• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Tips for making mining less boring?

Title says it all, any tips, im always so bored when I mine and leave quickly, Ive been playing for 2 weeks and am only level 32 -.- MINING TIPS PLOX!

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
Here's what we do in SK:

Goto about level 13-14, make a big room; that's your starting point/base.

Then make a tone of doors on the wall. Then pick a door to start on.

Mine a 3x3xlong tunnel. Here's what you do. When you find an ore vein(which due to xray countermeasures requires you to tap on the walls of your shiny new tunnel once, don't need to break anything) DON'T MINE that ore vein. Instead, mine around it about 3 in each direction. Tap around looking for more ores, odds are you will find another vein, go 4 blocks in all directions if need be. Then repeat this process. This way you're just mining ore, not all stone all the time.

Then when you get diamonds and gold jump for joy!

look_out

Legacy Supporter 3
hahah ^

mining in a group helps a lot makes it funner some how, and be in ts and talk to people that distracts you till you hit a ore or something

richfish57

Legacy Supporter 6
Here's what we do in SK:
which due to xray countermeasures requires you to tap on the walls of your shiny new tunnel once, don't need to break anything

Ok I'd just like some clarification on this. Do you need to tap the walls? I find that if I dig a tunnel, and I'm lighting it as I go the ore will appear. Does tapping reveal more? Am I actually missing out on lots of ore or is this just needed for other reasons?

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
Ok I'd just like some clarification on this. Do you need to tap the walls? I find that if I dig a tunnel, and I'm lighting it as I go the ore will appear. Does tapping reveal more? Am I actually missing out on lots of ore or is this just needed for other reasons?

In a perfect world, only lighting your tunnel is enough. It just doesn't always work perfectly like that.

Nuevex

TNT
Mining doesn't really require much 'higher brain function' and is easy to put on the multi task list. Do something you would do otherwise, I would 'write' all my reports while mining - by write I mean using an audio to text application. I'd also listen to music and read up on textbooks. Work while you 'work.'

Diavolo1988

Legacy Supporter 6
My tip is not mining at all. Just make a pine treefarm with bottom floor on level 12 or something. You will be digging a lot more stone than you really need, but then again, you get a nice pine underground treefarm. :) (I reccomend being a crafter so you can use diamond picks though)