• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

The Gathering of Heroes - Order of the Sun (Forum Project)

xexorian

Admin ZeeZo
Retired Staff
Hello guys, since townships don't have their own sub-threads I decided to start this thread in the Member Discussion area of the forums.

Over the next INDEFINATE_TIME_FRAME I will be releasing Historical information regarding the morphing changes that have happened to the three kingdoms that have become known as the Order of the Sun. I will be including lore written by our members and edited by myself for better accuracy. I'll simply reply with a few long posts about each of the townships and their history from Sanctum, Zeal, Dragongarde, and our newest map and era, Bastion.

Please note that these stories were written by different parties involved so there may be some discrepancies between the actual events that unfolded and what the author's view point may have been. As I edit these I will not be changing the viewpoint to match that of mine, or expand upon event notations to note the actual on goings of the era. I prefer them to be more of a first person recount of the events describing them in the past.

*UPDATED*
//Sanctum to Zeal, "History of the Queen" by Xanipher.

The Order began in the Golden Age of the DH Empire during the Sanctum era. This Age of Righteousness was lead by Queen Xanipher. AND SO IT BEGINS THAT: On the coast in the land of Sanctum two wanderers known as S3nse and Emphatik built a small settlement near the tower of Xanipher and so they joined forces. The small town grew and many flocked to see the marvel that was NEWERTH-Known to all as an architectural Haven. Among those of fame and skill that joined Newerth: Bearcat99 Symbolite Blacklabelbobbie imperialbob gtastuntdude (other names) These fine Heroes built NEWERTH to a capital. Under direction of Xanipher and Symbolite UNDERDEEP was carved from the sea bottom, this was Sanctum's Jewel. A city under a massive underwater dome. So it is said Symbolite and Gtastuntdude were granted all rights and ownership of UNDERDEEP. There would be one more in this story... and this is the founding of TARANTIA. The skill of Blacklabelbobbie gave rise to the lion in the desert. A city of quiet power and so the final town was created in this land. This kingdom would be named... NEW EARTH ORDER! For her tireless contributions the people named their ruler as QUEEN XANIPHER. First Queen of SANCTUM, Glory to her. She ruled in fairness and peace. The Kingdom would not enter the wars and conflicts that plagued the land. Only in the defense of close allies and to protect their lands. This Kingdom was governed in part by a council of founders and wise architects. NEO would be known as a kingdom of builders, of creatives. Little did they know this great kingdom would live on forever, in new lands, new places, new names, but always NEWERTH as capital. PRIDE in that which is our eternal home. And so it came to pass that SANCTUM would come to a fiery end and from this the land of ZEAL surfaced. ALL GLORY TO THE RISE OF OS.. the history of which continued opposite of this.

Originally written by Xanipher In-Game from the King's Road in Newerth Capital of the Order of the rising Sun. Copied by Xexorian.
//END

//Sanctum to Zeal to DragonGarde and now Bastion, "History of KRS" by Dielan9999.

The Kingdom of the Rising Sun began with two. Akimoru and Gabizou. In a small town of T.O.P. with with a strong bond named RENS. After T.O.P. fell, Rens became a powerful Kingdom: Kingdom of the Rising Sun! This kingdom with Akimoru crowned King, built the very foundations of our people. Under Akimoru's and Gabizou's rule, the KRS council was gathered and thus, Dielan9999, Drastikos, Ironee212, Carmeops, Kingtom404, and Xexorian were accepted into our Kingdom. One day, Akimoru had to leave behind his people, and so the burden of leadership had fallen to Gabizou. Under him, KRS prospered as the age of SANCTUM ended. Thus, the age of ZEAL began. The people of KRS rebuilt their Capital under the name of Shin Kyoto. During the age of Shin Kyoto Gabizou made Dielan the Mayor of the new Capital with Gabizou as King. Under Dielan and Carmeops rule, KRS founded two additional towns for its Kingdom: Fudoshi and Tokyo 3. With Fudoshi being led by Roba and Tokyo 3 by Ironee212 and thus the foundation of KRS was set. The times in ZEAL were hard on KRS with only SK and Fudoshi in official town status. Dark times were in store and Gabizou made his leave from KRS. Thus, Dielan took on the burden of leadership and watch over KRS. Dielan kept the towns alive and kicking, but it wasn't really prospering..Suddenly in a BLAZE of GLORY Gabizou returned to KRS, to lead us to victory. It wasn't quite enough however, due to the harsh rules placed by the gods on how Kingdoms are now made, IT WAS THEN THAT KRS JOINED ALLIES WITH NEO TO FORM THE ALMIGHTY Order of the Sun! WITH THE COMBINED RULE OF GABIZOU AND XANIPHER OS became KINGDOM! OS thrived throughout the rest of the age of Zeal. It was OS that was first to fight when the Heroes of Zeal stood against the Tree Creepers in defense of IRONPASS. Thus the Age of Zeal had ended, and DRAGONGARDE had begun.

The people of OS, united and strong went forth to found the great new kingdom known as the XANDRIA DOMINION! In the Age of Dragongarde King Gabizou passed the rite of leadership down to Dielan and it was he who addressed the OS Council to elect the next King. Dielan did not want the throne to himself and thus the people of OS crowned KING XEXORIAN. Under Xexorian's rule during the Age of DG the OS Kingdom went from a Kingdom of GOLD to a Kingdom of IRON. It was with this new outlook, that XD was able to crush all who opposed it's interests. During the Age of DG, Xandria Dominion formed an alliance with the old Kingdom of Edolas from the Age of Sanctum, and XD also took over a strong township of fighters named ALTUM. During their time in XD, Altum pursuaded Lord Victor the XD war master to attack the newly acquired KOE town of CANTERLOT. Vengeance was not enough for the CT leaders, they thanked their kinsmen for the aid, but plotted in secrecy. One day, CT pulled from the Dominion and declared war on XD, while doing so. With that, Lord Victor had returned to finish what he was tricked into starting. This time, with King Xexorian's blessings. With victory over CT fresh in our hearts the age of DG had ended and the Age of Bastion had begun, and from then on our mighty empire had taken the name of the Order of the rising Sun! Long Live the King!

Original Story written by Dielan9999 In-Game from the King's Road in Newerth
Capital of the Order of the rising Sun. Copied by Xexorian.
//END

//Canterlot during the DragonGarde Era
EtKEnn and his friend Millejinta87 were the only ones from Camelot who made it out of the destroyed Zeal ruins alive. They both fled to the world of Dragonguarde. There they built the township known as Canterlot with EtKEnn as leader, and Millejinta87 as SiC. The town grew in members and times were good.

Canterlot had a network of allies surrounding them. Their population grew faster than ever before and soon the township was soon full of active people. During these days, EtKEnn and the great WoleverEntun planned to re-make a Kingdom called Kingdom of Edolas together, with the town Lightforge as Capital and Canterlot as it's second town. They built the town Belegost to bind LF and CT together, Millejinta87 and Haxnn (SiC of Lightforge) stepped in as Co-Mayors of Belegost.

The Kingdom of Edolas was formed, however they just needed the coin. The days grew darker because of internal conflicts. The Kingdom of Xandria Dominion, became stronger extremely fast in the region and WoleverEntun was on the edge of joining XD to make LightForge stand stronger. EtKEnn tried his best to convince him not, but it was too late. Lightforge joined XD and the remnants of KoE were absorbed. Belegost and Canterlot followed soon after, seeing they could not keep a strong Kingdom without LF's support. They all bent their knees for the Mighty King xexorian, for he was the Viceroy of Nevermore and King of The Dominion. His minions were many and strong.

After ages of peace, the outpost City of Altum made several attempts to attack and destroy Canterlot. EtKEnn begged King xexorian to step in and help Canterlot, but his words fell on deaf ears. After weeks of attacks and Canterlot rapidly growing weaker, XD took action. The City of Altum was attacked by the combined forces of XD and defeated utterly.

However, the long time XD took to response made the King hated among Canterlot's citizens and it's leaders. That hatred was never vanquished, and it would see ill events unfold in the future. The war was won, but to a price. Canterlot was close to death and they felt betrayed. Some wanted war against XD, but EtKEnn saw that as weakened as Canterlot were, they would never be able to stand up against the Might of the Dominion.

A time of peace was at hand, Canterlot started growing again and times were good once again. The citizen Jotamota became SiC of Canterlot and he started massive projects of beautifying the town and recruiting new members. The town grew in numbers and wealth. Jotamota managed a lot of things and took a lot of the weight of responsibility EtKEnn used to have. Canterlot grew to become one of the largest active towns in Dragonguard and they became confident. Perhaps a bit too confident.. because EtKEnn started having thoughts of Freedom. To go back to a Neutral state without any King's or Prince's to decide over him and his town again, just like it was in the world of Zeal.

In the early period, thoughts of going against XD were few and minor. But later, EtKEnn grew tired of the corruption he saw in the Council where the two towns Nevermore and Newerth had 5-8 representatives, where as Canterlot had merely 2. He suggested equal rule several times, but the Prince's and King wouldn't hear of it. His thoughts of Freedom grew stronger and one day he expressed himself in public about his mischief with the Dominion. The King was outragous, how could this happen? A town that doesn't support him entirely? This needs to be dealt with accordingly, xexorian thought.

One early morning, Jotamota and EtKEnn were outside Canterlot working on the main gates when the SiC of Newerth, Victim130, showed up. He stood there for a couple of minute, then he suddenly attacked Jotamota and EtKEnn. EtKEnn and Jotamota were overwhelmed, they didn't have tools for fighting as they were just building on their gates. In their eyes, an allied Leader had showed up on their gates and slayed them. EtKEnn minutes later declared war on the town Newerth because of the Incident, minutes later, the King of the Dominion himself showed up at Canterlot and supported Victim130 and they kept attacking Canterlot. The King declared Canterlot traitors to the throne!

In the following Weeks, EtKEnn stood against the might of XD with his citizens. However, a few people joined in on Canterlot's side and helped them in the war. Towns like xxxmastown, Erebos and Legacy supported XD, but Canterlot got help from the small Kingdom of FE. Individuals like MajorasMask joined Canterlot and gave EtKEnn advice trough these though times.

After a month of constant fighting, a Ceasefire was brought in place. There were still small attacks from either side, but they became smaller and fewer. Later on, Canterlot were moved by admins to a new location because it was going to crash with Nevermore if it stayed at the same spot. Guilds like Tree Creepers attacked Canterlot often, but the town survived.

After months of Chaos, Glory and War, the world of Dragonguard started falling to Ruin. EtKEnn gathered the remnants of his strength and prepared his people to move on to a new world once more.
//End[DOUBLEPOST=1366121751,1366074346][/DOUBLEPOST]Dielan9999

xexorian

Admin ZeeZo
Retired Staff
//Recount of events leading up to the DRAGON EMPIRE and rise of the XANDRIA DOMINION//
Hello again, this time I will write a short story about how the Dragon Empire came into existence and it's downfall shortly before it was formed.

Back when Zeal was being turn asunder by the Zo there were three kingdoms that united. New Earth Order, Kingdom of the Rising Sun, which had become Order of the Sun, and finally Kingdom of Edolas who was pretty much located about 200 to 400 blocks from the Order's nearest edge. We basically protected them most of the last half of the map. This, and other alliances I had made by PVPing, proved fruitful to me when I seeked out to create a community stronger than what we had before.

We started a forum (now against the rules to talk about) at the time, and we began drawing up plans to begin the first and probably only construction of a true empire. We discussed township layouts and I relayed questions to Kainzo. Unfortunately after all of our planning and premeditation Kainzo told us 2 weeks prior to the release of DragonGarde that our townships could not hug regions as they had in the past, and that we cold not build them side by side to create a super city/kingdom state with our towns expanding out from there. Months of planning went into this project and utter chaos ensued just prior to the map release.

Shortly after the release Newerth was formed, and within four days we had contacted all of the leaders of the Dragon Empire I had come in contact with over the prior months. I then placed the centers of the townships of Newerth, Nevermore, Lightforge, and eventually Canterlot. I even paid for many of the townships costs. In the end I owned about 80% of Newerth through funding (Help was provided by Nevermore's citizens donations.) I had also provided Lightforge several thousand coins and funded the creation of 3 other townships that became failed projects.

During this early time of DragonGarde we were extremely territorial and I was a beguiler at the time. Fireball, Piggify, Fireball, Fireball, Dead. It was kind of overpowered because the melee damage at the time for the class would be 60 in the new system, and the fireball damage was 100-150 (if compared.) After fighting off random townships starting in our area and preventing them to start up I earned kind of a bad reputation as a tyrannical king. However, in reality I was quite helpful, and we were just protecting our lands for our future expansion, even though the rules stated that if we expanded, being the older town, we would be able to get them moved. More on this later.

