• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

The Ranger Of The South

SurvivalManZ

ICE ICE ICE!
Please post comments on this little story I created about my Minecraft character.

The Ranger Of The South: Written By SurvivalManZ

Some say he is a Sorcerer. Others say he is an Assassin. He is none of these things. He is Talion, Ranger Of The South. He uses the cover of night to hunt orcs and other creatures of Darkness. He trusts no one, save his few close companions. They once stood alone to combat the Dark King, Arktorious. They triumphed, but only just. For the Dark King took a dark spiritual form, and vowed to come back for revenge. But that is not this tale. This tale is altogether different. Now listen dear reader, as I tell you of the next adventure of Talion, Ranger Of The South.

askmax

Legacy Supporter 4
*Logs on after months of not being on just to find this so called *assassin* and kill you with my entangle bolt combo.* GG
I win at life.

SurvivalManZ

ICE ICE ICE!
A hooded figure walked into the inn. he walked so silently, very few saw him. He sat in the corner of the bar, watching the drunken farmers sing happy tunes. In his younger days, he would've joined them happily, singing along with them. Alas, those times were taken from him. He got up and waked over to the bar tender.
" What can I do for you, my fine fellow?" The fat bar tender asked him happily. The man put several coins on the table.
" Something strong. I need something hot in my stomach before I set off." The man said. The bar tender's smile disappeared.
" My fine fellow! There is no need to leave in such a hurry! Stay with us! Enjoy a nice hot bed for once. Please Talion! Who knows when I'll see you again!" The bar tender told him quickly. But the hooded man was already shaking his head.
" Forgive me Gallorn. But I am in a predicament. The Slayers are running about again." The man, now known as Talion said.
At the mention of the dark beasts, Gallorn's face paled. These were not things to hunt. If anything, they hunted you. They were nothing but Shadows, wearing dark cloaks and having chipped swords. Whatever they were, they were evil.
" No Talion! You must be mistaken. The King is dead. The Slayers disappeared when he died." But Talion slowly shook his head.
" The Dark King has returned."

TO BE CONTINUED....

Weikauno

Coder
so far sounds a lot like some run-off of Lord of the rings..... shadows in cloaks.... dark lord....Ranger......bartender that knows much.... But still well scripted, and good style of writing, I'll give you that haha

SurvivalManZ

ICE ICE ICE!
so far sounds a lot like some run-off of Lord of the rings..... shadows in cloaks.... dark lord....Ranger......bartender that knows much.... But still well scripted, and good style of writing, I'll give you that haha

Ahhhhhh MAN!!! I just realized how much like Lord Of The Rings this story sounded!!!! UGH!!! Well Its different when I look at it. But i feel so stupid right now!! UGH

DefaultTexture

Legacy Supporter 4
Please post comments on this little story I created about my Minecraft character.

Some say he is a Sorcerer. Others say he is an Assassin. He is none of these things. He is Talion, Ranger Of The South. He uses the cover of night to hunt orcs and other creatures of Darkness. He trusts no one, save his few close companions. They once stood alone to combat the Dark King, Arktorious. They triumphed, but only just. For the Dark King took a dark spiritual form, and vowed to come back for revenge. But that is not this tale. This tale is altogether different. Now listen dear reader, as I tell you of the next adventure of Talion, Ranger Of The South.
Yeah this is pretty much Shadow of mordor right there.

SurvivalManZ

ICE ICE ICE!
Yeah this is pretty much Shadow of mordor right there.

Finally Someone Who understands the game I've been waiting for. Bravo!!! This is in fact, using parts of Shadow Of Mordor. ( Such as the Name Talion) But the plot is completely different. You just made my day!!! I thought no one else knew about Shadow Of Mordor.

Weikauno

Coder
Finally Someone Who understands the game I've been waiting for. Bravo!!! This is in fact, using parts of Shadow Of Mordor. ( Such as the Name Talion) But the plot is completely different. You just made my day!!! I thought no one else knew about Shadow Of Mordor.
Yeah I'm looking forward to that game too, yet I was a little disappointed in how they made the ranger all magical and stuff. I like rangers best as tolkien envisioned them, kings of the East with no magical powers, just their boss skills.

edit: kings of the west*

SurvivalManZ

ICE ICE ICE!
Yeah I'm looking forward to that game too, yet I was a little disappointed in how they made the ranger all magical and stuff. I like rangers best as tolkien envisioned them, kings of the East with no magical powers, just their boss skills.

True that... true that... But Talion being a Wraith And Ranger combo makes him a little too overpowered. But still, I think the Shadow Strike is really cool.

drewC577

Wood

BEST ONE EVER

SurvivalManZ

ICE ICE ICE!
CONTINUED...

Talion got up from the bar seat and walked away, drawing his cloak tightly around him, wishing it were warmer out. He walked out the bar, leaving the bar tender gaping at him. He smiled grimly, remembering his past with Gallorn, fighting past Goblins and Trolls, until a Troll bit his leg, spreading its disease into him. Talion had been forced to lop off his leg. He grimaced at the thought.
He clambered onto his horse, Andyn, and sped away, continuing to track the Slayers.
....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

" This is interesting. They seem to have to changed their course. They'll have to do better than that to change my course." Talion got up, gesturing for Andyn to follow him. He starting sprinting towards the road, knowing that a few Slayers or Trolls must've stayed behind to ambush him. He was, of course, right.
As soon as he stepped onto the road, figures darted out of the trees. They must've thought he was tough if they brought this many enemies to destroy him. Four Slayers, and about a dozen Trolls. The Trolls he could deal with. The Slayers would be a little harder. But nothing to hard for him. Six trolls charged him. He brought two down with his bow and two more with his throwing knives. He dealt with the fifth with his dagger. The other Troll was too close too deal with his ranged weapons. He drew his long sword and killed the Troll with the same movement.
The other Trolls were more wary. They surrounded him. They got too close though. He killed them all with a simple spin of his sword.
The Slayers shrieked at him. He laughed back. He sheathed his sword and took out his bow, hoping to take one down before they converged on him. he nocked it with three arrows. The Slayers charged. He shot, but he misjudged the beasts' speed. Two arrows hit a Slayer, but the third killing arrow missed. It slowed, but didn't falter. Talion drew his blade and a dagger. He blocked a Slayer's killing blow, and slashed at it's hood. It shrieked in pain. He ended it with his blade. When it fell, he dropped his dagger and kicked its blade up to his free hand. He blocked two killing blows from the beasts. He stabbed one Slayer to death, then jumped out of the reach of the last one.
It hissed at him.
" Come, Hero of Araria. No one issss here to help you now." It hissed. Talion dropped the Slayer's blade. he put both hands on his own.
" Are you to scared to come face me alone, beast? Come yourself. test you strength against me!" Talion roared, sprinting towards it. Their swords danced before the Slayer realized it could not win this match. Talion knew it as well. He tripped it. It lay on the floor, not moving. The Slayers did not feel fear. Talion jumped onto it, burying his blade into its chest. It gave one more loud shriek, then lay still. Talion sheathed his blade, walking away.
If the Dark King kept this up, Talion would eventually fall. But not yet. Talion was not down yet. He would keep fighting.

TO BE CONTINUED...

Last edited: