• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion TNT and the PR

TearoGen

TNT
Honestly I think that the use of TNT on HC for a set amount of time is Amazing but Personal Regions need the power to serve a purpose. If personal regions could gain the power to not be affected by the blast of TNT from anywhere that would allow them to return to normal use agian.

RagingDragon5

Portal
Honestly I think that the use of TNT on HC for a set amount of time is Amazing but Personal Regions need the power to serve a purpose. If personal regions could gain the power to not be affected by the blast of TNT from anywhere that would allow them to return to normal use agian.

This was created to give people a chance to raid. I see it perfectly fine being able to destroy PRs. People use a PR as an inexpensive way to protect chests, which lwcs are here for. I know lwc are expensive, but that is kind of the point.

I believe tnt can't blow up stuff in PVE. So moving your stuff there may be an option.

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
There used to be a way to turn off explosions on your residence.

Try /res ?
Look for something along the lines of /res flag [ResName] explosion false

TearoGen

TNT
I enjoy the power to live in my PR and dirt my chest yes it shorts lwcs but you'll never get that money back.

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
I enjoy the power to live in my PR and dirt my chest yes it shorts lwcs but you'll never get that money back.

You can make a 3 layer wall in your PR with water in the middle and it will not allow explosions through protecting the inner wall.

Wood -> Water -> Wood. Make sure there is water on the inner roof and under the floor and you should be safe-er.

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
There is always this rule to have explained: Disallowed - Creation of walls of water/lava.

I have seen hundreds and hundreds of examples of houses, townships and landscape that make use of water/lava flowing from/through/on walls that could be considered "Creation of walls of water/lava." and none of them have ever been a problem, or handled in any negative way. So my current understand of this rule is to say huge constructs of walls, solely made from water/lava.

[USERGROUP=47][USERGROUP=47]@Rules Council[/USERGROUP][/USERGROUP] would be good to clarify this, as it's now going to be a much more prominent happening. As I have said above, this has been happening for years and has not been addressed negatively, but I am sure it will be brought up and should be better explained.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
There is always this rule to have explained: Disallowed - Creation of walls of water/lava.

I have seen hundreds and hundreds of examples of houses, townships and landscape that make use of water/lava flowing from/through/on walls that could be considered "Creation of walls of water/lava." and none of them have ever been a problem, or handled in any negative way. So my current understand of this rule is to say huge constructs of walls, solely made from water/lava.

[USERGROUP=47][USERGROUP=47][USERGROUP=47][USERGROUP=47][USERGROUP=47][USERGROUP=47][USERGROUP=47]@Rules Council[/USERGROUP][/USERGROUP][/USERGROUP][/USERGROUP][/USERGROUP][/USERGROUP][/USERGROUP] would be good to clarify this, as it's now going to be a much more prominent happening. As I have said above, this has been happening for years and has not been addressed negatively, but I am sure it will be brought up and should be better explained.
The rule is there to prevent people from making walls entirely of water or lava. People can still use water and lava within their walls.

Psychokhaos

Legacy Supporter 3
As Kenn said; we just don't want big ugly water/lava walls. Implementation of water and lava is perfectly fine and dandy!

EDIT: As far as the actual suggestion, that would be limiting the point of activating the TNT for siege. There are ways to protect your belongings, whether it's use of some water or the foolproof/recommended LWCs.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8

[USERGROUP=47][USERGROUP=47][USERGROUP=47]@Rules Council[/USERGROUP][/USERGROUP][/USERGROUP] would be good to clarify this, as it's now going to be a much more prominent happening. As I have said above, this has been happening for years and has not been addressed negatively, but I am sure it will be brought up and should be better explained.
The rule is more for lag reasons as large walls of flowing lava/water can create large amounts of lag.

(This is what an Admin, I believe @Xanipher, told me last map when we had to remove ours)

Mistyckle

Legacy Supporter 4
Huge areas of water and lava do create lag
I'd fear what circuitry with tnt (blasting since it can cause some too as well as redstone) would do D:
...but then I'm very anti-lag lol

As for submerging rooms (or placing some in the center) of a PR for tnt guarding, no idea~ guessing it's ok since it's not like a huge chunk walled off in water.

But if it's not outside the rules, then it's not. I never did really get a clear answer on it in Rules Council.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
I've a recollection of being told this too, perhaps in my case it was by @Danda .
Actually, Danda said it was because solid water and lava walls look hideous when we discussed this particular rule.

I mean, if it was because of lag why would we allow water and lava as decoration or within walls like we are doing?

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
Actually, Danda said it was because solid water and lava walls look hideous when we discussed this particular rule.

I mean, if it was because of lag why would we allow water and lava as decoration or within walls like we are doing?
Hmmm,I remember distinctively that we had to remove ours for lag reasons.

I should note, ours were not solid walls, they had lava falls in them, but it wasn't just a solid wall of lava. And we still had to take it down.