• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Bug Town Income Issues

Belisarius1991

Legacy Supporter 3
Hello. I am a co-owner of the town Lothair. The primary owner, SoHighFive, has been out for a while due to irl stuff. While he is away, I have been managing the town. I have 5 soul shops set up, with 4 producing which should mean we have 1000s in trade income. We have 870 town tax. We have no tax set on our townies. So if I understand it basically right 1000 - 870 = 130s positive cashflow. However, it appears that our town is losing a few hundred souls per day. I have noticed it for several days now. Unfortunately I don't know an exact amount but it seems to be around 200s. I only became concerned about it after like the 4th day in a row of loss. At this point I realized something could be wrong. So I only have data for these past 2 days.

Today, however, something else occurred in addition to this problem. While our smithy, bazaar, and bakery consumed inputs, our codifex did not consume any soul books. So the last time taxes and income rolled around we seem to have lost around 400. For instance, on 5/27/15 at 11:28am cst, Lothair had 32556 in its bank. On 5/28/15 at 9:10 cst, Lothair had 32,171 in its account. A loss of 385s.

I realize that I am relatively new to all of this. I have tried my best to read up on everything in the wiki. I also know that houses provide little to no income any longer. I understand that. My point is that if I have 4 soul shops running, thats 1000s right? And if our taxes are only 870 our income should be increasing. Also, to the best of my knowledge, this is not due to other co-owners withdrawing. There have been some withdraws made, but those are not the losses I am talking about.

I appreciate any help on the matter. I hope I have been detailed enough. I have missed the actual ticks when taxes and income are taken. I have had work at those times =( Whatever help I can offer I will do my best to provide.

Thanks!
Belisarius1991

Belisarius1991

Legacy Supporter 3
Ok was just on shortly after the taxs and income went through..... Now I feel foolish because all four shops fired and our income went up to 32736 an increase of 265s. So now I am thoroughly confused. I am sure though about the above post. Unless some co-owners were getting on and withdrawing for random reasons.... But as far as I know this is not the case. Can this be checked?

Thanks again!
Belisarius1991

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
@Belisarius1991 in case this is relevant - town income/taxes have often berked after a major patch - even if it wasn't a Townships code patch. If these irregularities have occurred just in the last 36 hours, I suggest you watch how things go over the next 2 or 3 days. If income/taxes don't act as they should after that, then there is definitely a problem. However I think it is possible that Friday's patch somehow reset a timer or two that drive the Townships daily updates.

Belisarius1991

Legacy Supporter 3
Ok thank you very much for the response. I will continue to monitor the numbers and see how it goes. Hopefully it is just as you say. I'm sorry if I seem such a noob. I am quite new to running a town. I simply stepped up because I was needed.

Thanks
Belisarius1991

Belisarius1991

Legacy Supporter 3
Ok I checked in today and the town income has gone down by 370. Also, the codifex failed to fire again and no inputs were taken from the region, while the other 3 shops did fire. So that would help attribute some of the loss, but why 370? It seems more is going on than possible withdraws. So again, I'm just not sure what is going on. I'll keep a watch though and continue to record numbers.

Belisarius1991

Legacy Supporter 3
Town income went up by 70 today. I have built a few houses, which helps account for the increase.

Also, this is three straight days that the town's codifex has failed to fire. What can be done? I hate that it is just sitting there, recognized as a region of the town, supplied with the proper materials, and yet does nothing.

Should I possibly start a separate thread for the Codifex not working?

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
Town income went up by 70 today. I have built a few houses, which helps account for the increase.

Also, this is three straight days that the town's codifex has failed to fire. What can be done? I hate that it is just sitting there, recognized as a region of the town, supplied with the proper materials, and yet does nothing.

Should I possibly start a separate thread for the Codifex not working?
I'm now updating the wiki from the configs - got some done earlier in the week and got side-tracked - I'll get onto it again tomorrow and touch base with you with more definite figures, @Belisarius1991

I'd say stick with this thread for the codifex too at this stage. So am I right in thinking that it failed to fire then did then didn't again? Perhaps we could ask around ingame to see if anyone else is having problems with codifex regions. If not, is there something specific about how yours is being operated, I wonder.

Belisarius1991

Legacy Supporter 3
Awesome @WitchOnaRampage you are doing great work on the wiki. Such a helpful resource.

Let's see. The Codifex failed to fire, then it successfully fired, and now it hasn't fired for three straight days. Very strange and frustrating lol.

I'll see if I can find some towns that have a Codifex and see if they are having any troubles with theirs.

Belisarius1991

Legacy Supporter 3
After some careful watching and a little rework, things seem to be running smoothly now at this point. Occasionally a soul shop won't fire, not sure why, but for the most part they are all working now. For one, I rebuilt one of the soul shops with a space between it and another region. That seems to have worked.

I would like to thank @WitchOnaRampage for all the work she put into helping me. She put a lot of work into figuring things out and helping me and I greatly appreciate it.