• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Thiefs and Thievery

Archmage_Lloyd

Soulsand
maybe make a lighter protection susceptible to stealing but, have it cost less like 150-300c ? thieves gotta steal from something and not being able to open chests almost brings thief down to the level it was before it got thievery| on a side note thievery is an awesome sounding skil!

dieing25

Legacy Supporter 3
I'm thinking just being able to steal from chests that have blocks over them would add a lot to the class.

I not only think that's overpowered in the aspect of gaining items that were thought to be safe, probably resulting them to be armor, weapons, resources, etc.. But the thief isn't supposed to bypass a "Last-Line" of defense. The thief is a hobo stealing items from people, not a master assassin.

Staven88

TNT
As long as stealing from players is better I'm feeling better, but I really think the opening iron doors as if they r wood is a good idea and it could cost like 1 iron ingot (a lockpick), or something like u can open non-lwc'ed blocked chest once every min n half with a 20-40% chance. This would not make it a widely used skill, not to mention if it is for like level 50 (which I think it should be) not many people would have it because there isn't many mastered Thieves.

Staven88

TNT
I not only think that's overpowered in the aspect of gaining items that were thought to be safe, probably resulting them to be armor, weapons, resources, etc.. But the thief isn't supposed to bypass a "Last-Line" of defense. The thief is a hobo stealing items from people, not a master assassin.
I understand your concern, but first of all Thieves are not hobo's outside they are people sneaking in town looting things from people AND their houses. Not to mention blocked chest are not a "Last-Line" defense for because of this skill if someone is TRULY scared of the small chance a Thief will 1) have the move 2) get INTO the city and 3) find the chests in the person's house that is most likely blocked off, then they should buy a LWC.

I'm not sure about this... Maybe I just don't like the idea of losing items, but I'm not into the whole thievery thing. At least it's extremly good on making me paranoid while walking around in spawn xD
On the other hand, it's pretty much useless in PvP-zones (why steal when you can kill?).

Oh and about opening blocked chests (not LWCs); I think you could add more to that skill. What if it could be used for something better? I'm thinking about a skill that could allow you, for a very small amount of time, to be able to destroy/add blocks within town-regions (not personal-regions though, would be too OP at spawn). All the blocks that were destroyed/added would be changed back once the skill ends (making it pretty much impossible to use for griefing) and of course, the skills would need mastery and have an expensive reagent and a long CD.

Of course, it seems a bit OP, so more restrictions should probably be made. The thing is (some people will probably disagree with me on this one), it should be possible to at least add some threat to the more well-secured towns. As of now, the only thing raiders can do is to stand outside of the town's gate and taunt the inhabitants or possible grind players that didn't get time to take cover. Maybe in the future there could be a war-system, allowing towns to fight and enter each other's regions :p

Staven88

TNT
That is exactly why I made this post!! I'm so tired of getting into a town and there is shit you can do, you just sit there while all the townies chill in their house laughing at you. OR you actually manage to get into a house and OH LOOK someone spent 1 second to put a piece of dirt over it. I know people don't like the idea of Thievery, it's totally understandable, but come ON there has to be something that can counter this SUPER SAFETY towns and houses. I don't want to make the more OP because then honestly it's just gonna get nerfed... hard. BUT I do want to spice up the game alittle! All classes should have SOMETHING interesting, that's what makes Herocraft so great! And so honestly before you all respond saying "omg Thievery is SOOO op." ask yourself, "What is so unique about Thief?" Honestly, they have some alright stuff, but hell a lot of people think they are terrible, Kekosawr thinks they shouldn't even be a SPEC!!
-Any feedback that isn't totally negative is MUCH appreciated!
Thanks guys! -Staven88

SemajArchMage

Legacy Supporter 3
Again, the issue isn't with the skill, it's that there are ways around it. You can block off a treasure room, you can make your town floating in the air (like Fumo), there are many things you can do that prevent thieves from ever getting anywhere in SIGHT range of your chests.

Which leaves the only towns that suffer from it the ones that didn't want to exploit terrain to make their fortress unassailable. The dirt over chest isn't the solution to thieving, it's the method people devised to counter the current metagame, and it works. If the metagame on thieving changes, people will simply switch to a new counter.

It doesn't solve the thief problem, it just creates new opportunities to grief SOME of the population while the rest sit back in safety.

Staven88

TNT
Quite honestly I'm fully aware of that, and I rather have a skill that's SOMEwhat useless then nothing. It can always change I really just want Thieves to get better some how.

GreekCrackShot

Legacy Supporter 7
I always thought it would be cool if thieves had the ability to look in LWC's if the player whose LWC it is had the chest in the open position. Like the chest has been unlocked, so other people theoretically have access to the chest.

Obviously this requires changes in the coding for LWC, which I believe Kainzo is definitely not going to get involved with, and most likely isn't possible due to the limitations in the Minecraft code. As well as the fact LWC is the ultimate protection, and cannot be bypassed.

Staven88

TNT
I think LWC is a bit much but I really think blocked chest would be a good idea I think it would spice up raiding.