• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Town Structure - Fighting Pit

Yes, no, mabe so?

• Total voters
We built an arena in our war-time PvP town, but it doesn't really get used. Part of the issue we have currently is getting people out there to fight, and how to prevent folks from murdering each other before they get in the arena.
That being said, I think having a pit as a formal town structure is a great idea! It'd encourage PvP and allow town members who don't normally participate in fights to get their hands a little bloody.
It would be nice to get a ranking from your pit fighting too, like a title (General, etc.) in the town when people search /to who <player>.
Just some opinions and thoughts.
Where would you spawn when you died, graveyard still?
Do you still lose XP when you die in the pit?
Does the town still lose power when one of its members dies in the pit like regular PvP?

GoodGrief

Legacy Supporter 9
We built an arena in our war-time PvP town, but it doesn't really get used. Part of the issue we have currently is getting people out there to fight, and how to prevent folks from murdering each other before they get in the arena.
That being said, I think having a pit as a formal town structure is a great idea! It'd encourage PvP and allow town members who don't normally participate in fights to get their hands a little bloody.
It would be nice to get a ranking from your pit fighting too, like a title (General, etc.) in the town when people search /to who <player>.
Just some opinions and thoughts.
Where would you spawn when you died, graveyard still?
Do you still lose XP when you die in the pit?
Does the town still lose power when one of its members dies in the pit like regular PvP?
I think making it like a dual in Warcraft or Boarderlands would be prudent. Not an official death. More like a KO.
Or say screw it and keep it simple and it just activates PVP, and all its' consequences. You can put a Graveyard in town can't you?
As to power, if a towny kills one of his fellow townies, I believe the stat should be ignored.

I think making it like a dual in Warcraft or Boarderlands would be prudent. Not an official death. More like a KO.
Or say screw it and keep it simple and it just activates PVP, and all its' consequences. You can put a Graveyard in town can't you?
As to power, if a towny kills one of his fellow townies, I believe the stat should be ignored.
I like the idea of a KO, but yeah I think it could go either way. I think you get a graveyard at the 4th level of townships right now.

GoodGrief

Legacy Supporter 9
I like the idea of a KO, but yeah I think it could go either way. I think you get a graveyard at the 4th level of townships right now.
So 4th level, city i believe, would be the natural minimum to build a fighting pit. And perhaps upgrades would be possible. Pit to Arena, Arena to Colosseum, or something like that. Each grade would have new features. Pit would allow for PVP and betting(the structure would have it's own soul bank it guess). Arena would be ranking and prize fighting. Colosseum would allow in structure re-spawn and the power for town admins to grant titles.Maybe even the ability to spawn, none xp giving, hostile mobs within the structure. Like the Romans with lions, tigers, and bears. Oh my! Someone with good engineering skills could build an amazing Colosseum. In fact you might even make it a requirement, for upgrades past Pit.

Last edited:

cat_8898

Legacy Supporter 5
There is a PVP world and an Arena in trade district for a reason. Don't like the idea. Promotes PVE even further.

spiralz

Obsidian
This idea allows town members to practice fighting in their own setting and environment. I think it would encourage PvP to be honest. If town mates were able to just walk outside into The Pit and practice skirmishes, they would eventually gain skill and confidence in their abilities to want to take it to the Southern Continent.

To add to the main idea, what if, in this pit, the fight or PvP tag ends when the player reaches a low HP, such as maybe 10hp. This way there would be no official death but there would still be a winner and both parties can instantly heal up and go again. I know the arena is meant for such things, but to be able to do this within your own town and with your own specialized gear sets it apart from the arena.

This idea allows town members to practice fighting in their own setting and environment. I think it would encourage PvP to be honest. If town mates were able to just walk outside into The Pit and practice skirmishes, they would eventually gain skill and confidence in their abilities to want to take it to the Southern Continent.

To add to the main idea, what if, in this pit, the fight or PvP tag ends when the player reaches a low HP, such as maybe 10hp. This way there would be no official death but there would still be a winner and both parties can instantly heal up and go again. I know the arena is meant for such things, but to be able to do this within your own town and with your own specialized gear sets it apart from the arena.
I wasn't interested in PvP until my fellow townies encouraged me to train at the arena, so I agree with you. I'm not the only one like that either. It does help you to gain familiarity with your abilities, macros and just general PvP.
I also like the idea of upgrading, but at the same time it needs to be a pretty large area to begin with in order to give adequate space for good fights. So maybe it does the auto-upgrade, which would include the new unlocked features of Arena (and later, Colisseum) without having to expand the area.

I honestly think this is a creative idea and a way to draw more people into utilizing townships and PvP, so any comments on getting rid of PvE I'm gonna ignore. This thread seems to be more about a township idea, not the never-ending PvP v PvE discussion that kills so many forum posts.
That being said, what about armor and weapon damage? I'm pretty new to this stuff, but would it be balanced to have it take damage in the pit?

GoodGrief

Legacy Supporter 9
I honestly think this is a creative idea and a way to draw more people into utilizing townships and PvP, so any comments on getting rid of PvE I'm gonna ignore. This thread seems to be more about a township idea, not the never-ending PvP v PvE discussion that kills so many forum posts.
That being said, what about armor and weapon damage? I'm pretty new to this stuff, but would it be balanced to have it take damage in the pit?
Maybe provide a baseline armor. I believe this is already the case with the server facility. Or let the local smith make a little money doing repairs.

LovelyArmor

Legacy Supporter 4
You only think what i say is irrelevant, is because you know what im saying is true.
It's irrelevant because it has nothing to do with the topic. This discussion is not for PvPers to complain more about the lack of PvP but to find ways to to encourage people to try PvP.

TimForReal

AdminForReal
Rules Council
Architect
Herald
Event Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Stay on topic people, will start suspending forum access. Way too many posts had to be removed already.

GoodGrief

Legacy Supporter 9
So any who, I had a though on the kills verses KOs debate. Now I don't know if such a think is possible, but what if a town admin would choose at the climax of the fight. You know, like a thumbs up of thumbs down. The admin would at the point of KO have, I'm going to say, 15 seconds to give the chat command /to thumbs up or /to thumbs down. Up and it's a KO. Down and the victor completes a finishing move. No response and it defaults to KO. Another way would be to allow the Town Admin to preset the rule before the fight. This would allow them to experiment to see what work best for their town.

So any who, I had a though on the kills verses KOs debate. Now I don't know if such a think is possible, but what if a town admin would choose at the climax of the fight. You know, like a thumbs up of thumbs down. The admin would at the point of KO have, I'm going to say, 15 seconds to give the chat command /to thumbs up or /to thumbs down. Up and it's a KO. Down and the victor completes a finishing move. No response and it defaults to KO. Another way would be to allow the Town Admin to preset the rule before the fight. This would allow them to experiment to see what work best for their town.
Sorry bout that. The admin I think in the thumbs up/down vote case would have to see the health of both players since often times fights can be close. Maybe a command that would work within the arena for hp status on both teams?