• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Bug Town Claim

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
@Ampayne2

Currently when using /town claim townships seems to check whether the materials for small town are in your town bank but does not actually remove them from the bank. This probably needs fixing at some point :p

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Havent noticed this - did this happen on test today?
not on test but on live. I'll run it on test see what happens

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
We reported this early in the map and the admins removed the items manually I think. @RagingDragon5 was the one who pe'd it.
don't petition bugs. Coders can't see them, that's why we tell people to post here >.<

Yavool

Legacy Supporter 9
@Ampayne2

Currently when using /town claim townships seems to check whether the materials for small town are in your town bank but does not actually remove them from the bank. This probably needs fixing at some point :p

Does this mean that all hamlets that have been upgrading to towns, cities, and capitals have been reusing the same materials over and over again with each upgrade? It's no wonder we have a capital already within 3 weeks of release. :/

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
Providence worked with a spreadsheet that listed requirements from hamlet through to capital, and all those requirements were met.

I'm discomforted by the implication that we might not have met our full requirements. Our town members worked bloody hard and I won't see that effort maligned by baseless remarks.

I believe it was only some of the Hamlet requirements that weren't pulled out, and as has already been mentioned, our SiC took action to bring this to admin attention. The other required items were withdrawn with each upgrade. I haven't checked the bank balances in detail because, as I said, I knew everything was covered. However @Danda I will check if that's likely to help in figuring out the bug.

@Yavool When you say "all hamlets, towns, cities..." etc, in fact only two townships have upgraded past hamlet as of earlier today. There are approximately 30 townships. I wonder how many have reported that all the items weren't removed when they claimed their hamlet site.

Jonsoon

Legacy Supporter 8
don't petition bugs. Coders can't see them, that's why we tell people to post here >.<
We reported it the day after we got hamlet when we noticed the problem.
http://herocraftonline.com/main/threads/hamlet-not-taking-all-the-items-out-of-the-town-bank.53309/

Does this mean that all hamlets that have been upgrading to towns, cities, and capitals have been reusing the same materials over and over again with each upgrade? It's no wonder we have a capital already within 3 weeks of release. :/
We reported it and had the items removed the day after we received regions. Can't say anything for the other two upgraded towns.

We closely monitored our town bank after this situation to ensure all items were remov ed.

StorminNorman

Legacy Supporter 7
@Ampayne2

For the record, it was like that late in Haven as well. Noticed it when Demonswood upgraded from Hamlet. I just thought the materials needed to upgrade were cumulative totals, not additional.

Edit: Or is this just for claiming the region?

RagingDragon5

Portal
We got to capitol through our comunity all working hard together; Everything was monitered closely on our spreadsheet by our managers. @WitchOnaRampage was the one who found out that items weren't being removed and we bug reported it.

Dwarfers

Legacy Supporter 6
I noticed this as well and I wasn't sure if it was intended or not and when going to bug report I saw someone already reported it. My town became a hamlet recently so it's easy to tell what items didn't get removed. Whenever I get the chance to get on Herocraft today I will be able to make a list of which items didn't get removed because I don't want the whole town bank wiped since I recently deposited a large amount of certain items that I do not wish to lose.

It's like about 6 items I think that didn't get removed so the majority was wiped when I did /town claim

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter