• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Thief's and Ranger's new skill

Sigpit

Legacy Supporter 7
Smoke can be used at any time, the fact that it muse be used in a low light level weakens the skill. At night you would not be able to use it (The light level at day and night is the same, Im not 100% sure though), and in well lite areas you would not be able to use it. There is only place I can think of this skill being useful is in an Undercity or Caves. This makes the skill a nerfed version of Smoke that gives them a small advantage, but not like a ninja.

Joka10

Soulsand
Ninjas lack the stealth they need. They're the stealthiest class, but they still aren't stealthy. Even Smoke gives a message on use... to everyone around you. I suggest (as many others have before) the addition of a passive skill Muffle. Muffle would mask all skill messages (as well as your kills(assassination!)). It would have a certain percentage to fail, and this percentage would decrease every level until the likelihood of failure was nearly nonexistent.

RagingDragon5

Portal
Smoke can be used at any time, the fact that it muse be used in a low light level weakens the skill. At night you would not be able to use it (The light level at day and night is the same, Im not 100% sure though), and in well lite areas you would not be able to use it. There is only place I can think of this skill being useful is in an Undercity or Caves. This makes the skill a nerfed version of Smoke that gives them a small advantage, but not like a ninja.

The light levels at day and night are different.

Aetosion

Obsidian
Muffle = Cool
Shroud = Cool, but hard to code
Ranger being invisible when not moving = Cool

Aetosion

Obsidian
Yeah, I like the idea that Ninjas would have a much less limited ability to sneak. Possibly make Smoke last 15 seconds to give it an added advantage over the other Rogue ability.

Calling it SkillShroud for the current purpose. Shroud would give a lot more utility to Rogues, I really like that idea. We've got to remember to keep Smoke unique though.

/Tired/Phone-Thumbs-Sore/

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
@unknownloner - whip up a camo skill. When used the player is invis to others - when they move, attack, or use a skill - they become visible.
I'm not entirely sure if we can check when a player moves without using an onMovement check (in that case don't include move)

Aetosion

Obsidian
Just make it a root spell that lasts for a minute or two on the caster, broken by the same factors, an doesn't show up in chat when cast.

Holy shit... this is going to make me insanely paranoid.

Something to note, if thief and ranger get "Shroud", Ninja should get it as well (else Ninja will become least stealthy of the rogue classes).

kevinlive

Legacy Supporter 2
Guys think about ninja with that skill aswell, epic combo.
Cast smoke, move to target area, whip up the camo skill -> wait for the perfect moment to strike <3

In regards to the skill suggestions, both skills sounds good/cool and I would love to see them implemented.
:)