• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Town corroding, plz help!

Warforged79

Soulsand
G'day peep's,
I just upgraded my town Deadpool from tribe to Hamlet but the wiki says upgrade is bugged so to do :
  1. Stand in the central structure region and use /to destroy. This will put the super-region inactive temporarily, until you remake the central structure and upgrade the town. Be sure not to leave it in this state, or the town will be removed.
  2. Stand in the central structure region and use /to create <centralstructure>
  3. Then use /to create <towntier> <townname>
i did the /to destroy and it wont let me create the town back so its got 23 hrs befor it corrodes! plz help me =(

Warforged79

devotedworker

Retired Staff
Max Legacy Supporter
G'day peep's,
I just upgraded my town Deadpool from tribe to Hamlet but the wiki says upgrade is bugged so to do :
  1. Stand in the central structure region and use /to destroy. This will put the super-region inactive temporarily, until you remake the central structure and upgrade the town. Be sure not to leave it in this state, or the town will be removed.
i did the /to destroy and it wont let me create the town back so its got 23 hrs befor it corrodes! plz help me =(

Warforged79
o_o This is in the Wiki!? I've never seen it before but ok.

You need to make the Central Structure Required for that Town Size, I'm assuming its like sitting chamber or something. Make that where you destroyed the original structure and it should be ok

Warforged79

Soulsand
o_o This is in the Wiki!? I've never seen it before but ok.

You need to make the Central Structure Required for that Town Size, I'm assuming its like sitting chamber or something. Make that where you destroyed the original structure and it should be ok
Nope, its trying to charge me the 2000s to rebuild the councilroom so im guessing another 2k for sittingchamber. Just spent 4k on em + 5 little rooms and a upgrade room so im all but broke...

skittles32009

Legacy Supporter 7
Nope, its trying to charge me the 2000s to rebuild the councilroom so im guessing another 2k for sittingchamber. Just spent 4k on em + 5 little rooms and a upgrade room so im all but broke...

you only need 1 in order to upgrade the actual town... so for a hamlet you need just a sittingchamber. the wiki directions are right on the nose with how to do it. you destroy the councilroom, and then build a sittingchamber right where it was. then you create a hamlet and your tribe gets upgraded.

TheManiac23

Legacy Supporter 9
If this is true its pretty sad he lost so much money and work because of wrong information/broken feature.
They should remove it from the wiki till the feature is working like it should.

jan9f

Legacy Supporter 3
I added this, but you took it out of context. Don't do that.

"Currently, if using /to rebuild is bugged for the central structure of your town, here's another way. To upgrade the central structure, you will need to do the following;

4. To check to make sure you have successfully rebuilt the super-region, use /to who <townname>"
Also, skittles is right. You don't need to rebuild the previous tier's central region. If you destroy the central region and /to create sittingchamber it will work correctly. You don't need to make the council room again, that's the whole point of this. While upgrading to the next tier, you now need that tier's central structure, not the previous tier's.

Warforged79

Soulsand
Doesn't matter the town died was a waste of 4600-ish souls and a few weeks but nothing that a good grind session wont fix

jan9f

Legacy Supporter 3
Doesn't matter the town died was a waste of 4600-ish souls and a few weeks but nothing that a good grind session wont fix
That method still works, but from what @WitchOnaRampage has told me, you were trying to create a council room again and then try to upgrade it. What you need to do (IF IT'S BUGGED) is /to destroy the council room, /to create sittingchamber, and then /to create <tier> <name>

TheManiac23

Legacy Supporter 9
That method still works, but from what @WitchOnaRampage has told me, you were trying to create a council room again and then try to upgrade it. What you need to do (IF IT'S BUGGED) is /to destroy the council room, /to create sittingchamber, and then /to create <tier> <name>

Have someone already tried that and can confirm it works?

Beau_Nearh

Portal
Right, I'm not quite sure on why people have decided to destroy their previous tier central region as there's no advantage of doing so. When upgrading, I have found that you have to meet the region requirements (housing, farms, power gen ect) as well as specific central regions. With the recent changes (not so recent but the most recent update to townships?) to these central regions (allows you to generate money from them by placing an dragon egg inside it's region chest). It would be a better option to keep all previous central regions because;

+Each central region can generate an income based on it's relevant tier SR (each tier central region would generate enough cash to reduce the overall SR daily tax by 30%)
+These regions can be 'stacked' in terms of money (all my central regions produce 255 souls in total daily I think)
+Gives you a fall back of sorts (your whole SR isn't dependant on a single central region)

After reading though many threads like this, it's only become apparent to me that most town owners may have made a few mistakes when upgrading their SR's. Thoughts?

@WitchOnaRampage

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
@Beau_Nearh I think you may have discovered an unintended opportunity, which is the ability to retain more than one functioning central hall in a super-region.

My understanding is that originally the intent was for the central halls to be upgraded insitu, but this kinda got broken when @Alator introduced the new halls for tier 2 and 3 towns and the upgrading function wasn't working.

I'm thinking the intent is that a town has only one functioning central hall that is appropriate to its tier, and that each town only gains the tax offset of having dragon eggs in that one town hall.

@Alator, your thoughts please?