Sometime during the middle of DragonGarde a strong PVPer from the Altum Kingdom formed by mostly foreigners (non NA people) that I had made friends with had splintered off from Nevermore and was attacking our allies. I was forced to kick him and then he joined Altum, afterwhich we waged war with and were winning. Unfortunately this discouraged our strongest enemies and after only a few weeks of fighting and losing they quit to go play League and pretty much whined about our excessive numbers. My philosophy was simple, don't prod the beehive if you don't wanna get stung. Sometime around this time I left the Beguiler class after their damage was turned WAYYYY down and they were no longer able to pvp fairly against any other class in the game. I was very upset so I decided to roll a Healer and during my time as a Cleric I became a great PvPer. I had 10v1'd people on the regular (as most were still unspecced for some reason.)

After becoming a Cleric and defeating most of our stronger enemies, TC were weak at this time, I thought it was best to focus on my township of Nevermore and then began construction on server projects. I applied to become a Server Architect and though never officially granted the title, as I held 3 other staff positions at the time, I was allowed to help build the MobArenas and work on WarShard shortly before it's release. Xpeterc and a handful of other architects allowed me to build and add on to the homes and redstone contraptions of the original WarShard map. They also encouraged me to build a FFA PVP MobArena under the spawn known as the Pirate Cove. Unfortunately the MobArena plugin was disabled on the WarShard world so it never came into fruition. After this and after Colossus was released I basically took our township of Nevermore into the nether with the help of Dielan9999, our local Necromancer, and we took people to the MobArenas to level our citizens so we weren't outnumbered by specced raiders.

It was a nice and peaceful time around this era, however Nevermore and the Kingdom of the Xandria Dominion were attacked by griefers and people who hacked my account. Our entire township was destroyed and in one case we lost well over 350 double chests full of stacks of every item in the game. We were rich, and now we were poor. Unfortunately we were not reinbursed for anything that wasn't in our LWC's, and even then I lost over 80 chests of personal belongings and Ironee and Dielan lost over 40 as well. Sometime after rebuilding nevermore for a 5th and final time, (we took down our "Disney Castle" I personally hated the reference.) we were thrown into a conflict by Canterlot. EtKEnn had revealed in public that he had no respect for anyone in the kingdom and specifically called out our leadership. This enraged me and victim apparently, because before 8 minutes could pass where I was writing a reply to him in private, EtKEnn responded with we are now at war.

I logged into the game and found out that Victim130 had went to the gates of CT to call them out and just slaughtered Kenn and Jotamota. I guess Kenn should've known better than to make a ridiculous post insulting all of our mayors/sics/etc and not be prepared for a little scuffle. Jotamota blew it out of proportion when I showed up to ask them why they had done this and why they were betraying their kingdom. Apparently MajorasMask (whom I already seethed with hatred at) was standing behind the gate -- I could see his name tag -- this put me on edge, as there were about 6 more names behind the gate. I will give credit here, being only victim130 and myself, I was not confident that we could survive a 6v2 with 6 specced people all rushing us, especially with the lava traps and other things outside CT's gates. Right before I could ask them to only send one person out all 6 of them gathered at the gate and punched through the dirt, jotamota was the first out and I killed him on the spot.

Apparently this threw him into some sort of mad fury, even seeing as how he lost nothing from the death, and then the entirety of Canterlot came at us. Needless to say, we camped their gates and did not let them escape with their lives. They shot at us endlessly from their walls and we just camped and dodged their meager attempts to weaken us. I finally grew bored of the conflict that day and the days following and tired from slaughtering their unspecced noobs. I told EtKEnn and Jotamota that I did not want to discourage their players into quitting herocraft as we had so many before. My past was catching up with me and Nevermore declared a Cease Fire on the war with Canterlot.

We only played a few months more, and decided to go kingdom anyway. Unfortunately our hatred for CT did not let up, and when their township collided with the expanding capital regions for Nevermore they PE'd that night (that i was offline) to have their region moved. We in Nevermore thought that CT has lost it's regions, as this was during a period of inactivity where Kenn had not logged on for several weeks, according to the hc.to/lastseen commands that were still in game. However, this was buggy and apparently he was in-game. Even the Administration at the time had said he was offline for 4 weeks+ so we had thought their regions were lost due to inactivity. Using the rule that says that any structure within 100 blocks of a townships region was illegal, we asked the admins if it was possible to claim the township as an entirety.

