• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion The Shoutbox - Do's and Dont's

AzenYumCha

Legacy Supporter 6
Since the Shoutbox is a new feature to the Herocraft Forums and right it is a popular tool used by many, would it be necessary that it'd have some set rules of use and conduct upon using this?

I was watching the Shoutbox a little and because it's not an in-game chat, I presumed that anything that occurred in the Shoutbox chat was acceptable. I've seen a few bashing and flaming, a discussion on a particular ban and a little bit of spam occurring upon the Shoutbox. As a guide, I usually halt the discussion or give the person a warning, but in my discretion this chat is very closely linked to the in-game channels and its popularity of use is very high at the moment.

I would to suggest setting up an official rules page or thread about the use of the Shoutbox.

Psychokhaos

Legacy Supporter 3
Since the Shoutbox is a new feature to the Herocraft Forums and right it is a popular tool used by many, would it be necessary that it'd have some set rules of use and conduct upon using this?

I was watching the Shoutbox a little and because it's not an in-game chat, I presumed that anything that occurred in the Shoutbox chat was acceptable. I've seen a few bashing and flaming, a discussion on a particular ban and a little bit of spam occurring upon the Shoutbox. As a guide, I usually halt the discussion or give the person a warning, but in my discretion this chat is very closely linked to the in-game channels and its popularity of use is very high at the moment.

I would to suggest setting up an official rules page or thread about the use of the Shoutbox.
The first line of this, taken straight from Seratt's Rules Post in Announcements, says any HCO related forums - The Shoutbox falls under this.

Chat Rules
5 The following actions are prohibited while in in-game chat channels, irc, teamspeak, and any Herocraft Online
related forums:
5.1 Harassing, threatening, embarrassing, giving unwanted attention or discomfort to another player.
5.2 Impersonation of any Herocraft Online staff member.
5.3 Marketing, promoting or advertising of anything, or making any other form of solicitation.
5.3.1 This does not include items sold on Herocraft Online Service that are indigenous to Minecraft or Herocraft.
5.4 The use of any language besides English in main chat channels (global, trade, help, off-topic, etc).
5.4.1 This includes e-bonics, internet m.emes, and various other forms of slang.
5.5 Spamming, begging, whining, and other similar forms of unwanted chat clutter.
5.6 Encouraging others to violate the rules set by staff.
5.7 Discussing religious/political views​

AzenYumCha

Legacy Supporter 6
The first line of this, taken straight from Seratt's Rules Post in Announcements, says any HCO related forums - The Shoutbox falls under this.

Chat Rules
5 The following actions are prohibited while in in-game chat channels, irc, teamspeak, and any Herocraft Online
related forums:
5.1 Harassing, threatening, embarrassing, giving unwanted attention or discomfort to another player.
5.2 Impersonation of any Herocraft Online staff member.
5.3 Marketing, promoting or advertising of anything, or making any other form of solicitation.
5.3.1 This does not include items sold on Herocraft Online Service that are indigenous to Minecraft or Herocraft.
5.4 The use of any language besides English in main chat channels (global, trade, help, off-topic, etc).
5.4.1 This includes e-bonics, internet m.emes, and various other forms of slang.
5.5 Spamming, begging, whining, and other similar forms of unwanted chat clutter.
5.6 Encouraging others to violate the rules set by staff.
5.7 Discussing religious/political views​

I had been aware of the ToS rules beforehand. I may have also made a misunderstanding as well, but the request was that we would treat the Shoutbox chat like an in-game channel and we, as Guides, have the right to maintain the chat, keeping it positive and smooth.

Sorry for the wording of my suggestion.