• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion [Towns/Guilds] Prefix Player Names

hux0

Legacy Supporter 3
I often run into the problem that I come across another player and have to decide/find out if he is friendly or not. For my town, I can check /ch who to get an idea. For others towns, I cannot.

Simple fix would be: Prefix Player names with Tags that towns and guilds can choose. Maybe not in chat, it is cluttered up already, but for the actual first person view. Instead of igs_hux, you would come across [Pro] igs_hux for example, as I am part of Prometheus.

I wonder why this isn't inlcuded yet, as it is pretty obvious to me. I can only imagine that the players and/or admins prefer to leave some secrets/mystery in the game. From my point of view, it would be a great addition. There will still be some mystery, as I don't instantly have the class and level of the other player on hand.

Has this been discussed yet?

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
I approve of a simple 3 letter suffix being made available upon reaching City size for towns, I think it would be an excellent addition to everything from chance wilderness encounters to pvp tourneys.

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
Just use /town who <username>
As for adding data like that to first person, you can't add it on the same line as the name without screwing over anyone with a name of 13 characters or longer.
I know there's the new, secondary line but I need to look into that before I can speak on it.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
If you have time to send someone a message just to check their prefix when you spot them in wilderness, then you also have enough time to use /town who. I don't see the problem.

Should also mention that LOTS of people has staff titles, purchased titles or special titles that they want to/have to use.

TimForReal

AdminForReal
Rules Council
Architect
Herald
Event Team
Max Legacy Supporter
I've seen a mention before of making townies/guildies/kindomies green similar to Party Color - Maybe have townies/guildies/kindomies show like.. blue names?

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
I've seen a mention before of making townies/guildies/kindomies green similar to Party Color - Maybe have townies/guildies/kindomies show like.. blue names?
Name colors is an old idea that already has been refused as it crashes with the Karma system that is gonna be in.

TimForReal

AdminForReal
Rules Council
Architect
Herald
Event Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Name colors is an old idea that already has been refused as it crashes with the Karma system that is gonna be in.
Surely there's a color not being used by the Karma System!

TimForReal

AdminForReal
Rules Council
Architect
Herald
Event Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Surely, but it could easily be confused with the karma system.

Would 3 colors really confuse people? Red/Blue is karma right? So one more color really couldn't be that hard for people to understand.

Nashah

Max Legacy Supporter
Surely, but it could easily be confused with the karma system.
As if there arn't plenty of other things within the game that are way more confusing to new comers then learning what different colored names would mean.

hux0

Legacy Supporter 3
@Kainzo could create an easy system / plugin using the scoreboard system that could assign people a prefix based on what town they're registered with. These prefixes would be seen by all players on the field in a first person point of view and would serve the purpose addressed in the first question. BAM!
I think we have a winner here. :)

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
I think we have a winner here. :)
Only if you can set two scoreboard objectives to display belowName, because last I was on test I recall seeing players had health bars in that spot.

Zephael_

Legacy Supporter 3
Only if you can set two scoreboard objectives to display belowName, because last I was on test I recall seeing players had health bars in that spot.

How about a differently colored health bar for town/kingdom members?

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
How about a differently colored health bar for town/kingdom members?
IIRC it works like this:
TagAPI let's you change a player's nametag for each other player who sees it, however color codes count as two characters and there's a hard limit of 16. If the visible characters change (colors are fine) the skin breaks as well.
On the other hand, a belowName scoreboard objective has none of the downsides of the above, but the data has to be consistent. A health bar or maybe even a town indicator is doable, but if you want any "if"s in it like "Color X if your town", you just can't.