• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

The woes of lag - experiences

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xerot

Legacy Supporter 4
If you folks know me at all, you'll find me bitching about lag more often than not lately. Due to moving my desktop to a different room entirely, it's across about 50 feet with walls 'n' all in between the router. So my connection has been suffering miserably. What I find odd is that it'll sometimes cooperate and work flawlessly. Other times it'll freak out and spike for 30 seconds at a time, and struggle to find a connection. Today has been one of those days.

Ever lag so hard you fall into the void because the chunks wouldn't load fast enough? 3 times within a 10 minute timespan here, each of them generally ending with 'Xerot has been killed by so and so!'. Unfortunately, most people bitch about lag when they die legitimately without any connection troubles. Or perhaps they do, and they're really not noticeable by the enemy. Often times we never notice simply because of how brief combat can be with other players.

But today's events have made me curious. How often do you guys die simply due to lag issues? And how often are they legitimate or just for the sake of not seeming completely useless? Share your stories with me, it'd be a better outlet here than O-chat, Kainzo knows it'd be safer to complain about it here than anywhere else, hah.

Brutalacerate

AdministRaper
If you folks know me at all, you'll find me bitching about lag more often than not lately. Due to moving my desktop to a different room entirely, it's across about 50 feet with walls 'n' all in between the router. So my connection has been suffering miserably. What I find odd is that it'll sometimes cooperate and work flawlessly. Other times it'll freak out and spike for 30 seconds at a time, and struggle to find a connection. Today has been one of those days.

Ever lag so hard you fall into the void because the chunks wouldn't load fast enough? 3 times within a 10 minute timespan here, each of them generally ending with 'Xerot has been killed by so and so!'. Unfortunately, most people bitch about lag when they die legitimately without any connection troubles. Or perhaps they do, and they're really not noticeable by the enemy. Often times we never notice simply because of how brief combat can be with other players.

But today's events have made me curious. How often do you guys die simply due to lag issues? And how often are they legitimate or just for the sake of not seeming completely useless? Share your stories with me, it'd be a better outlet here than O-chat, Kainzo knows it'd be safer to complain about it here than anywhere else, hah.
New hardware will up within a few weeks. Any lag you're experiencing is due to your machine, connection or our host.

This thread is not needed - LOCKED

Status
Not open for further replies.