• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Thieves are gonna need a new passive

Eleyond

Coal
I was planning on becoming a Thief, because they get Safefall. I understood that the purpose of Thieves having Safefall was to infiltrate towns, and loot them. But now that looting towns is illegal, Safefall will lose most of it's utility.

Maybe give them a passive that can poison enemies, or a chance to teleport automatically when attacked? (although that would be more suited for Ninjas I'm guessing). Or here's a fun idea.

On another server I played that had Heroes plugin, Thieves (as well as 1-2 other classes) had the ability to steal from locked chests, as well as pickpocket players. To balance this, they were required to use up an iron ingot to try to lockpick a chest, and if they failed, they took damage. Both pick lock and pickpocket had a very low chance of success. But these skills MAKE a Thief IMO.

To balance this further, Masons could get the ability to make special boobytraps for chests. Of course, players would have to pay for this service, and it should be expensive, but those who have valuables worth protecting anyway will likely be able to afford this service anyway. I know some people will say that if someone has a lwc, they deserve to have their stuff protected forever. But in the real world, even the best security systems can be infiltrated, and I think it's good to have a good sense of realism ingame, and there can be whatever checks and counters necessary to make it so Thieves can't go around stealing everyone's riches in one day.

strongholdx

Legacy Supporter 6
O_O why did it just quote a quote of something that wasn't a quote? I can't edit it either....wierd FIX'D

Eleyond

Coal
Not gonna lie, only read up to here. Stealing from chests is legal, breaking blocks such as gold or diamons is not.
Im sure @Kainzo or @Seratt can verify this
From the way it was worded, it seemed that looting towns in general was now against the rules, since it said that looting towns is now illegal, INCLUDING rare blocks.

strongholdx

Legacy Supporter 6
Just chill for a bit and wait for them to verify this. And i agree, the rule was sudden and very unclear.

Aerokii

Legacy Supporter 8
Block destruction in town = bad (on or off the region list)

Theft from chest = okay

So yeah. You can loot from chests all you want, you're just not allowed to join the region for the purpose of stealing regioned blocks.

Seratt

Inquisitor Generalis
Founder
Stealing is legal everywhere except Zeal and Townhalls. Block destruction without replacement afterwards is griefing. Rare block destruction in the wilderness is legal. Rare block destruction in towns is illegal.

Eleyond

Coal
Thanks for the clarification. Also, just to be on the safe side, is it legal to make a dirt tower to infiltrate a town as long as I destroy the tower afterwards? Would it count as block jumping if I destroyed the tower from under me as I went up? Because a lot of towns are almost completely impenetrable, and with the new rule, I'm sure there will be towns that build with rare blocks for the lower levels so someone can't destroy part of the wall to get in.

Seratt

Inquisitor Generalis
Founder
As long as you destroy the dirt tower, sure it's legal. If you are killed and the town disallows you to come and destroy the tower, /pe the issue so staff is aware.

Diffuse

Legacy Supporter 4
As far as I know you are still able to steal from chests. The problem imo with adding this kind of system is that unless it had a really long cooldown, you would be able to easily take everything someone has worked for. In the real world the cost of failing to steal something that someone has invested a decent amount to protect is prison, not just a broken lockpick

Eleyond

Coal
As far as I know you are still able to steal from chests. The problem imo with adding this kind of system is that unless it had a really long cooldown, you would be able to easily take everything someone has worked for. In the real world the cost of failing to steal something that someone has invested a decent amount to protect is prison, not just a broken lockpick
Like I said, chests can be boobytrapped, and lockpick can have a very low success rate. On the server I played where thieves had that ability, I've seen someone complain that they tried picking the lock to a chest over and over again and they went through numerous picks and numerous deaths and they could never get it open.

Another thing, I don't know if this is possible, but maybe if someone successfully picks the lock to a lwc'd chest, they could be automatically put on the bounty list? This would deter the Thieves who don't have nerves of steel, because a lot of players don't want to be hunted down by most of the server.