• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Bug tnt ruined farm and chest

nicole1551

Retired Staff
my chest are bugged where they are sticking into a wall on resident floors and akumaslayers66 floor in my town, also the tnt has made the water flow all over my farm ruining crops. im not sure how to fix chest but i can fix the water.

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
It does seem these are two bugs with block regeneration.

It seems when the blocks regenerated, flowing water blocks became water source blocks such that the floor closed over but the level below still has waterfalls streaming from the ceiling.

Double chests aren't regenerating necessarily in their original position - they can be offset.

With the chest, @nicole1551 if you can't break the blocks to deal with the glitched chest, petition for staff to remove it. However I'm not sure about the contents.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
It does seem these are two bugs with block regeneration.

It seems when the blocks regenerated, flowing water blocks became water source blocks such that the floor closed over but the level below still has waterfalls streaming from the ceiling.

Double chests aren't regenerating necessarily in their original position - they can be offset.

With the chest, @nicole1551 if you can't break the blocks to deal with the glitched chest, petition for staff to remove it. However I'm not sure about the contents.
Perhaps we can use the blacklist function here? Want to investigate some for me witch? (CreeperHeal) is the plugin.
Code:
prevent-fire-spread:
  fire: false
  lava: false
warn:
  TNT: false
  PvP: false
  spawn-eggs: false
  blacklist: false
  flint-and-steel: false
block:
  TNT: false
  spawn-eggs: false
  PvP: false
  flint-and-steel: false
  blacklist: false
blacklist: '0'

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
@Kainzo

CreeperHeal says: To protect all chests from exploding, add the chest id (54) to the worlds' protected list of blocks.
  • This would stop all chests exploding, but blocks on top of them would be removed.
  • It will make accessing chests during raiding easier while reducing the issues with them glitching when regenerating.
  • Because it would be easier to get to chests, perhaps the obsidian-exploding aspect could be removed, or the chance of it happening be decreased considerably? (Did you say it's at 20%?)
Not sure what to do about the water. Nicole's floors were two layers of dirt. From what I saw, the upper layer regenerated ok. However the lower layer didn't where the water had been pouring through. Flowing water caused by the TNT damage became water sources blocks in the lower layer of dirt when the upper layer regenerated. @nicole1551 am I describing this correctly?

Thanks @devotedworker for this research.

nicole1551

Retired Staff
yeah i have three layers of farming in my town, the last layer is ruined from water, when the tnt exploded the water went everywhere im leaving it like it is, so anyone who needs to see can.. ill fix it when we get this figured out. my floors are one layer of dirt i think i don't spend much time down there (hate farming)... i got my chest fixed, they were rotated is what it looked like but when i went to click on them they weren't at that spot, they chest were in there original spot but it was like they were invisible there.. it was weird but i fixed that part by breaking them and replacing them.