• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Town Second In Command Permissions

Drynium

TNT
I have been a second in command in my town for quite a while and I'm beginning to realize the little amount of permissions that I receive. I believe the purpose of the second in command is to manage the town while the Mayor is away or busy. However, as SIC I can't:
- Purchase any addons for the town
- Use the set command (which includes taxes, spawn and graveyard spawn)
- Toggle any of the town settings
- Upgrade the town
- Promote/demote members.

I can understand that some commands the SIC wouldn't necessarily need, like the ability to upgrade the town or purchase addons, due to the rare times that you would use those commands. However many of the commands I have needed and am unable to use (e.g. toggling the graveyard when we'd prefer to respawn in spawn, or promoting a member.) I feel that if the mayor promotes a member to second in command, that mayor trusts that player enough to control certain aspects of the town.

I appreciate any feedback on this suggestion. Thank you.

Drynium

TNT
One more thing I didn't think of, and this doesn't have to do with SIC. But if Council members could use /pr i. Just to allow more members of the town to help with checking blocks.

Air_Restraint

Legacy Supporter 6
One more thing I didn't think of, and this doesn't have to do with SIC. But if Council members could use /pr i. Just to allow more members of the town to help with checking blocks.
I disagree there, I felt like that should of been a mayor only thing.

Drynium

TNT
That idea was suggested by my friend. I think /pr i, should stick with Mayors and SIC's. Mayors, for obvious reasons. SIC's for the point again that mayors can't do everything and can sometimes use some help.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
I have been a second in command in my town for quite a while and I'm beginning to realize the little amount of permissions that I receive. I believe the purpose of the second in command is to manage the town while the Mayor is away or busy. However, as SIC I can't:
- Purchase any addons for the town
- Use the set command (which includes taxes, spawn and graveyard spawn)
- Toggle any of the town settings
- Upgrade the town
- Promote/demote members.

I can understand that some commands the SIC wouldn't necessarily need, like the ability to upgrade the town or purchase addons, due to the rare times that you would use those commands. However many of the commands I have needed and am unable to use (e.g. toggling the graveyard when we'd prefer to respawn in spawn, or promoting a member.) I feel that if the mayor promotes a member to second in command, that mayor trusts that player enough to control certain aspects of the town.

I appreciate any feedback on this suggestion. Thank you.
For some reason all of the promotion permissions seem to have been commented out in the config. But I agree an SIC should be able to promote members to any position below SIC.

Here is a list of what SIC can currently do:
  • Purchase town addons
  • Withdraw from the town bank
  • Claim additional chunks for the town
  • Invite players
  • kick players
  • can create and modify all plots
  • basic world edit selection commands list //pos1/2 and //hpos
  • prism access
I'd also like to add that I think we should add permissions to filter prism results for easier log checking. I'm not talking area searching or anything like that just the ability to use a couple flags like actions, player, block etc to make it easier to look for specific events rather than searching through several hundred pages sometimes.

@Kainzo

you can fix this in the scripts repo, if you want, we dont want council wtih /pr i, personally.
TBH it won't make much of a difference, you can already set multiple players as SIC so prism access already isn't limited to two people per town.

Last edited:

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
For some reason all of the promotion permissions seem to have been commented out in the config. But I agree an SIC should be able to promote members to any position below SIC.

Here is a list of what SIC can currently do:
  • Purchase town addons
  • Withdraw from the town bank
  • Claim additional chunks for the town
  • Invite players
  • kick players
  • can create and modify all plots
  • basic world edit selection commands list //pos1/2 and //hpos
  • prism access
I'd also like to add that I think we should add permissions to filter prism results for easier log checking. I'm not talking area searching or anything like that just the ability to use a couple flags like actions, player, block etc to make it easier to look for specific events rather than searching through several hundred pages sometimes.

@Kainzo

TBH it won't make much of a difference, you can already set multiple players as SIC so prism access already isn't limited to two people per town.

Yeah to me council is just officer or third-in-command. I wish we could rename our ranks

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Yeah to me council is just officer or third-in-command. I wish we could rename our ranks
looking at the config it looks like you can change the names of ranks to anything you like just not at an individual town level.

Church_

Can we add new rank that allow different perms?
Such as-
  • Builder- Allowed to build while "/town toggle memberbuild/destroy false" is on these ranked townies are able to build/destroy in town. But don't have permissions to build on plots.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Such as-
  • Builder- Allowed to build while "/town toggle memberbuild/destroy false" is on these ranked townies are able to build/destroy in town. But don't have permissions to build on plots.
either that or more functionality to the plots to allow priority levels or child/parent functionality

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
Such as-

I'll see if I can get something like this working after war is fixed. University has kept me busy lately and nobody is helping me lol

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
I'll see if I can get something like this working after war is fixed. University has kept me busy lately and nobody is helping me lol
I mean if it's mostly just config files etc, I'd be happy to help out with that.

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
I mean if it's mostly just config files etc, I'd be happy to help out with that.

For what DrHeretic wants it should be all config files. The think I'm working on is in the Java files for war and such. Message me on Discord if you have any questions and ask Kainzo for access if you don't already have it. I have a branch in gitlab with my experimental changes the master branch is last touched by Kain when he took out war