• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Thy Horses

rahul4prez

Legacy Supporter 4
With Horses rapidly approaching Herocraft after the Minecraft 1.6 Update I have some Suggestions about them. First of all I think farmers should be able to summon them, since all farmers can summon all of the passive mobs. Although farmers do make a lot of money with their leather business their money could increase with horses such as the fast ones for raiders. HC should make it so everyone can ride horses not just farmers or no one at all after all they're just like a speed boost on earth like boats on water....
article_post_width_Minecraft_1-6_horse_update.jpg

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
Equine Equality is a must. All access or no-access, and I think it should be all.

Can't have some people derping around on mounts while others hoof it on foot, or everyone will just go farmer.

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
It's simple! Horses will replace the useless summon bat for farmers lvl 60 skill. This will give farmers a way to make money besides leather. Everyone should be able to ride horses at some point (whether it's a skill you have to lvl to get or just inherent at lvl 1.)

Dreamcycler

Legacy Supporter 5
Maybe a certain level like WoW. You start with a slow mount and higher levels get a faster one?

awsumguy75321

Obsidian
I agree with having horses being summoned by farmers and ridden by all. The only problem there could be with summoning is that you'd have to meet with whoever you want to sell to/buy from, and I don't think a GTP to spawn would work while holding horses.
Equine Equality is a must. All access or no-access, and I think it should be all.

Can't have some people derping around on mounts while others hoof it on foot, or everyone will just go farmer.
Yes, give horses to everyone!

It's simple! Horses will replace the useless summon bat for farmers lvl 60 skill. This will give farmers a way to make money besides leather. Everyone should be able to ride horses at some point (whether it's a skill you have to lvl to get or just inherent at lvl 1.)
Summonbat should stay, just to keep farmers summoning all passive mobs that aren't found very easily in Herocraft (except wolves, I think they should be summonable, but that's for another thread).

Maybe smith and/or alchemist can get forge horse armor and saddles as they will be in high demand after this.
Maybe have horse armor take 9 or the material, and saddles take 4 leather to make?

Maybe a certain level like WoW. You start with a slow mount and higher levels get a faster one?
No, I think you should be able to ride any horse at any level. Some horses are already faster, have more health, etc. than others, and if a farmer only breeds those, lower levels would have no chance at riding a horse until 65.