• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Things I would see in MC (with pics)

McGreed

TNT
So I got a bit bored and wanted to do a bit of minecraft but still do a bit of 3D, so I thought I would quickly visulize some of the things I would like to see in a patch. I just used the default textures and created new to match those, can be much better, its just for examples.

Smoothstone Stair
block_smoothstone_stair.jpg

Reverse Stair
block_reverse_stair.jpg

Stair Corner
block_stair_corner.jpg

Stair Inset
block_stair_inset.jpg

Wood Halfstep (and cobblestone, brick, ect)
block_halfstep_wood.jpg

Table
block_table.jpg

Table 2x3 (6 blocks put together)
block_table2x3.jpg

Chair (using table as component)
block_chair.jpg

Trapdoor (either open or falling)
block_trapdoor.jpg

Flower pot (without flower/leaves, works like dirtblock)
block_flowerpot.jpg

Fence Door
block_fencedoor.jpg

Elevator
block_elevator.jpg

Elevator Chest
block_elevatorchest.jpg

Elevator Track (made with redstone and ladder)
block_elevatortrack.jpg

Elevator Pully (3 inputs, up, down, on/off)
block_elevator_pully.jpg

Elevator In Use
elevator_in_use.jpg

Nicoli20

Iron
These are very innovative and cool ideas. I hope they do come around in the future. :icon_biggrin:

McGreed

TNT
Yeah, made them in 3DS Max, though I have no idea how Notch generates the models. Wish there was a way for me to create a mod with these things in it, but doesn't really seem to be a way for it, so right now its just ideas.

Ilsyde

Legacy Supporter 4
There is a similar mod in existence for a few months now called Fancypack
http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=99045
which proves that these aren't impossible to do. Trapdoors and elevators are cool ideas, you should post them on the MC forums and wait for a modder to pick them up.

wolfgang784

Legacy Supporter 3
I don't see why notch doesn't download 50 good mods and put them in the game. I mean, sure, it'll take a LOT more work each upgrade when he has to change each of these to work with the new game, but he would make even more money.

Cool pics by the way.

Ilsyde

Legacy Supporter 4
Because he hates mods that make his game better.
For example, a lot of people are turned down because of the shitty graphics. I just hope that because he stopped caring much about Minecraft, he'll grow even more lazy and continues stealing the ideas of MC modders (like sandstone and dyes were mods to start with).
Also hoping for a big studio to pick up the idea behind Minecraft (Manic Digger?) and make their own version with graphics that don't suck, proper SDK and a lot lot more content.
Only time will tell :icon_rolleyes:

Ravebear

Air
I've definately wished to have those different stair blocks in the game before.

The trap door would also be very awesome to have.

Apherdite

Queen Bee
I really like the elevator concepts! And the tables and chairs!! I would love to see these all too! The fence gates would be so awesome. Great job Greed :D

Solace

Banned
Wow man , i really like the work you did on the models. They are all things that would logically fit into mine craft . You should post them on the mine craft suggestion forums :D

And on the note of things we would like in MC ; I think coloured glass would be an awesome edition. It would open up more realistic options for building / windows.

Ilsyde

Legacy Supporter 4
Colored (stained) glass is also part of Fancypack, the mod I mentioned before in this thread:
http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=163224
Well, sort of. The two are split but are in the same thread from the same creator.