• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Those First Few Moments

Haxnn

Legacy Supporter 3
I was wondering if people would like to share what are probably the most memorable and exciting moments in Herocraft, the first few. I want to know how everyone's experience began and what went through everyone's head when they logged in for the first time.

Mine was back in Sanctum. I already had a few friends who were on the server and they asked me to join their town. I remember trying to figure out what this "F3" thing was and how it could get me to 2000 2000 (or where ever the town was) and being told to follow a large railway that went on for thousands of blocks. I think I spent around half an hour just getting to the city. It turns out, however, that the city was in the sky, and falling off the edge of it would end in my demise and force me to walk for another half hour. The next time I logged on, I was on a map called Zeal.

So how did your Herocraft experience begin, and how did you spent the first few hours on the server?

I was introduced by a friend today. After farming mobs up to around level 7 we met a creeper. We had a tactic developed that meant only one of us was in melee range. This time it was me. I was sprint hitting him to make sure I don't die in one hit. Just before I hit it my friend did with a bow. The creeper exploded in my face and I was sent to this graveyard. Yeah, I was lost, cri ci.

I then spent the next 10 minutes swimming to Haven. Good workout!

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
I was introduced by a friend today. After farming mobs up to around level 7 we met a creeper. We had a tactic developed that meant only one of us was in melee range. This time it was me. I was sprint hitting him to make sure I don't die in one hit. Just before I hit it my friend did with a bow. The creeper exploded in my face and I was sent to this graveyard. Yeah, I was lost, cri ci.

Pro tip with multiple people and a creeper, just keep one aggro'd on it and the other can hit it all day long safely (as long as the arrgro'd person stays in range)

Symbolite

Legacy Supporter 7
My first moments on the server... wow got to think back 3 years lol. I was looking for a good Minecraft server to play on, I had just bought the game and quickly became bored with the single player. I knew I needed to play with people to enjoy this game. Over about the course of a week I joined 2 other servers. They were pretty unpopulated and the people were jerks and or the server itself was just a laggy mess. Eventually I found Kainzo's post on the Minecraft forums about Herocraft. I applied and eventually was accepted.

My first moments on the server I went down the giant spiral staircase circling the Sanctum maps central spawn castle. Read most of the signs and got to the bottom. Went out beyond the borders of the great city of Sanctum and was quickly killed by a player I do not remember. Sitting at spawn I watched people asking for towns in trade chat (recruitment chat didn't exist back then and town invites were handled in trade). I noticed Emphatik first advertise a town called Newerth. I asked to join and the rest is history... if Emphatik wasn't there that day advertising Newerth my entire Herocraft experience over the last 3 years could have been much different. Heck I may not even be here now if it wasn't for him that day.

Jonsoon

Legacy Supporter 8
I found Minecraft by myself in February of 2011, and made the jump to SMP in March. I was browsing server listing sites and I think Herocraft was in 10th place on the one I was using and was on the map Sanctum.

I remember making my first house inside Sanctum spawn where there were no regions, and stealing was illegal. People stuck to that pretty well and I think when I logged onto the museum map I still had items in my house.

A short while after, I was just running and running down the south road and eventually ran into the capitol of Fiore. I immediately joined and was given my first plot, which was a reclaimed plot of an old player. There were a few leftover support beams in the basement from when they purged it. As I was breaking them, there was a single chest located underneath one of the beams. It contained over s tack of diamonds, some iron, as well as other items. It was a noobs dream come true!

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
First moments of Herocraft: Trying to figure out the F3 coordinate system and camping around Camelot's area for 3 days while waiting to join because of the old ''You must wait 3 days before joining a new township'' rule. People like @Droowid @EvilThor and @barbas0l were important for my early experience of Herocraft.

Barnubus

Legacy Supporter 8
Mine was of ABANDONMENT!
I joined the server with 3 friends, weewoo1337, JediMind7rix, and zDylann. They were in Ares, and told me to log in, yet none of them came to spawn to get me!
I was new to Minecraft, didn't know what waypoints were, and just stood there for like 30+ minutes reading the chat and talking with people on MSN. I died, and thinking back on it the only thing that could have happened was being slain by an admin, then spawned in the actual spawn (During that time you spawned the first time in a room of signs explaining the servers rules, then from there on spawned in the center of spawn), and was alone.

Finally Dylan came to get me and took me to Ares (and this was before sprinting so it was slooow), and they said "What do you wanna be? Healer? I dunno just go Cleric" And so I did.
Boy, I miss when things were new and exciting!

Last edited:

DefaultTexture

Legacy Supporter 4
My first day joining HC, back in Zeal, hiding from the 'Treepers" in a hole, trying to make my way to Exitium.

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
I abandoned a different Heroes server and joined here to follow a friend who said this was better.
Joined Vigil to be with them and they never came on again after that.

Oh, and this was one of those times when everything lagged always, so that was fun.

Y

ytiggidmas

Myself, @lumont , @ninjabizkit had just gotten banned from our old Heroes server for false accusations and the corrupt administration let it slide, so we bored out our minds decide to give this server another try(we played a few days in Dragon), and made ourself a nice base in Warshard while we waited to get whitelisted. We got our shit stolen, and started over in Bastion once we were whitelisted. Eventually we gathered other people from our old server to come here too. They helped make a town with us even though some of us were enemies, or had unresolved issues. So what is known as the OG Umbros made Umbra. The following people @lumont @XxSamdamanxX @ninjabizkit @realmatt10000 @Mindfields , (ranked from most OG to least OG.) created the absolute shittiest of shit town. We didn't really know what we were doing, and everything was peaceful until a noobcamper by the name of Alexhoff1 started showing up, and killing us as we were unmastered and really big naebs. Our solution was to make the big box town that many people remember as the ugliest town at the start of the map. However, with our new found defense of big boxy walls, traps, and multiple LWC doors we thought it was beautiful. As we watched the shitty eclipse fall victim to our cheap tactics, and even watching the glorious Tree Creepers fall into our pitfall trap we gathered a lot of hate from the server. Regardless we enjoyed every second of it. Nothing was better than having one decent pvper falling into our trap, and starting a shitstorm of trash talk to show our dominance.

