• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

The new area

weynard

Legacy Supporter 8
So, fuck. I came back some days ago, waited for a dayat the edge of the world, planned my new project for hours and hours, just to come on Saturday to notice someone already explored the area. Fine. Looks like he just left again. Still a pristine Desert biome then. And that mountain is just perfect. Fuck yeah, just what I had in mind. Alright, lemme set up my stuff. So I did.
This project will be pretty extensive, as I mentioned multiple times on IRC and Ingame, and IIRC I also filed a petition.
Since nobody objected, I went and cuboided a 150x100 area, from bedrock to sky level.
Today, I came on to notice that not only had the region been removed but also that the reason was that somebody had the insatiable lust to strip mine the area. Well, FUCK THIS. What did you think I set that huge thing up for? I knew from the very start that the greedy city population wouldn't waste time to deplete the newly generated space of all valuables as fast as the possibly could, messing up my project without care. Very nice.

My point is that people are being dicks again. The map is 30% bigger now, there's space all over the place, why do you need to mine exactly where someone else apparebntly lives? Seriously. I understand that towns>wilderness but this is just ridiculous. When people plan shit and actually try to work and create something cool and then someone is given the right to mindlessly strip mine the place for no other reason than to be at the top of the money list, what do you think will happen to the creative people? The 25x25 rule is too restrictive IMO :icon_frown:
Yeah, I mad. Very mad.

EDIT: I'll put the region back up now before someone messes up the rest of my plan.

EDIT 2: And this just happened.
1zdyjy0.jpg

So now you're not encouraging people to join towns anymore, you're forcing them?

Afro7897

Legacy Supporter 5
I just moved out into he new area as well. I was hoping this kind of thing wouldn't happen (especially to myself) with a larger map. I don't see why somebody would have to strip mine an area when you can get more by mining deep underground without ruining newly created land. I just can't stand when people re-terraform land and leave it in such a way that it looks ugly or unnatural . I'm not asking that they make it look exactly the way it was but they could have made some attempt at making it look natural before moving on.

Dagoth's always had somewhat of a temper, but yea thats not cool... he shouldn't say that...and espcially not in offtopic for all the newbies to see, gives the wrong impressions you know?

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
It sounds like it was taken out of context - I will look through the logs. Yes - we want players to join townships. We have little support for the wastelands by design. If its protected - it wont be harmed.

Kaliven

Gold
it was taken out of context I was on when he said it, he was talking to me lol.

The discussion was on people in the wastelands crying cause their stuff was taken, he said something to the effect of having to hear all day about people not part of towns, getting their things raided.

It happens, next time get your 11 people, your 1500c and start a town, THEN dig.

Cuboiding WAY more then the rules allow, not good. I'd of reported that area as a violation if I came across it.

weynard

Legacy Supporter 8
Kaliven said:
it was taken out of context I was on when he said it, he was talking to me lol.

The discussion was on people in the wastelands crying cause their stuff was taken, he said something to the effect of having to hear all day about people not part of towns, getting their things raided.

Guess what I was talking about? Ever came across the idea I might have sent one or two PMs?