• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

ThunderDoooooooome

If an event's arena were constructed, would you be interested?

• Total voters

RedKhan

Soulsand
I'm considering putting together an arena area for when personal regions are up and running (I'm sure it won't be the only one).

It would play host to 1v1 fights, team deathmatch, capture the flag, death race and whatever else can be cooked up, I have some ideas for audience participation too ;)

So assuming it was built and fully functional, secure etc. (No worries about the fighters murdering the crowd) Would you be interested? If not, what WOULD make you interested?

For the polls purposes, let's say the entry fee was 1-5c and prizes would vary depending on the crowd drawn. I don't intend to make a profit from it, so I wouldn't be taking a cut of what is brought in.

EDIT: If it proved popular enough I'd probably want to take on a couple of other people to help run the events. Maybe commentary (Although that could be seen as spam depending on the channel)

gabizou

Sage of World Making
Architect
Legacy Supporter 7
This was done last map for server wide pvp events. Maybe we could get Kainzo to allow the construction for some architects and start stimulating the economy for certain items.

Sounds fun (or we could just copy over the old one from last map)

RedKhan

Soulsand
I like the idea of these kinds of things being player built and run (With a game like MC it seems like a no-brainer to let players create their own world as opposed to admins taking the reigns), but I don't see any reason why both couldn't work.

I'm really looking forward to personal regions so that people can capitalise on other cool ideas that bring the server together (for better or worse :p).

RedKhan

Soulsand
I do remember ages ago people discussing it in O chat, but I think they gave up after they got griefed/harassed alot.

If it's still a WIP then that's cool too, I like the idea of more than one, multiple arena's on the map means they are easier to get to. Plus it means the frequency of events would be higher.

Kainzo, are you talking about the port, or copy pasting something from the old server when you say that?

gabizou

Sage of World Making
Architect
Legacy Supporter 7
I'm thinking it might become a Kainzo financed project like last map (no items spawned and a near unlimited budget for all mats). correct me if i'm wrong but maybe @Doreagarde might want to join in on this?

Doreagarde

Legacy Supporter 5
Working on the last arena was a lot of fun, and gave me something to do! I'm thinking of starting a different, private project, but if you find you need a staff liaison I'd be happy to help in any way I can. I think you might be able to fill that role though, @gabizou .

gabizou

Sage of World Making
Architect
Legacy Supporter 7
Hey if you have a project you want done and need an architect to help you work on it, give me a ring @Doreagarde but the staff help would be appreciated, of course, I don't know who the project leader is this time around.

gabizou

Sage of World Making
Architect
Legacy Supporter 7
Also mind you, it took us a month to finish the arena last map. So many diamonds to buy X_X

But hey, I got my diamond dragon head so i'm happy :)

RedKhan

Soulsand
Well what I was planning would be a far more modest affair, but I'd like to see what others came up with.

Icallhacks

Stone
If this is still going to happen, I will work as a bodyguard (though I am low level, one is better than none)

RedKhan

Soulsand
Still planning on setting this up, but it won't be up until personal regions are sorted. Thanks for the offer of assistance though Icallhacks.

Steamed

Legacy Supporter 3
Wasn't someone else all ready building arena's like these ideas

Domitius and I (and others, I cant remember) started building an olympic stadium we were going to use for jousting, spleef and many other events. But after we built two of the events we got greifed and harassed by pvpers constantly and the project ended up grinding to a halt.