• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion The Golden Tome of Desire

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
So...
with the new changes to the exp rates, I feel like throwing people into a luck-based scenario to obtain soul enlightment may be too harsh.

We're devising a golden tome that tells you your 6th class, in order to obtain this, you will need to gather 6 fragments from each tier of dungeon, these fragments when combined form the tome of desire, which is a one shot information of which class you need as your final unlock before legendary path.

The fragments will drop 1% of the time off the boss, will be trad-able to others and once crafted the tome can be traded as well.

We can also put this tome as a very rare drop in the crates or soul boxes. Out right buying the tome may be too heavily favored as p2w so im steering clear of that.

What do you think?

ThatAintFalco

Portal
I feel like that class should still be random. Munchlax had to master almost every single class to find his random class, and it's not fair to have a less time consuming way for people to find theirs.

I suggest changing to make the 6 fragments make a soul bound weapon instead. I feel like this would be better because it would display the achievement of grinding for these rare classes.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
I feel like that class should still be random. Munchlax had to master almost every single class to find his random class, and it's not fair to have a less time consuming way for people to find theirs.

I suggest changing to make the 6 fragments make a soul bound weapon instead. I feel like this would be better because it would display the achievement of grinding for these rare classes.
The thing is, this change is to attempt to prevent anyone from having to doing that.

There are really two ways to look at this revolving around its inaccessibility.

1. It is insanely difficult to obtain and should remain that way. This way only the absolute endgame players who deserve it can obtain it.

2. It is a bit TOO inaccessible as is, and should be possible for the average player with enough time to obtain it.

Personally, I think if you can get the first 5 classes of enlightenment the golden tome would at least give the player a direction to work towards. If they can get this far they have worked hard enough to deserve the class in my opinion.

Dwarfers

Legacy Supporter 6
Are we just going to stick with No-PvP in some dungeons and PvP in others? I assume restrictions for entry won't be planned since it would take too long and isn't totally what you want.

Last edited:

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
As much as I don't believe I would ever master enough classes(save for pure luck) just giving the final information out seems like too much. We want it to be end game right, dedication.

Can you set it to tell prof/combat or prof/sup/cast/warr/rogu

Or maybe trimming it down to 5 classes, like "You feel your golden path could be X, X, X, X or X

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
As much as I don't believe I would ever master enough classes(save for pure luck) just giving the final information out seems like too much. We want it to be end game right, dedication.

Can you set it to tell prof/combat or prof/sup/cast/warr/rogu

Or maybe trimming it down to 5 classes, like "You feel your golden path could be X, X, X, X or X
no

Fiskell

Coal
There are really two ways to look at this revolving around its inaccessibility.

1. It is insanely difficult to obtain and should remain that way. This way only the absolute endgame players who deserve it can obtain it.

2. It is a bit TOO inaccessible as is, and should be possible for the average player with enough time to obtain it.

Personally, I think if you can get the first 5 classes of enlightenment the golden tome would at least give the player a direction to work towards. If they can get this far they have worked hard enough to deserve the class in my opinion.
I agree with this at the moment you master those first five classes and your left thinking "Well, now I just have to continuously master classes until by some stroke of luck I master that sixth class. YAY" Do you really want to put people through that?