• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Town Bank as a PVP Objective

agedbear

A frightening Cactus!
So currently we can not make withdrawals from the Town Bank. Everything that gets deposited is stuck there. My suggestion is to have a region in each town that is the town bank. it is filled with chest to hold all of the items donated via the /town bank deposit command. Since some of the items needed for each upgrade are limited in number and this would allow us to limit them even further and make some of the supplies move valuable to also help boost the economy a bit. Additionally I would also suggest making it so that these items are removed from the chests once used for an upgrade to further limit the resource availability.

DanielH101

Coal
So currently we can not make withdrawals from the Town Bank. Everything that gets deposited is stuck there. My suggestion is to have a region in each town that is the town bank. it is filled with chest to hold all of the items donated via the /town bank deposit command. Since some of the items needed for each upgrade are limited in number and this would allow us to limit them even further and make some of the supplies move valuable to also help boost the economy a bit. Additionally I would also suggest making it so that these items are removed from the chests once used for an upgrade to further limit the resource availability.
I like the whole idea about making it a pvp objective. However, I think this town bank shouldn't be accessible to the citizens of the town. If one town member decides to become a greedy, boom! the town is broke.

agedbear

A frightening Cactus!
I would agree and assign management of this town bank to either the mayor or the managers of the town or perhaps even create a treasurer to handle it with the notion that abuse of the town bank would result in disciplinary action up to and including a ban from the server

Dsawemd

Wiki Team
Legacy Supporter 8
Stronger towns will run weaker towns off the server, and the playerbase will suffer. Imagine if TC could have raided your town bank...

Ultanian

Portal
I'd rather have a different approach for the bank as a PVP objective....

Basically, the "Bank" can be either an ender chest or whatever rare block that is hard to obtain. Players who are not part of the town are able to break this one block; in doing so the attacker gains a percentage of the loot stored in the bank. The block respawns every few seconds or so, allowing the loot to be collected multiple times. Upon being broken, in town chat a message will pop up: "Warning: Raiders in Bank!" Here's a few notes on this:
  • If a raider's inventory is full, items will fall onto the ground.
  • If a raider is killed, any loot still in his inventory is dropped and can be redeposited.
IMO, the bank should be not be able to be destroyed if no members of that town are online, and I believe this method of raiding would fit well if the destructible, self-repairing terrain gets added in.

agedbear

A frightening Cactus!
Thank you @Jonsoon ! I did not know that a thread like this existed already! I like the idea very much. And as for /tb management I also agree whole heartedly. Given that this is an RPG server I would like to see more action from the respective towns to look like towns!