• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Town member caps

I_Love_Miners

Legacy Supporter 5
I think a lot about how to increase player activity on herocraft, especially when it comes to pvp, and one that worries me about the server is that it is far too easy for one or two towns to take over and gradually have a large majority of active players wish to join their town because everyone else seems to be. While it's cool that some towns have a ton of members, in the long run this probably hurts the server more than it helps.
I think something needs to be done to encourage players to create more towns throughout the map which would have the benefit of creating a lot of action and rivalries. One way this could be achieved would be to have a cap on members of a town forcing the overflow to join other towns and perhaps use their influence to get others to play more and create a more balanced server rather than have 2 or 3 towns killing each other, and the few weaker non pvp towns which cause them to get frustrated and go inactive.

Also, maybe we could reduce the cost of starting/maintaining a town.

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
This reminds me alot of when each rank of town had a required minimum of active citizens (I think capitals were like 20 or 25). If I remember right, townships had minimum of 10, cities it was either 15 or 20, and capitals were either 20 or 25.

Of course this is the opposite of what your suggesting and I didn't like it that way anyway. I think your idea is cool. It should scale as you upgrade. A capital for example shouldn't have a limit because it's a huge region and alot of work to get, while hamlet and town are easy and should have hard limits that forces them to get off their ass, stop PVPing all day, and actually gather materials if they want to grow.

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
This reminds me alot of when each rank of town had a required minimum of active citizens (I think capitals were like 20 or 25). If I remember right, townships had minimum of 10, cities it was either 15 or 20, and capitals were either 20 or 25.

Of course this is the opposite of what your suggesting and I didn't like it that way anyway. I think your idea is cool. It should scale as you upgrade. A capital for example shouldn't have a limit because it's a huge region and alot of work to get, while hamlet and town are easy and should have hard limits that forces them to get off their ass, stop PVPing all day, and actually gather materials if they want to grow.
I like this improved version of the OP.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Honestly, we should require a special meta:id that is dropped only when you kill someone from an opposing town and only once per-person.

Once you collect enough of these trophies, you can upgrade your town.

Just kidding. That sounds insane.

Jack_Reacher

Legacy Supporter 7
Honestly, we should require a special meta:id that is dropped only when you kill someone from an opposing town and only once per-person.

Haha well it's a cool idea regardless of how practical it is :)

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8

I was about to write a strongly worded retort, but then read the "Just kidding" part. Kain, you troll. :rolleyes:

macura

Diamond

I SHALL BUILD A KINGDOM!!!!!!!!!!