• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Thoughts of a returning player.

This server still has great bones, but some of the changes from when I last played are kinda questionable to me. Feel free to let me know if I'm wrong on any of my points, i came back and played for like 4 days but there is no point since this isn't the herocraft I loved. (no idea what happened to my old forum account, it looks to have been deleted... oh well)

Open world PVP:

Why is this off? This, combined with your awesome class system is what made this one of the best servers out there in my opinion. Of course there is an issue of high levels hunting down the low levels, but disabling PVP everywhere is a huge change that affects everyone, not just the high levels that hunt low levels. Honestly... It's more fun being in danger as a low level than it is being 100% safe like you are now. If you want pvp you have to go looking for it in specific areas, you will never find pvp when you aren't looking for it.

The only place that I can see pvp :enabled is: Inside dungeons, and the ruins world (ruins is called something else now, but i dont remember).
Are there any other places to fight besides ganking someone in a dungeon, or going to the ruins where there's nothing to do?

Is town v town pvp still a thing? Two towns rallying their online members and fighting outside of one of their towns? Those were awesome times, but It doesn't look to be possible anymore since pvp is off for 95% of the world. I see a message once in a while that says some people have taken over some castle... Is that a pvp area meant for town team pvp? If so, why are you pushing PVP into smaller and smaller areas? PVP and PVE used to happen EVERYWHERE in the map. Now PVP is only in specific areas, and monsters don't really spawn at night, so you have to go to the dungeons potentially thousands of blocks away in order to fight stuff.

All these custom weapons and armor, and the PVP is so severely restricted that unless you stray into certain areas, it is just a PVE server.

Personal Regions:

Personal regions have been removed. Join a town or suffer not being able to protect more than you can fit in your LWC.

This, combined with the areas you can build in being PVE means that you can't even fight someone if they come by to take your stuff. You get to watch as the person looks through all your chests and takes what they want that isn't behind an LWC.

Basically join a town, use a noble plot (are those still a thing?), or get screwed when somebody finds your house.. because you can't protect it. This puts a massive dent into solo players experience.

You shouldn't HAVE to join a town. It should be something you choose to do. Of course joining a town gives you benefits, but it should be a choice to join, and not a forced one; where if you don't join then you don't get any building protection. Towns get areas several orders of magnitude larger than personal regions, so it's not like personal regions are unfair and take up too much of the world.

---
There are other things that irk me, but none of them are as much of a turn-off as those two above.

Mobs need to spawn in the overworld at night. When I played last, travelling at night was a risk since there WOULD be monsters spawning near you and attacking you. On this new map, there aren't very many monsters at night... It's not too different from day time besides light level.

Stamina is new, not sure if I like it... Haven't really been pushed to use much resources because its pve.

Anyway, I'd really like to play with all of you, but not in the state the server is in now. Even if they dont put personal regions back in, if they turned pvp back on then I might come back and play, but without it there really isn't a point. I can't see any of the fun hilarious shenanigans that we pulled off happening again because of the blanket of no pvp on the map.

Please again, let me know if I am wrong about anything here, I played for a couple hours a day for a couple days, so I'm by no means a veteran on this iteration of herocraft. I just loved the version I played very much. (I think the map was named Haven at that time)

Church_

https://herocraftonline.com/main/threads/brainstorming-ideas-pvp-warshards.60794/#post-481288 @Slayitquick

Stamina isn't really new. Its always been there just filtered differently so this time your noticing it more than before. Before there was alot more swings but after a while you ran out of stamina. AND YES Im going as far back as Bastion. Its always been there.
Now its more real rpg based stamina. If you miss your mob you lose more stamina. You have to be aiming at it and hit your target to drain less stamina. Instead of it being based on you swinging a bunch than waiting. its the rate you hit/miss. So spam clicking is also not the way to go unless you have good aiming.

The world was already pvp and its not the range of the way we want the server to fully be. Yes pvp alive but this had to be taken to a different view due to how herocraft is now being handled world wise. The server no longer resets. We grow in worlds. Read my post to the forum on pvp topics. If you have other things to add, love to here it. But the World of Atlas itself will remain pve, Its the Muti-verse now buddy, we just make new worlds.

Jrr_

Architect
Balance Team
Adventure Team
Legacy Supporter 3
https://herocraftonline.com/main/threads/brainstorming-ideas-pvp-warshards.60794/#post-481288 @Slayitquick

Stamina isn't really new. Its always been there just filtered differently so this time your noticing it more than before. Before there was alot more swings but after a while you ran out of stamina. AND YES Im going as far back as Bastion. Its always been there.
Now its more real rpg based stamina. If you miss your mob you lose more stamina. You have to be aiming at it and hit your target to drain less stamina. Instead of it being based on you swinging a bunch than waiting. its the rate you hit/miss. So spam clicking is also not the way to go unless you have good aiming.

The world was already pvp and its not the range of the way we want the server to fully be. Yes pvp alive but this had to be taken to a different view due to how herocraft is now being handled world wise. The server no longer resets. We grow in worlds. Read my post to the forum on pvp topics. If you have other things to add, love to here it. But the World of Atlas itself will remain pve, Its the Muti-verse now buddy, we just make new worlds.
What are you talking about? Stamina on bastion isn't even comparable? Only skills used to drain stamina, and only an idiot drained their stamina till they couldn't run. So different.

radicater11

Legacy Supporter 3
What are you talking about? Stamina on bastion isn't even comparable? Only skills used to drain stamina, and only an idiot drained their stamina till they couldn't run. So different.
Yeah being able to drain your stamina in less than 10 left clicks, even if they connect, is so unlike what combat was before. I don't know what DrHeretic remembers, but this new stamina system was implemented in the beta before the current map.