• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Town Appearance Rules Rework

Xargun

Legacy Supporter 9
This is what we usually did. Buildings up top with minimal, if any, storage/uses then a giant hole undergorund with chests, furnaces, farms, etc

The current rules don't really have much requirements, just that structures look integrated (And even then, many don't follow this) but those rules are very old and need updating. Also need clarification on what we should do with towns that break these rules, what feels like the right punishment. I personally don't think blanket deletion is a good idea, but who knows? @Rules Council @WitchOnaRampage @Admins

Punishments can start with fines. If they don't pay then it comes from their town bank... thus if they don't pay they lose regions.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
@LordZelkova @Dielan9999 I've already petitioned all 4 of the visible shades on the map 3 of them have been destroyed and the 4th is being given some time to sort things out before they've been destroyed. The dynmap updates a little weird sometimes if you look at some of them there are random chunks missing out of them where the map has partly updated

Symbolite

Legacy Supporter 7
@LordZelkova @Dielan9999 I've already petitioned all 4 of the visible shades on the map 3 of them have been destroyed and the 4th is being given some time to sort things out before they've been destroyed. The dynmap updates a little weird sometimes if you look at some of them there are random chunks missing out of them where the map has partly updated

World Edit really screws with the dynamic map I've noticed.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
World Edit really screws with the dynamic map I've noticed.
it probably needs some manual block edits to trigger it to rebuild the map sections.

Paul_Bakken

Obsidian
it probably needs some manual block edits to trigger it to rebuild the map sections.

The dynmap also hiccups on falling water and lava. There are still chunks of falling water on the dynmap from last week. All of the affected chunks had manual edits in them, too, so... I dunno.

Is there a way to force a "clean" update of the dynmap from time to time?

Paul_Bakken

Obsidian
This is what we usually did. Buildings up top with minimal, if any, storage/uses then a giant hole undergorund with chests, furnaces, farms, etc

The current rules don't really have much requirements, just that structures look integrated (And even then, many don't follow this) but those rules are very old and need updating. Also need clarification on what we should do with towns that break these rules, what feels like the right punishment. I personally don't think blanket deletion is a good idea, but who knows? @Rules Council @WitchOnaRampage @Admins

Offending towns and the immediate surrounding area should be afflicted by the Blight.