should be, and 50 signatures is fairly achievable. Lorien did it for a while there, no? Could also simply bump up the coin if 75k is too easy.

If we assume that a higher entry point for making a Hamlet would reduce the number of towns made by 25%, working off our current number of settlements that's about 12 towns fewer. If it takes 10 signatures to make a Hamlet we have a minimum of 120 more people to be distributed between the other towns, and still working off our current situation that's about 3 more signatures per remaining town.
Ya, it should definetly be more citizen dependent. We have quite a few more active players than we did in zeal. Adding this with a quote to the OP.

WoleverEntun

Legacy Supporter 3
25k does seem a bit high though, especially at the start of the map. What confuses me is how we have MORE towns this map than last, while last map it cost the same for a larger town region. With what you pay for a Hamlet region, you could get a town region last map.

Acherous

Legacy Supporter 9
25k does seem a bit high though, especially at the start of the map. What confuses me is how we have MORE towns this map than last, while last map it cost the same for a larger town region. With what you pay for a Hamlet region, you could get a town region last map.
I think that just simply is because there are more players this map.

kevinlive

Legacy Supporter 2
I support this 100%, we got too many ghost towns, too many small private towns, and not enough large towns/kingdoms. Hands down, Herocraft is on it's best when you're in a town with 50 active people that all are awesome in themselves(yes, all of em. Kick out the morons ;)).

kevinlive

Legacy Supporter 2
I think that just simply is because there are more players this map.

There is also a lot more small groups that decide to power mine for a week and start up their own town.
Imo it's easier to start up a hamlet in DG than it was in Zeal. Also, there was more kingdoms in Zeal.

ThatAintFalco

Portal

Probably because of two reasons

1. People need to kill mobs for leveling = free cash
2. Voting earns you 3x as much as it did in Zeal

WoleverEntun

Legacy Supporter 3
I liked all the Massive kingdoms and alliances, it made things more interesting when someone declared war on another town, you challenged an entire kingdom.

applelove

Legacy Supporter 5
Frankly, I've never understood this whole "there's too many towns" mindset. Especially now, when towns are basically useless, and most people seem to prefer guilds or loose factions.
Realistically, the amount of citizens required to keep a capital (assuming it is 50, as stated previously) is so many as to ensure the death of any capital level town after a short period of time. If anything, I'd say the whole system needs a revamp to make towns worth these constant price increases. As it stands, the way I see it, towns are nothing more than a region and a symbol of status, with an increasingly massive cost and decreasing benefit.