There was some confusion as this had never been done before, and we had assumed with the other Administration that this would be OK. I then - within 18 hours of CT "Losing" it's region - began to take it down and return it to the mountain range that it used to be. Needless to say, shortly after the utter destruction of the entire town of Canterlot we had came to realize that they had actually MOVED their regions and that they had done this without following protocol, they did not move their LWC's or rebuild their township prior to the move as was clearly outlined in the rules. We had actually seen this and that's why we assumed their regions were lost, and not that the township was MOVED.

Finally, the day of reckoning came, and about 2 days after the destruction of Canterlot (literally) Kainzo stepped in and told us we were in the wrong, and that the township was considered EtKEnn's wildhome until they could finish moving their things, and investigation ensued and we returned valuables from their chests then I was banned for a long time.

After my return, we began immediate work on going Kingdom. Unfortunately as we neared completion of all kingdom requirements the entire server was DDoS'd just before we could fund the money requirement of it. Due to several other losses I haven't mentioned here in this writing that Nevermore and Newerth suffered.

This marked the beginning of the end for the DragonGarde era and we immediately began making plans for a continuation of the Xandria Dominion on the new map, Bastion.
//END

Droowid

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
The following accounts are poorly-remembered, except for stuff I found in old text files. Sorry for all the names I inaccurately add, swap, or exclude. Also, I have a bad history of dying computers, lost internet, and sometimes just plain inactivity, so there are huge gaps. Them's the breaks. It should be also noted that my first-person account

//Newerth during Kingdom map//

BUT FIRST, A BIT OF BACKGROUND... It was during Kingdom that classes first came into play. Throughout all of Castle, the previous map, levels were not tied directly to stats - they simply allowed you to learn higher-level spells, which you had to explore on your own to find (or get info through connections). This was actually a really cool gimmick, and I wish they still had a few hidden spells. All the mazes/dungeons for the spells were awesome. Early kingdom, base classes were implemented. Very few class features fully worked in these days except gear restrictions. The idea to split combat and crafting classes hadn't been actualized yet, so you had to choose between the awesome features of profs like Miner and Mason and being able to fight anyone, ever, under any circumstances. Newerth has always been mostly made of noncombatants, so we all learned a lot about building towns that were both defensible and aesthetically pleasing.

WHEN KINGDOM WENT LIVE we were ready. We all sprinted South a thousand blocks or so and began clearing a massive area. I had just joined at the very end of Castle, and was just another eager noob at the time. The town was led by S3nse, Xanipher, Myutlonghorns and TheTxLibra, among others. Support for merging cities together into a kingdom was only a talked-about concept at this time, and we mostly kept to ourselves. Vanilla MC was being updated all the time because of how much work there still was to be done, and server coders worked furiously to keep the game running on current version. Eventually the worldgen algorithm had changed so much, with so many new materials to be spawned, another map wipe was announced and the server emptied into a ghost town. This is probably why all staff immediately stifle you if you say "wipe" in any context in any channel :)

ZEAL WAS THE GOLDEN ERA for many Herocraft vets. Heroes plugin was really starting to take shape, with combat/profs split, purchasable real-estate within the Zeal region, and a thriving economy. Chest shops weren't class-restricted, and powerful merchants, including Airbus101 and myself, set up gigantic trade posts in Zeal and in many major cities, gathering enough wealth to quite directly control (and thankfully, nurture) the economy. This was a huge boon to newbies - who actually want to buy things - as well as people embarking on massive building projects, realizing they could now effectively trade their valuable items for ridiculous quantities of raw materials for around 1c per stack.

