• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Tombstone / Bed Camping

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Currently - the law is:

1) Don't prevent access to someone's tombstone (Though you can kill them multiple times while they try and get to it)

2) You can camp someone's bed spawn (Though this can be changed when bed spawns are completely removed)

What are your thoughts on this? I want to hear from you.

Welkyr

Iron
not much you can do about either of those unless you intend to ban people for either. aren't tombstone chests lootable by others? that seems like a reasonable solution to that one. and if you remove bed spawns then the other issue is gone too. :)

applelove

Legacy Supporter 5
I'll just repost what I told you for the sake of discussion;

Camping a tombstone is fine, it's mean and pointless, but if the person wants their stuff bad enough, they'll rearm and go get it.
If your bed is being camped, the only option you have is to log off and hope the person is gone when they come back. In MC griefing is only consider smashing things, but destroying someone's hard work brings the same grief that preventing them from playing does.

Now, hiding out around the building where the spawn is, and THEN killing them, that's fine. When they spawn they should already be locking down their home or getting ready to fight. Respawning and getting cut apart doesn't leave many options.
The person should be smart enough not to place their beds where they might be killed, but the way I see it preventing another player from enjoying or even playing the server should never be allowed.

Doreagarde

Legacy Supporter 5
Welkyr said:
not much you can do about either of those unless you intend to ban people for either. aren't tombstone chests lootable by others? that seems like a reasonable solution to that one. and if you remove bed spawns then the other issue is gone too. :)

When Kain says not to do a thing, and then you do it, that's a ban ;)

carmeops

Legacy Supporter 5
camping a tombstone is fine, camping a bed is.. totally unfair, the dead can't do a thing and will lost all his money by dying, i'm against bed camping

Cybersword

Legacy Supporter 5
I am against bed camping as well. It's cheap, dick-ish, and shouldn't be happening.

Draskuul

Legacy Supporter 5
Some towns have, or are working on, elaborate security to prevent intruders. Should someone get inside (I would assume piggybacking behind a valid entry or through trickery rather than a physical vulnerability), then is killed via lava or lighter, are we required to allow them entry for the tombstone, or must they again find their own way back inside?

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
DRaskuul that's a grey area - if they died in your area ... and you are fortified (Ie you didnt make the wall just so they couldnt get to THEIR items) its fine.

Also bed spawn camping is not allowed any longer.

Griefing Article 1 - Citation 6.
Any action to another without gain except to harass another user.

Doreagarde

Legacy Supporter 5
Kainzo said:
Griefing Article 1 - Citation 6.
Any action to another without gain except to harass another user.

How can you manage to quote the Herocraft Charter before it's been written? Do you have a time machine?!?!

Capn_Danger

Legacy Supporter 5
Good to hear bed camping is against the rules now. Tombstone camping seems like a good thing, the recently murdered has a chance to rearm and attack.

GreekCrackShot

Legacy Supporter 7
I had a problem i encountered the other day with bed spawn camping. We were in chriton and me and some other group members were holding this area down outside of the rings in a pvp zone, one guy, Randomman159, had his bed under that house, and when we killed him, he come up and start hitting us. This should give us the right to kill him, right? he disregarded his money and tried to drive us out, which i respect, but in this case, i think it should be allowed to kill someone who just spawned if provoked

carmeops

Legacy Supporter 5
well, if he directly attacked you right after spawning, it's not spawn killing for you, it's just self defense

if he don't get the chance to save himself and leave after a spawn, and choose to fight, it's his problem