• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Township Changes: Effective 3/17 3PM CST

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
(Effective 3/17) 3PM CST
*Townships: Mayors now have the ability to allow or disable PVP in township rings - if they wish to keep on PVP - they may.
(STAFF WILL NOT PUNISH FOR PK/DEATH IN RINGS)
*Townships: Mayors have the sole responsiblity of ensuring chests are locked. If they want to lure thieves into their town to slaughter them - so be it.
(STAFF WILL NOT PUNISH FOR THEFT IN TOWNS IF ITS NOT LOCKED)
*Townships: Mayors/SICS will CANNOT toggle PVP on and off rapidly to abuse the system (we monitor/log this)
*Townships: Players cannot 'grief' or 'steal' buildings or their materials. (If caught - the player will be killed / removed - repeated actions will be removal from the server)
DO NOT ATTEMPT TO CIRCUMVENT PROTECTION OF ANY KIND WITHIN TOWNSHIPS - YOU WILL BE BEATEN DOWN. (This includes region/lwc)

Region 2.0 will be launching very soon and will allow:
1) Welcome Messages
2) Pylon depicted regions for non-uniform areas
3) No damage
4) no PVP
5) etc etc

Reasons:
1) Prepare for Heroes (RPG) balance
2) Kick lazy mayors to the curb and have their towns wrecked
3) Promote unity and togetherness through fear and mutual hatred of me

RE: Township Changes: Effective 3/17

Oooh. This could be fun. :icon_twisted:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems that /region stops unauthorized players from accessing chests, no?

AussieDingbat

Legacy Supporter 5

Seems that's the best of both worlds there Kain, allowing theft to make slack mayors pick up their game, but not forcing PVP down everyone's throat.

I approve of these Changes.

sheddi

Legacy Supporter 3

hells ya i love this idea im gonna have our slums in Artemis and our dock/harbor district's be pvp on and dangerous and thievery going on its gonna add so much more depth to our town

Aesi

Legacy Supporter 3

Sounds like your trying to cut down on admins/mods, they wont have anything to do when no one can complain about whats legal.

wolfgang784

Legacy Supporter 3

Some of the point is prolly to stop people from complaining about what is legal. When someone complains about being killed in town, the simple answer will be "Talk to the lazy/pvp loving mayor"

Neo_Exdeath

Destroyer Of Worlds
Legacy Supporter 3

dustger89 said:
Sounds like your trying to cut down on admins/mods, they wont have anything to do when no one can complain about whats legal.

Trust me, Someone will always find something to complain about.

FuckingSoup98

Legacy Supporter 5

Sounds awesome! I think pvp in towns is a great idea, it promotes unity like Kain said, and it lets us prepare for raids, and wars. I approve!

Draskuul

Legacy Supporter 5

I mentioned this in game, but thought I'd add the note here too:

We really need a way to properly and fully region a town ring. With /region it would take dozens of cubes to get reasonably close, hundreds to have a perfect match.

There was mention a while back of possibly going back to Realms instead of Regions, and from what I've seen of it this issue would be resolved. It would probably make sense to make that switch prior to the town changes.

carmeops

Legacy Supporter 5

if i remember, someone said that mayor can make a region over the ring to include all the town in one single square region, but i can be wrong

Draskuul

Legacy Supporter 5

carmeops said:
if i remember, someone said that mayor can make a region over the ring to include all the town in one single square region, but i can be wrong

I asked about that, which would be my preference, but it sounded like the admin consensus was that would cover too much area outside the ring. Of course my suggestion was to just make the rings squares for now...

Aesi

Legacy Supporter 3

Draskuul said:
I mentioned this in game, but thought I'd add the note here too:

We really need a way to properly and fully region a town ring. With /region it would take dozens of cubes to get reasonably close, hundreds to have a perfect match.

There was mention a while back of possibly going back to Realms instead of Regions, and from what I've seen of it this issue would be resolved. It would probably make sense to make that switch prior to the town changes.

It should just be allowed to region the edges of the ring, non-citizens arent supposed to build about 100ish blocks near a town anyway... I think we should just have the circle inside the region, its only a few extra blocks on the corners of the region.

sheddi

Legacy Supporter 3

you are allowed to region over your ring to get it to fit within a square

wolfgang784

Legacy Supporter 3

My understanding is yes, aussie. A kingdom is allowed to allow or deny pvp in the entire pylon zone.

AussieDingbat said:
Can we region our Kingdoms to be pvp off?

Right now there is no stable and reliable technology to region all the area within your pylons unless your pylons form a rectangle. Polygonal-based regions are a "coming soon" feature of WorldGuard.

So right now at least, a King's word on PvP is a verbal command.

carmeops

Legacy Supporter 5

it's not, from today, if not protected by regions, nothing stop people to murder/steal inside a kingdom, king's world have no power at all for that anymore

so, right now, if a king don't region all he can: people can be killed in the kingdom, rules aren't against you if you kill people (outside sanctum)

McGreed

TNT

I still wish that we would get an message whenever we go into/out of a PvP area, as we now can't be sure if the town is safe or not, without of course checking it manually.

wolfgang784

Legacy Supporter 3

Mcgreed just walk up and punch someone you know. =P They won't mind. Just be sure they are weaponless as well.