THE NEW EARTH ORDER (NEO) was founded on Zeal with Xanipher crowned queen. In my humble opinion, this was the prettiest Newerth we ever built. Massive skyscrapers and a metropolitan road system made the constant flow of people through its open gates seem right at home. We were an open trade city, and many people travelled considerable distances for goods at WAY better rates than they could get in their own hometowns. It was great. The Kingdom of the Rising Sun, ruled by Gabizou, was our neighbor and ally for what seemed like eternity. Well before the kingdoms actually merged, we had been trading citizens and permissions, and helping each other with massive building projects. Looking back, I can't even remember which cities belonged to who. Eventually, NEO and KRS merged together into the Order of the Sun. I always thought KRS-NEO was a good name because it sounds like one of my favorite musical artists... oh well. It was around this time that King Xexorian joined the server, and was fostered into the awesomeplex he is today by our friendly and helpful horde of bored veterans. Mob spawners weren't illegal yet, and spawner XP wasn't nerfed, so our double-skeleton spawner just outside of town was a secret attraction across the whole server. It was during this time, I like to brag, that I welcomed many players who are now server staff to their first steps into herocraft, including Brutalacerate ^_^
Notable NEO/KRS cities that I remember:
OverDeep, which also contained UnderDeep, a masterwork omnibus of Symbolite and gtastuntdude's skill in shaping patterned glass domes.
SkyForge, a city that has been built and built again as many times as Newerth, always an impressive floating city
Shin Kyoto, Gabizou's wooden oriental-inspired masterpiece
Winterfell, our first dedicated pvp town, led by the drama queen/traitor victim130 who hadn't yet turned drama queen/traitor. It should be noted that, for all his whining, betrayal, and faults, victim130 has done a LOT for the kingdom over its lifetime, donating thousands of his own coins and other resources for the good of the many. His rise, and fall, and rise, and fall, and rise, and most recently, fall, have been a source of sadness and conflict for me.
Huge Chunk Error, possibly the largest dig project in HC history. Most of it was done by me and sidesummy. I wish I had the dimensions still written down. It was named in reference to an old glitch during Zeal, where sometimes entire chunks would take a long time to load and the earth suddenly dropped off down to bedrock, exposing all the ores along the "wall" where the earth ended, causing many "accidental xray" 1x1 holes straight down to diamonds... but I digress. HCE was a gigantic chunk of missing earth, and a wonder to behold. This was before enchants, before excavate, before anything. We did most of it with stone picks, one slow block at a time. Once the dig was complete, summy constructed a massive dragon head, roughly the size of the entire dragon at spawn, and started zoning the ground below (a layer of grass 1 block above bedrock). He eventually got enough citizens to get a city region, and dubbed it Huge Chunk Error, the best name ever. At the time of me posting this, summy has gone inactive because of admins picking on him and being upset about the miner's ridiculously overpowered excavate being tuned down a bit, but it needs noted that he dug out most of the current Newerth's core as well, which may even be a larger project than HCE. If you dig into the outer caves at the lowest part of Newerth's core, you can see a massive mural of sidesummy, in his Invader Zim "Gir" skin, holding a diamond pick up triumphantly.

IT WAS DURING THIS TIME that some children (and 20somethings with the minds of children) took the basic oak tree skin I used, slapped some stupid masks over the face and began calling themselves Tree Creepers. They would later diversify the skin with some leafy aesthetics. Their MO was harassment, exploitation, and abuse of the rules wherever possible. Many were, have been, and are still being, banned for violations that stem from a complete lack of regard for fair play and sportsmanship within PVP. They continue to change skins and names, but the core concept remains the same: Break as many rules as you can get away with, and then hide behind those same rules when people come down on you with the righteous hammer of vengeance. This is why you hear the meanest people on the server say the word 'harassment' the most in public chat. Before TCs, there was a good chance that if you met someone in the wild, you would meet, and talk, and go on your separate ways. After months of people being suddenly murdered by 6+ violent sociopaths whenever they left city walls, HeroCraft society started to turn towards the dark path treads to this very day. A well-known tourist and pacifist myself, I eventually changed my skin to the newly-released Spruce tree after being confused with a TC and butchered/buried in lava a few hundred times. It still happens to me.

***tape missing*** (here's where I lost internet for a while)

EDIT: These days, reportedly, the Tree Creepers are a respectable organization under new leadership. From what I have gathered, the sociopath children (and adults with the minds of sociopath children) interested first and foremost in the detriment the experience of other herocraft players have migrated to something known as "Umbra." The MO remains the same: Break as many rules as you can get away with, while at the same time invoking rules against harassment from the people you goad into using no-no words such as "fag." The aim is causing as much damage to everyone they can affect as possible, through brinksmanship and exploiting, relying on inconsistent application of rules by admins for safety. If you are ever murdered 10v1, and then repeatedly taunted by obnoxious internet e-bonics catch phrases that somehow don't count as poop, these days it was probably members of Umbra. By the time you read this, they may have changed names again, but the core concept remains the same: Make the server a worse place to be for no reason.