Those days are gone now though, the pvp isn't the same, the people aren't the same, and Herocraft is being filled with the nooblets we all once started out as. Hopefully one of the noobs we see getting muted in tour chat is the next mayor of a big name pvp town, but until then us veterans will keep lurking the forums, and logging in occasionally to see if anything has changed.

it's the noob Herocraft needs, but not the one it deserves.

FuturizeHandgun

Glowstone
Myself, @lumont , @ninjabizkit had just gotten banned from our old Heroes server for false accusations and the corrupt administration let it slide, so we bored out our minds decide to give this server another try(we played a few days in Dragon), and made ourself a nice base in Warshard while we waited to get whitelisted. We got our shit stolen, and started over in Bastion once we were whitelisted. Eventually we gathered other people from our old server to come here too. They helped make a town with us even though some of us were enemies, or had unresolved issues. So what is known as the OG Umbros made Umbra. The following people @lumont @XxSamdamanxX @ninjabizkit @realmatt10000 @Mindfields , (ranked from most OG to least OG.) created the absolute shittiest of shit town. We didn't really know what we were doing, and everything was peaceful until a noobcamper by the name of Alexhoff1 started showing up, and killing us as we were unmastered and really big naebs. Our solution was to make the big box town that many people remember as the ugliest town at the start of the map. However, with our new found defense of big boxy walls, traps, and multiple LWC doors we thought it was beautiful. As we watched the shitty eclipse fall victim to our cheap tactics, and even watching the glorious Tree Creepers fall into our pitfall trap we gathered a lot of hate from the server. Regardless we enjoyed every second of it. Nothing was better than having one decent pvper falling into our trap, and starting a shitstorm of trash talk to show our dominance.

Those days are gone now though, the pvp isn't the same, the people aren't the same, and Herocraft is being filled with the nooblets we all once started out as. Hopefully one of the noobs we see getting muted in tour chat is the next mayor of a big name pvp town, but until then us veterans will keep lurking the forums, and logging in occasionally to see if anything has changed.

it's the noob Herocraft needs, but not the one it deserves.
*tear trickles down cheek*
:') Truly beautiful.

lioIIoil

Legacy Supporter 7
I joined in mid Dragonguarde. I wanted to go to the mob arena as a level 3 rogue. I thought I was really useful and told them I could kill everything except spiders. I wondered what shout chat was, how to shout, and why people were shouting. I decided to be polite and talk in o chat. After me doing several rounds in the Mob Arena killing no mobs. They told me they would pay me 100 c to get out. I agreed and didn't know what t chat was. That's my first day.

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
Joined late Zeal. Went exploring my first time on roads and such, got a thrill out of raiding this one guy's base sneaking around as a low level rogue. Stumbled upon some floating town and was assigned a plot. It might've been Skyforge but there is no way for me to know exactly. Skyforge was getting raided an hour after I had just joined, and the raiders had killed the entire town and only a few were left. I, a < level 10 rogue, charged one of the raiders on a floating stairwell while he was low on health and he fell to the next level and died. Pop, stuff everywhere. My first experience with PvP in minecraft. It was glorious.

Last edited:

Symbolite

Legacy Supporter 7
Join late Zeal. Went exploring my first time on roads and such, got a thrill out of raiding this one guy's base sneaking around as a low level rogue. Stumbled upon some floating town and was assigned a plot. It might've been Skyforge but there is no way for me to know exactly. Skyforge was getting raided an hour after I had just joined, and the raiders had killed the entire town and only a few were left. I, a < level 10 rogue, charged one of the raiders on a floating stairwell while he was low on health and he fell to the next level and died. Pop, stuff everywhere. My first experience with PvP in minecraft. It was glorious.

Sounds like Skyforge from late zeal. They got raided a lot and often the rest of OS had to come protect them. If the town was a center tower with floating streets coming off of it like spokes on a wheel and then floating homes on those roads than yeah sounds definitely like Skyforge.

Bro, you say FARMING?!?!?! Illegal.

Carbash

Legacy Supporter 6
My first few days in bastion consisted of me building a base getting raided, move, building a base, getting raided, move, building a base.... by now you get the picture. Eventually I found an island that kept me safe for a few weeks, then I got raided. Finally I joined Belegost, and thanks to bfitti, haxnn, and bedwyr, my time on herocraft was enjoyable enough for me to continue playing.

Standman

Stone
Joined server, told to run 800 blocks in one direction, find snow tower, dig for FFLaguna for 4-5 hours straight, made 200c or so plus ores, kongrave told me to come to jericho which was like 3000 blocks in opposite direction, make small house in future town of their kingdom, town falls apart, join Shin Kyoto, raid big dome place with droowid (acars' town i think, future thornhollow), become pvper because it was fun.

-Diffuse

I joined the server at first a while ago and made a big castle in ruins to see it destroyed the next day. I left then I rejoined and got white-listed. Having a lot of fun now.