• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

The hero modpack

Merick76

Stone
I now understand in order to get a full Herocraft experience this is a very essential tool!

but i am not very avid with computers so pardon this question, its asking for the version of 1.6.4?
were currently on 1.7 something, will this be a problem to the installation and application of the mods?

or am i simply over-complicating things for myself

thank you for your time

ChrisTheEpic

Glowing Redstone
I'm pretty sure the Forge installer hasn't come out with a 1.7 update yet so unless you chose to stay on 1.6.4 your out of luck for the time being. I may be wrong, if so someone correct me .

JazzDesignation

Legacy Supporter 8
I now understand in order to get a full Herocraft experience this is a very essential tool!

but i am not very avid with computers so pardon this question, its asking for the version of 1.6.4?
were currently on 1.7 something, will this be a problem to the installation and application of the mods?

or am i simply over-complicating things for myself

thank you for your time

The server is on 1.6.4. The most recent stable release of Minecraft is 1.7, but we have not updated to it yet.

On the modpack page you will find step by step instructions on how to install and configure the modpack :)

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
1.7 can be used on the server now. However I have no idea how you do this and use the modpack... but it's being done I guess.

Merick76

Stone
excellent, i just installed it and everything works pleasantly, as far as i can tell haha

i hope all the little features get updated though, i would love to ride a horse on in the bitter north!

oh i did notice little to no passive mobs around, a few chickens maybe a stray sheep but nothing else, what happened to the lovably little creatures?

Last edited:

JazzDesignation

Legacy Supporter 8
1.7 can be used on the server now. However I have no idea how you do this and use the modpack... but it's being done I guess.

huh, i can still get on with 1.6.4... xD

oh i did notice little to no passive mobs around, a few chickens maybe a stray sheep but nothing else, what happened to the lovably little creatures?

Passive mobs are spawned by farmers, and have an extremely low natural spawn rate.

XenZan

Legacy Supporter 4
huh, i can still get on with 1.6.4... xD
Both 1.6.4 and 1.7 work when playing the server somehow. I've tried both. Not sure HOW that works, but take it for what it is, lol.
Regardless, I don't think there's even a forge version for 1.7 yet, nor have mods really updated to 1.7 either, so we'll have to wait until then for the mods on 1.7.

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
Both 1.6.4 and 1.7 work when playing the server somehow. I've tried both. Not sure HOW that works, but take it for what it is, lol.
Regardless, I don't think there's even a forge version for 1.7 yet, nor have mods really updated to 1.7 either, so we'll have to wait until then for the mods on 1.7.
What he said :D.

Merick76

Stone
thank you for your replies guys, its making this whole transition process to this server incredibly easy

both my friend and i had this big "oooooh" moment when i understood that farmers spawn passive mobs

one last question, is there a way to warp to haven? perhaps im using an improper command but it seems not to be working for me whatsoever

JazzDesignation

Legacy Supporter 8

Minecraft never likes to keep it simple... haha. Yea, most mods take a week or 2 to update.