THE BIRTH OF CAMELOT was sudden and quiet. Late into zeal I managed to get a working desktop again, and gave Barbas0l, an old account I bought in alpha to an RL friend. At first, I got thim to come to Newerth with me, but by this time the city was fully developed and had begun to stagnate. Barbas0l, a self-motivated, driven, and natural leader, struck off further South and found a bunch of abandoned mines under a very impressive natural mountain. By the next day, he had hollowed out the inside and flattened the top, building a tiny keep atop it. From a distance, we both thought it looked like the castle from this scene of one of our favorite childhood movies, and so we named it Camelot and Barb immediately switched to a King Arthur skin. We got two other RL friends, Toastman474 and mystic0, to join us. For a short while, we went unnoticed by the world, having leveled the upper structure and hidden ourselves inside the mountain. Inspired by both sidesummy's Huge Chunk Error and the recreation of the Halls of Moria from the LoTR movie, I dug out my own massive cavern below, leaving in four gigantic stalagmite columns that reached all the way from bedrock to surface, tapering at the middle. Darkrooms hadn't yet been banned, and we had the good luck to have 4 separate mob spawners, and so the floors of Moria crawled with monsters. Lifts were installed from the citizen lots at the top of the castle, allowing them to have a basement in the cieling of Moria overlooking the chaos below. It was a great idea and I miss it dearly. Meanwhile, up above, me and barbas0l (mostly him) flattened the sides of the mountain into sheer walls, and the mountain transformed into an imposing castle.

Tired of the raids that began as word spread of the wonders of Camelot and Moria, we easily recruited enough for township status and used a small fraction of the wealth we had generated from my Zeal shop to officially found Camelot. The core of Moria had turned into a giant storage vault, and an impressive round table was constructed within a throne room in the castle above. Metal Fence gates were implemented, and we began setting up traps and airlocks all throughout the entire complex. I had begun negotiating with OS about our potentially being absorbed into the up-and-coming kingdom. Things were really shaping up when my hard drive fried itself and I went over a year without ready internet access. If not for my gaming consoles and public libraries, I would have descended into utter madness. From what I gather, Barbas0l went inactive shortly thereafter, and our dedicated recruits carried the torch of Camelot, for good or ill, through the coming months.

***computer failure - tapes end***

I RETURNED TO FIND Zeal wiped, and a new map, Dragongarde, also having come and gone, with us now late into Bastion. As the culmination of over a year of effort, the Order of the Sun is finally a kingdom and we are free to begin massive building projects anywhere within an incredible area. A new golden era may finally be upon us. Glory to the Sun!

ROLL CREDITS
NEWERTH/NEO/KRS/OS
enigma365 - Mayor of Pre-Ancient Newerth (Before Castle)
Bearcat99 - Mayor of Ancient Newerth (Kingdom)
lucky644 - Council Member (Castle)
FFLaguna - Veteran (Castle)
Alente - Lord of the Wiki
IKaosI - SiC (Sanctum), Architect
Shenorai - Architect

S3nse - Founding Member, Mayor of Many Newerths (Sanctum, Zeal)
TheTxLibra - Architect of Ancient Newerth (Kingdom)
MyutLonghorns - Mayor of Ancient Newerth (Kingdom)
Nuin - Council Member of NEO (Sanctum)
Buddahhopper - Council Member (Before Castle). Donated stacks of gold blocks. Donated thousands and thousands of his own coins.
Xanipher - Previously Queen of NEO, which merged with KRS to become the Order of the Sun. Donated thousands and thousands of her own coins. Served as Mayor and Queen.
NOBLES

