• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion The "logging" issue needs attention.

I played on some servers where your character stays connected for about 30 seconds after you out , so there is actually a way to solve it.

iGavinnn

Legacy Supporter 8
I do not want to worry about my character being logged in after I log out. I usually keep valuable stuff on me when I log out incase some how someone gets into my chest. Like I said before if you are unable to tag someone before they log out you do not deserve the kill. There of plenty of gap closing skills and ranged skills. If you don't have a class that has these skills then that was your own choice. If you want to sneak to your target you should have gone as a rouge class. You just made a poor class choice. People don't want to pvp when they are trying to mine so they should be allowed to log out safely if they choose to. Just because you want to PVP does not mean everyone else does you have to play both sides of the card. If you push PVP on people a lot of the people who do not want to PVP will quit. I play for the professions and money not for fighting. You win some you lose some.

I do however agree that the PVP combat timer could be increased to 15 seconds to give more of a chance to secure your kill. However I totally disagree about your character staying logged in after you log out for the reasons stated above.

I am pretty sure elo is going away anyway so that covers that issue.

I am in no way attacking anyone just stating my opinion.

Jack_Reacher

Legacy Supporter 7
Not needed. There's no "clean" method to do this with things built into minecraft.
I guess the "Not needed" just points to a disagreement.

What I'm interested in why the plugins suggested in this thread are not "clean".

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
I guess the "Not needed" just points to a disagreement.

What I'm interested in why the plugins suggested in this thread are not "clean".
I'm not going to go into the entire issue / complications that come with this. Which is why I said it was a hacky/dirty fix that we don't want to do.

Tjundis

ICE ICE ICE!
Something needs to happen imo, combat logging happens way too often, and it's so easy to escape the combat timer. If you aren't a class with mobility or range, you cannot even tag someone that's simply moving in the opposite direction.

I find it annoying when people come and kill your town's lowbies and then see opposition coming and simply run around a corner and log out. Even if you build a lava trap they can tell their friends to come bail them out later while they play a different game for a little while.

and I've heard the "I went around a wall and faded" excuse way too often from ninjas, it's funny when you /hero whois [their name] and it says they're not online.

I think another way to resolve this would be to make the combat timer only count down when you're standing still, and maybe reducing the time a bit. This would also solve the problem of people pvp hopping into a non pvp area and kiting around until the combat timer gives them immunity.

XenZan

Legacy Supporter 4
I think what's been established by Kainzo is that there is no problem here. The combat timer is the anti-pvp-logging effect. If you cannot keep a target combat tagged, then they are free to do whatever they want, be it log out, run about in a PVP-OFF zone, what have you.

Escaping the combat timer means you failed to keep the person in combat - it's not an issue, this is the design of the "in-combat" setting. If they ARE in combat, they WILL die. There's no if's and's or but's about it. There are two "Death" events triggered, one on log out and one on log in. They'll die (Twice possibly)

Could this be lengthened? probably

There's no such thing as pvp logging. Read the above.

Dakinara

Legacy Supporter 6
And this is another reason the game need more range / projectile type snares and root abilities. Too easy to run away in too many circumstances.

Jack_Reacher

Legacy Supporter 7
and I've heard the "I went around a wall and faded" excuse way too often from ninjas, it's funny when you /hero whois [their name] and it says they're not online.
I know that when a Ninja is smoke'd, they will show as not online. I think it's the same thing for fade...

Tjundis

ICE ICE ICE!
I know that when a Ninja is smoke'd, they will show as not online. I think it's the same thing for fade...
Oh, I was not aware of that feature. Well now I know, although I don't know why that should cause a person to appear offline.

So basically what Xenzan is saying, is that classes without a mobility advantage over the person retreated should not be able to stop them from logging out during a fight.

Honestly I think that is quite stupid if that was the intention. It's still combat logging, the only difference is that someone has to run for 10 seconds before doing it.

XenZan

Legacy Supporter 4
The reverse is also true. Someone without a mobility advantage over an attacker cannot escape a fight. It really makes perfect sense, honestly. If a ninja wants to get away, it's pretty likely he can. If a paladin wants to get away, well... The combat tag is the means to lock an opponent ingame-or-die. If the opponent can escape the combat tag, he's no longer bound to remain ingame. What he chooses to do at that point is his business.

As far as the ease of running away, sometimes classes are really, really good at it, and are fine options for people who'd rather run from a fight than die in it. And if there's someone who hates when people run, there are options in the classes to be a better chaser. Everyone picks their classes for certain reasons. If someone's reason for picking, say, ninja was so they could easily escape combats, well, I say it's a good choice for them. Want to chase fleeing targets? Probably go for things with root skills or the like. All I'm saying is that certain classes being able to escape and evade combat easily doesn't make them broken. They're performing how they were designed to perform.