• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

The Lag/Classes/Custom Items

Dwarfers

Legacy Supporter 6
Soooo, I've been noticing a lot more lag lately every since we started removing things from classes and touching things. I'm not exactly sure how it works but yeah feel free to explain. Another complaint going on a lot in /ch o is class balances. I know Kainzo said that balance rework would happen once custom items come out and all, but do we really need custom items? I myself can live without them and ever since Shrine and attributes new things keep getting introduced pushing back everything that is occurring right now. The adventure map is one of the recent introductions and I can see how that can be pushing back the balance rework after custom items. Shaman did the same thing since all focus was put onto Shaman creation. I just think we need to focus more on what's happening now before planning more work to add on to more organizing/reworks.

I am bad at explaining things so I am sorry and I probably am overlooking things that I have not been informed about. I just wanted to put what people have been talking about in /ch o in here mixed with my own opinions.

Feel free to use the thread to talk about these situations. I did not meet the specifications required to attend that server meeting which can explain why I don't know everything and am wondering about things. Also couldn't lag be getting more frequent due to more things being added?

Last edited:

Ancile

Glowstone
I haven't played much this map... but I know for sure that last map I wasn't having any trouble with lag for PVE, but this map lag has caused me to die a lot. Teleporting me back to the same spot.

Ancile

Glowstone
#stopfuckingwithbegiler #fuckwithwizardinstead enough said

f1Sgtte.png

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
The sad thing is that there are plenty of easy ways to balance most of the classes (just a couple number tweaks), yet they aren't being implemented.

werwew19

Coder
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 6
Our group and a few others pulled out of the server because of the custom items, the attributes and how far the server progressed from previous maps. In the end of the day its minecraft and I know the servers goal is to make this closest to an mmorpg as possible and these ideas are great on paper but they just aren't working out due to the limitations minecraft has and how desperately the server is trying to get around things to implement these cool features.

I know its not going to happen but this is what its going to take to get my group back on the server along with a few other groups that quit that I speak to regularly.

I can say for myself if attributes were removed along with custom items so I can actually get something awesome when I kill someone instead of them being soulbound and a nerf on how difficult it is to get a town going and running along with party sizes because a ton of towns have 10+ friends that can't participate in fights due to all these limitations and grinding to even compete in pvp.

If you don't feel like reading the paragraphs:
Most groups including us will come back if these features were removed/nerfed.

-Party Limitations raised

-Attributes Removed

-Old gear system and gear dropping on death

-Nerfing town requirements and raising town limit so everyone can have fun and make a town.

-Reworking classes and instead of adding new ones bring back old ones *cough* samurai cough*

I know the fun won't return completely but Dragongarde was in a damn good state with Spout and MA and it felt like an MMORPG more then any other map.

I_Love_Miners

Legacy Supporter 5
Our group and a few others pulled out of the server because of the custom items, the attributes and how far the server progressed from previous maps. In the end of the day its minecraft and I know the servers goal is to make this closest to an mmorpg as possible and these ideas are great on paper but they just aren't working out due to the limitations minecraft has and how desperately the server is trying to get around things to implement these cool features.

I know its not going to happen but this is what its going to take to get my group back on the server along with a few other groups that quit that I speak to regularly.

I can say for myself if attributes were removed along with custom items so I can actually get something awesome when I kill someone instead of them being soulbound and a nerf on how difficult it is to get a town going and running along with party sizes because a ton of towns have 10+ friends that can't participate in fights due to all these limitations and grinding to even compete in pvp.

-Attributes Removed

-Nerfing town requirements and raising town limit so everyone can have fun and make a town.

-Reworking classes and instead of adding new ones bring back old ones *cough* samurai cough*

I know the fun won't return completely but Dragongarde was in a damn good state with Spout and MA and it felt like an MMORPG more then any other map.

the attributes are the only interesting thing about this map imo

Xhazed

Portal

-Attributes Removed

I think this is the best thing i have read since i learned how to read, i dont mind attributed but i hate soul bound things and now classes are just not right. They tried to balance soo much that the classes just seem not right like they used to be.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
We did make a move to a server machine that was 10-15% less optimized than our old one. It is currently being repaired.

Lag is created when certain things in the server code change. We'll be updating to 1.7.5 Tuesday (earlier if possible).

The lag is 95% from entities (item frames/mobs/animals/villagers/etc) When we updated from 1.6.4 to 1.7.2 the lag doubled. There's not much we can do except pin point where the lag is and report it to developers (Bukkit/Spigot, NOT our server devs) in hopes of being fixed.

-Attributes Removed

We wont be doing much of this. (Party limits are a possibility and Town stuff but the rest, no chance)
The sad thing is that there are plenty of easy ways to balance most of the classes (just a couple number tweaks), yet they aren't being implemented.
Balance things are going to happen. There's a lot in the pipeline you cant see or understand that will adversely affect sweeping changes. The next patch will more than likely be a balance patch - but it'll change again drastically when Adventure releases.

Last edited:

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
*sarcasm*

+1, tbh I'd rather bring back the old beguiler, ban anyone who abuses and decides to piggify a plaguebomb from now on. We don't need to ruin ANOTHER class, Beguiler doesn't need to be like Bloodmage.
The Beguiler changes were made to try and prevent soft-crashes that have come around in the past few days. The abilities will be added back.

werwew19

Coder
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 6
*sarcasm*

+1, tbh I'd rather bring back the old beguiler, ban anyone who abuses and decides to piggify a plaguebomb from now on. We don't need to ruin ANOTHER class, Beguiler doesn't need to be like Bloodmage.
Why do you assume its sarcasm? I meant what I said.