Arngrim - Council Member of NEO
Kingtom404 - Council Member of NEO
Droowid - Founding Member of NEO (Kingdom, Sanctum). City Banker/Economy Master on several maps. Donated thousands and thousands of his own coins.
AfroDave - Veteran of NEO
Afro7897 - Veteran of NEO
DThielke - Coder Extroardinare
steamed - Council Member of NEO
bluejack404 - The Jack of Lapis
mattripp - Veteran of NEO, Prestigious Mason
BlackLabelBobbie - Veteran of NEO, Master of Lighthouses
shadrxninga - coder
Drastikos - Veteran of NEO
Ironee23 - Veteran of OS
Dielan9999 - Veteran of OS
RightLegRed - Also a coder!
Diavolo1988 - We're the same age
Jloy1 - Council Member of OS Donated thousands and thousands of his own coins.
gabizou - Previously king of KRS, which merged with NEO to become the Order of the Sun.
sidesummy - Lord of the Huge Chunk Error, the greatest cave in Herocraft history. The ultimate miner. Donated thousands and thousands of his own coins.
gtastuntdude - Lord of Overdeep
Symbolite - Lord of Overdeep. Donated thousands and thousands of his own coins.
FFLaguna - The original Master Wizard.
victim130 - Lord of Winterfell. Donated thousands and thousands of his own coins.

Nobles I have no data on
Acherous
Savathaflava
Sirdemonic3
TheMormon

Hall of Shame - most of this is heresay, oh well HERE GOES
Xanipher - Falsely promised reimbursement of coins spent on duped goods. oversaw their destruction and then backed out on the coin reimbursement, destroying one of our many attempts at becoming a kingdom
Kainzo - Repeated bending of his own rules and admins' ruling against the formation of the Kingdom of the Order of the Sun, including the (repealed) banning of our King.
Etkenn, the False King
Tree Creepers - Impersonating Droowid and causing future generations to attack all tree-skinned players.
victim130 - quitting, and rejoining, and quitting, and rejoining, and most recently quitting again, with some finality, always over petty drama

CAMELOT
barbas0l - our founding father and lord. sacrificed much to keep us all together. in all things, a fair and just ruler.
Droowid - co-founder, master of the great Moria dungeon/darkroom
toastman474 - pre-town member. moria work. MASSIVE economic assistance. We owe him piles and piles of gold
Fryguy0 - pre-town member. moria work. docktown.
Mystic0 - pre-town member. lots of moria work.
HappyHarlequin - pre-town member.
optimistictincan - pre-town member. moria work
DrMadFellow - upper tier beautification. so much work. most of the wall.
HadesEnvoy - Last touches of moria. Lots of the wall. Lots of the noble tier.
aubdog124 - lots of work in noble tier
millejinta87 aka EvilThor - lots of work in the noble tier. moria work
gooscar - lots of work in moria
alexhoff1 - noble tier work
Etkenn
Haxnn

GET TAGGED, BITCHES
Kainzo lucky644 Droowid EtKEnn xexorian barbas0l Xanipher Brutalacerate bearcat99 Haxnn alexhoff1 gooscar EvilThorOptimistictincan victim130 FFLaguna Alente Shenorai s3nse
TheTXLibra BuddahHopper Mystic0 Toastman474 Nuin Afro7897

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
You were a member of Camelot on Zeal I believe.

Also I'm thinking of writing a little something for this thread.

I'll probably write down a more detailed version of Canterlot's DG history and add a new section for the Bastion history.

Droowid

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
I was tagged why?

Because, regardless of what has happened since, you were one of the most important early members of Camelot (and reportedly, later, Los Bandidos), and I will always love you no matter what anyone says. <3 my violent nordic friends

MatTripp

Legacy Supporter 8
WOoo i miss those days! I know i havent been playing but life is really crazy right now, work and bills and such. But i am still here and hopefully can find time to play again :)

xexorian

Admin ZeeZo
Retired Staff
WOoo i miss those days! I know i havent been playing but life is really crazy right now, work and bills and such. But i am still here and hopefully can find time to play again :)

Let me know when that time comes, miss ya man. :)
xexorian - Yo dawg, you forgot Imperium and the war with the Skyrim kingdom we ended up in near the end of Dragongarde after the CT issue but before the DDoS.

In the meantime, you should play some WoW with us, we're rerolling Horde now on Antonidas.

gtastuntdude

Legacy Supporter 7
From my memory, wasn't NEO formed in Sanctum with Newerth, Tarantia, and Underdeep? It had been OS that arose in Zeal I believe with the union of NEO and KRS.

Then again I never paid much attention to politics.