• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

The Lag Beast of Droc'Nal'Thor

/puts on his robe and wizard hat.

I wish to tell you all the story of the Lag Beast of Droc'Nal'Thor.

There exists a supernatural creature on Herocraft. A beast so foul and vicious it is nearly impossible to kill. It has access to a number of abilities that make encounters with it extremely deadly.

It has invisibility. Often you cannot see this creature. You'll only know it's presence by the pain it inflicts upon you. Once this happens there is no escape.

Sometimes it is visible but hard to track, darting around the landscape like a hummingbird. It has the ability to leave illusions of itself behind as it travels - as you attempt to move towards the creature the illusion disappears only to re-appear far out of your reach moments later.

Meanwhile you'll take a steady stream of damage as no amount of dodging or movement on your behalf will protect you. The creature has an extremely long melee range and no penalty on damage.

Lastly, it has the power of time control. Even if you manage to slay the beast it can often deal damage through time and space slaying you long after it has perished. Do not feel safe even if the creature is dead.

I recommend extreme caution. The only way to avoid this vile creature is to prevent it from seeing you. You must hide and hide well. If it spots you, all is lost.

The creature lairs near Artemis and is often encountered outside of Chronus. It appears to be drawn near when players battle. Perhaps it feeds it's infernal powers with the souls of the recently dead?

One can only speculate.

As the creature has never been captured on film, here is an Artists' rendering of what it might look like.

Mikespillow said:
That's some mediocre photoshop work...

I am not the artist. The artist in question actually was killed by the beast while in the middle of the piece. I believe we'll never really know what this beast looks like.

Doreagarde

Legacy Supporter 5
Hahaha! I love it! It made me think of this:

587392064_Vd67c-L.jpg

Mikespillow

Legacy Supporter 7
Doreagarde said:
Hahaha! I love it! It made me think of this:

587392064_Vd67c-L.jpg

Are you sure they're talking about Battlefield 1943? Because that seems like a pretty accurate depiction of a typical conversation between Notch and Jeb.

Solace

Banned
It looks like today the lag beast has been joined by its friend the Chunk Monster of AARghgh eeghhh my world.

Solace said:
It looks like today the lag beast has been joined by its friend the Chunk Monster of AARghgh eeghhh my world.

Indeed. I suspect they are working together to torment us.

commiedic

Air
I remember in Diablo 2 we would always joke as to that there was a 4th Lord. More evil then Diablo, Mephisto, and Baal. It was the Lord of Lag!

McGreed

TNT
We had the same joke on IRC, called the Lag Beast, and since it was a Krynn channel, it got RPed into the conversation all the time. :)

HelsEch

ICE ICE ICE!
A new horror has appeared in the world. One that can only be called similar to the Lag Beast. We dub her, the Latency Creature of Kin'don'gar. A horror leashed to the malicious bands of Blasphemy, she leaves illusions, attacks you from any range, and can disappear from sight at a whim. The Monarchy must have created this monstrosity with their dark, heretical form of alchemy to destroy the world. This creature appears benign and passive, but will easily tear you down in moments.

babb1e

Coal
HelsEch said:
A new horror has appeared in the world. One that can only be called similar to the Lag Beast. We dub her, the Latency Creature of Kin'don'gar. A horror leashed to the malicious bands of Blasphemy, she leaves illusions, attacks you from any range, and can disappear from sight at a whim. The Monarchy must have created this monstrosity with their dark, heretical form of alchemy to destroy the world. This creature appears benign and passive, but will easily tear you down in moments.

nope...we're good

GreekCrackShot

Legacy Supporter 7
First reading this, and I read "Darting around like a Hummingbird" and "lairs near Artemis..." I immediately thought of sheddi...

He's the only player I've ever seen use Blink, then sit in mid air for 10 seconds or so as if he's flying then appear 50 blocks ahead of you suddenly

applelove

Legacy Supporter 5
I never had a chance to fight sheddi myself, the only time I played with him was when we were fight Blasphemy together at ORE's outposts D:

jwplayer0

Legacy Supporter 6
The only person I ever fought on that map was bargraphics, and that was because we both had blink and an endless supply of the regents needed for it.

applelove

Legacy Supporter 5
I fought him several times before the spells were put in, and twice afterwards. All of my ambushes were won, but all our fights were lost to blink. Spongi I only fought once, and it was an excellent fight for minecraft, but he recalled before it was finished >.>