• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Tier 3 classses

Should we have tier 3 classes

• Total voters

EpicSquidx

Wood
Ive been playing for hero craft for a bit now and ive noticed theres a small amount a variety in the diffrent classes. I think you should add tier 3 but not for skills but for upgraded skills. When i say this i mean each class you are will get a revamp of their skills and maybe new passive effects. Like ninja... ninjas tier 3 would be able to passivly double jump and walking will be same as sprinting...
now that you get the idea i already came up with all the tier 3 name. Also it would be also your chosen path

Paladin--Holy Knight
Dreadknight-- Dark Knight
Dragoon--Impaler(I know its bad)
Samurai--Sensai(This one sucks to)
Ninja--Assassin
Ranger--Marksman
Runeblade--Elementilist
Bard--N/A

This is all i have for now but ill update later
p.s the names dont matter much right now the way we do this is what matters

Ive been playing for hero craft for a bit now and ive noticed theres a small amount a variety in the diffrent classes. I think you should add tier 3 but not for skills but for upgraded skills. When i say this i mean each class you are will get a revamp of their skills and maybe new passive effects. Like ninja... ninjas tier 3 would be able to passivly double jump and walking will be same as sprinting...
now that you get the idea i already came up with all the tier 3 name. Also it would be also your chosen path

Paladin--Holy Knight
Dreadknight-- Dark Knight
Dragoon--Impaler(I know its bad)
Samurai--Sensai(This one sucks to)
Ninja--Assassin
Ranger--Marksman
Runeblade--Elementilist
Bard--N/A

This is all i have for now but ill update later
p.s the names dont matter much right now the way we do this is what matters
I don't know if this is such a good idea. Eventually, having too much power takes the fun out of HC. Tier 2 upgrades are already ridiculous, but each class has a drawback. If you eliminate these drawbacks by making another tier, this pretty much makes the player an unstoppable juggernaut. Also, in the beginning, you were complaining about variety. Although I agree that Rogues and Warriors have little variety in their early levels, their specs branch off from each other. Also, warriors can't use bows. Casters and Healers are quite unique as well. I guess what I'm trying to say is that the classes are doing quite well as they are. Just think about the level 10 healers going up against a level 20 Holy Knight or whatever. It wouldn't be too fair of a fight.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
At this time, I feel that the 16 specializations have a good thing going for them.

We could cluster all of the classes back into an ultimate / legendary class - but the balance behind that is very painful.

savathaflava

ICE ICE ICE!
If people feel the need to continue leveling after they master, maybe some kind of prestige level system could be implemented. It could give you non-combat bonuses, like titles or something.

arcanegrove

Obsidian
I like the idea of prestige, it would give people whjo don't do any thing but lvl something to achieve

Roadkill909

ICE ICE ICE!
I actually had an idea a while ago for tier 3. This is such a big change it'd have to wait until HC5.0+. It also might be a pain for the devs. Haven't had time to flush it out fully into a suggestion so I'll post the gist of it here.

• Make the master level for current specs (tier 2) at 30 or 40
  • Make two tier 3 classes for each spec. They would master at 20 or 30. The Exp curve may also need to be adjusted.
  • Tier 2 would have half as many skills as they used to (around 4 to 5). The remaining skills would be distributed among the tier 3s. The tier 3s would also get some new ones.
  • The health and damage distributions would only vary slightly. So a mastered tier 3 would have nearly the same health and damage and armor as a mastered level 60 tier 2 does now, unless that tier 3 focuses on health or damage.
  • Also the tier 3s would have a specific focus. These are examples (not suggestions):
1 Warrior
2 Dragoon
3 Skirmisher (More Damaging skills)
3 Vanguard (More Mobile)

1 Healer
2 Cleric
3 Saint (Focus on Group Healing)
3 Monk (More Utility and Health)

1 Rogue
2 Ranger
3 Marksman (More bow damage and arrow abilities)
3 Hunter (More utility and survival skills)

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
I think what we all like about this idea is

1) to be an unstoppable juggernaut and kill everything that is not max level. Not addressing this, balance team is good.
2) More grinding on the classes that we love already. Free slime xp and lowered base path mastering makes leveling too fast already, I would rather see a change there (remove AfkEvent slime experience, but not nugget/slimeball drop chances, or lower slime experience in general since everyone knows thats the fastest way to 60).

3) Variation. This is the one I want to talk about.
For example:
# Imagine if, when you go up against a Ranger, you do not know if he has extra arrow damage, or the ability to use Camouflage standing on a larger variety of blocks than normal (ie wooden blocks, or smooth stone).
# Imagine if going up against a paladin, you do not know if he can set you on fire with his sword, or heal himself for more than otherwise possible.
# Imagine if going up against a wizard, he either has an increased Bolt range, or 1 piece of chainmail.
Edit: one possible theme (see the Imagine Wizard^ for an example) would be to find each class's strengths and weaknesses, and let us choose to either increase a strength or mitigate a weakness of our respective class.

Right now, we all know what to expect once we learn which class the other person is. It would be EXTREMELY cool if that was not the case, and if we had the ability to choose a slight Variation at level 60, and to try the other variation for a coin fee.

I know its a balance headache.

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
Remastered Tier 2 Supporter
I'm always up for personalization, but 32 combat classes seems a little excessive, heh. Dsawemd 's idea might work if instead of a t3 class, you can just pick one of two buffs for your class, but then the mastered - not mastered difference is even larger (unless selecting a t3 'type' has a buff to one thing and also a debuff to something else to help balance it out).

A while ago the idea of a legendary for each path was considered. man, they would have been crazy strong id they were actually released.

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
What about at level 30? Balance would still be based around mastered classes, so this could prevent over powered mastered classes but would add to the balancing headache.

Roadkill909

ICE ICE ICE!
I'm always up for personalization, but 32 combat classes seems a little excessive, heh. Dsawemd 's idea might work if instead of a t3 class, you can just pick one of two buffs for your class, but then the mastered - not mastered difference is even larger (unless selecting a t3 'type' has a buff to one thing and also a debuff to something else to help balance it out).

Keep in mind you have to design an entire unlock system. Do we give skill points that you can spend or are you just given two options? Do you have to choose immediately or can choose later? Are they taken away when you de-level? Can you change your mind later or do you have to /hero reset? Is a buff just skills or can you choose HP, damage, or mana related? This also has to fit into a very large complex plugin, then be tested thoroughly.

The huge problem here is persistent user data, which is always one of the biggest problems in development. User data cannot be changed easily. Any change means at the least a slight inconvenience for a percentage of the community. Imagine for example if we modified the skill recall which caused a loss of all recall points, every single user would be affected. Now imagine we can no longer maintain, must replace a chosen buff, or add a new one. Every single person who choose that buff is affected. Do we offer an alternative? Do we reoffer the choice? It's a headache and it could be very constraining for our team of volunteer developers.

Skills are much easier to code and making new classes does not even require java knowledge. Skills can be added, removed, or modified much easier and at any time. These classes aren't entirely new either. They're based off levels 31-60 of the current specs but tweaked with a focus. I'd love a choice based system, it has the potential to offer more variety. But you can see why even 32 static classes even with a couple skills is much more attractive to a developer than the pandora's box of a choice system.