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
If the server just said fuck it to all the new stuff and fixed current stuff it would be much better...........

peeeeeeeeeew

PewPew
Legacy Supporter 5

-Attributes Removed

I agree with some of the things mentioned here, but disagree with others.

The Herocraft community seems to be all over the place on lots of things. People always ask for stuff, but when it gets implemented they find a reason to complain about it (this is in no way directed towards you werwew). Soulbound items are a good example. People had been asking for a while if keeping your stuff on death could be implemented, so that you could have a chance of retrieving the rest of your stuff when you died; so you could fight out of the graveyard. Another example, attributes: people wanted classes to be a lot more customizable, not just the same thing over and over again. Attributes brought that in. While generally there is a preferred way to build classes, you are able to change things around to suit your liking. People were saying it was too easy to make a town. What's the solution? Add in township requirements, so you need to work towards getting these upgrades and making a town.

@werwew19 before I continue I would like to mention that nothing in this last paragraph was directed towards you, and is not any sort of personal attack towards you. Just using examples which happened to be mentioned in your post.

People will always find reasons to complain about things. Even if they ask for something one hundred times, when it gets added in there will be complaints. Nobody is perfect. Kainzo and the rest of the staff on Herocraft spend lots of time and resources into making this server enjoyable, and they have done a good job about it. While yes, the server can lag, and balance isn't perfect, people are working towards it. I like Herocraft and I plan to stick with it.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
We've updated to 1.7.5 (earlier than expected, it just came out yesterday, I myself wrote the changes to Heroes and other plugins with little assistance.)

Stability is priority number one. For patch 5.30, it will focus a lot on balance changes before the sweeping changes of Adventure/Custom Items/mobs.

There's a lot of things that to need to be addressed. @werwew19 leave your "sky is falling" negativity out of this topic or ill keep removing posts.

OliverDollar

Legacy Supporter 3
We've updated to 1.7.5 (earlier than expected, it just came out yesterday, I myself wrote the changes to Heroes and other plugins with little assistance.)

Stability is priority number one. For patch 5.30, it will focus a lot on balance changes before the sweeping changes of Adventure/Custom Items/mobs.

There's a lot of things that to need to be addressed. @werwew19 leave your "sky is falling" negativity out of this topic or ill keep removing posts.
Kainzo, although I think the server has real potential hearing the changes that are coming. I really feel like we need some 'quick fixes' to make the server a somewhat more enjoyable version of what it is. For example implementing some proposed balance changes so that the map is not dominated by wizards and dragoons, even if they are minor I just think some bits need to be switched up so that more people can enjoy HC whilst its preparing for more major updates.

devotedworker

Retired Staff
Max Legacy Supporter
Herocraft has been pushing in the wrong direction since bastion, I mean it's a cute big picture but at what cost? The priority seems to never be in the present only in the future. Adventure maps, herobooks, custom items, shrine, things the server doesn't care about. A majority of the people here now and in the past have been about the pvp, and with the recent additions it's only been pushing it away. The things we've been asking for ages have been acknowledged but answered with "oh we're going to do this instead". We asked for a sort of Combat event(King of the Hill) or arena and where has that been?(Lemme answer that for you, nowhere to be seen) How about the raiding towns, actually getting rewarded for defeating people in combat? nowhere to be seen. It's extremely disappointing to see this server has become the Infestation: Survivor Stories(WarZ) of minecraft servers. Minor patches every 2-3 weeks, constant additions to Marketplace/Purchasable items(Custom items), and a developing team that does questionable work. PvP is what had kept Herocraft pumping, and what keeps me checking this website in hopes of a miracle patch. Get in the right direction, screw adventure maps, and custom items. It will only improve for the better, or keep doing what you're doing and develop useless things that digs Herocraft into the pit of dead servers with battlecraft, vindicraft, and many more...
I personaly think that Herocraft is heading in the right dirrection. Sure Shrine was a kinda dumb idea ( Personaly this is what ruins should be and not waste a map on it XD ) and some of the patches have broken some stuff. But I happen to be liking the idea of dungeons and custom items ( If I can somehow get boots that let me walk through walls like in my dream I will be so happy ) and I think it could be a good idea. Now, Im not saying that some things can be added such as Combat events ( Which I think they are adding anyway XD ) and we already get exp for killing people and their items and bragging rights. So I think herocraft is heading in the right dirrection, maybe not 100% perfect, but I have enjoyed these past few months and hope herocraft will continue to surprise me :D

devotedworker

Retired Staff
Max Legacy Supporter

Kainzo I do agree this is completely nessisary to keep away devistating bugs :D Keep at it!

( Also Good job on the self coding :D )

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Kainzo, although I think the server has real potential hearing the changes that are coming. I really feel like we need some 'quick fixes' to make the server a somewhat more enjoyable version of what it is. For example implementing some proposed balance changes so that the map is not dominated by wizards and dragoons, even if they are minor I just think some bits need to be switched up so that more people can enjoy HC whilst its preparing for more major updates.

Read... it's stated that Patch 5.30 will be about balance, primarily.