• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion The Community Class- Hydromancer

Ultanian

Portal
I had a quick thought- how about we, as the HC community, suggest our own custom class? Here's how this would work:

For the first day, you guys post the name of the class you'd like to be added. The highest liked/positive post gets chosen and edited into the main post below. The next day (or one after that) you guys suggest a skill for the class, and continuing the trend. After about a month or so, we should have a class full of community picked skills and abilities.

Here's what we have so far:

Hydromancer - Water Mage, Slows and Water PvP emphasis
Level 1 (passive): WaterPressure
Every 10 seconds, adds 1 to WaterPressure. Max WaterPressure is 5 + 0.1 per intellect point. Recharge rate doubled if underwater. WaterPressure is reset to zero upon usage of certain skills.
Level 1: Bubble
You fire a bubble at your target, suspending them in the air for 0.5 seconds per WaterPressure and 5 blocks high +.1 per charisma point. When bubble pops deals X amount of damage plus fall damage. Resets WaterPressure.
Level 4: WaterWeight
Dependant on armor target has equipped, target sinks 1 + 1 per WaterPressure blocks per 5 endurance equip weight used. Resets WaterPressure.
Level 8: OxygenThief
The target's lungs are filled with water, making them lose air for 10 + 0.5 seconds per WaterPressure. Note: Only does damage if WaterPressure is present. Resets WaterPressure.
Level 10: Gills
Same as current gills on other classes.

Credits to the following:
@Dsawemd
@Isaaclite
@Jasquan
@FuzyLogick

Last edited:

mikehk

Legacy Supporter 6
Armsmaster - adaptable warrior, flows with combat, changing fighting style according to combat situation.

Last edited:

pure_autism

Legacy Supporter 5
Aeromancer - Mage of the wind. TornadoKick, WingGale, WindWalk, a jump boost skill, etc.

Last edited:

Jasquan

Legacy Supporter 9
aw man suggestions are fun things tho. I'm bad with numbers/attributes, so I'd have you guys fill 'em in, I guess.

Name: Sink (god someone find me a proper name)
Desc: You fill your targets armor with heavy water, dealing X + Y damage, and slows them based on their armor weight. If they're in water, they get pulled down towards the bottom. They get pulled faster the heavier armor they have. Lasts X + Y seconds. (X being the regular number, Y being the primary stat thingie)

Haven't included level, as I dunno what level would fit. I also dunno if this would be too strong (or weak) from a balance standpoint, to be honest, I haven't really played that much for a long time. I'm just here to give ideas. I just like the armor-weight based thing. It of course wouldn't work if the target wasn't wearing armor. Have fun doing this thing :>

agedbear

A frightening Cactus!
Skill: oxygen thief - you fill the lungs of your target with water, even when on land. Target is afflicted with "drowning" (i don't know the minecraft status effect name) where they are out of oxygen and loosing health. Effects last for 3 seconds + .1 sec for every 5 charisma

Last edited:

HeroGuy426

Glowstone
Skill: Flood
Desc: You flood a (4block diameter) + (1block per 10 CHA) circle with water, surrounded by ice. The water does (5 DMG) + (.1 DMG Per INT). If a player walks on the ice border, they get slowness 2 for (1 second) + (.1 seconds per CHA).
Cost: Water Bottle/Water Bucket, idk which one would be more fit. Maybe something else would work better, idk. <med-amount> Mana, <small-amount> Stamina.
CD: 1Min

dingytoothpaste

Glowing Redstone
Name: Water Orb
Desc: The Hydromancer creates an orb of water and propels it forward at a single target with high accuracy) Single targeting skill range = 5 ( 0.25*Int ), Damage = 40 + ( 0.75 * Int ), cooldown = 6.5 seconds.

Last edited:

Isaaclite

TNT
Skill: Bubble
Description: You fire a bubble ( I guess it would be in the form of a snowball, like fireball or icebolt), and if it hits a target, he/she will slowly float up 5 blocks + 0.1 blocks per charisma point. The target will stay up for 2 seconds, then the bubble will pop, dealing x damage (and the target falls)

Isaaclite

TNT
Before we move on into higher lvl skills, I think we should have a vote on ideas for a passive skill unique to hyrdromancer (at lvl 1).
Here's my suggestion:

HydroBuildup
Description: Over time, and using skills, you can increase your water pressure that you are storing in for a later attack. Every 20 seconds, you will gain a stack of "water pressure", and you will also gain a stack (up to 5 stacks + 0.1 whatever point) from using certain skills (particularly more defensive ones). Each stack of water pressure will lower your agility stat slightly, however, stacks of water pressure will increase the damage and knockback of your next offensive skill (like the skill Bubble, shown above). Upon using an offensive skill, you will lose all your stacks and gain back the agility, starting over again.
A passive skill like this will require hydromancers to use their skills in the proper order and timing, and it will require the players to have some skill in playing the class (allowing hyrdromancers to have a unique and different play style from other casters). Hydromancers may have to make smart choices in expending lower stacks earlier, or waiting for the right moment when he/she has gained the maximum number of stacks (but at the cost of agility), because the stacks should increase the damage of offensive skill exponentially (to make things more interesting).

Ultanian

Portal
Before we move on into higher lvl skills, I think we should have a vote on ideas for a passive skill unique to hyrdromancer (at lvl 1).
Here's my suggestion:

HydroBuildup
Description: Over time, and using skills, you can increase your water pressure that you are storing in for a later attack. Every 20 seconds, you will gain a stack of "water pressure", and you will also gain a stack (up to 5 stacks + 0.1 whatever point) from using certain skills (particularly more defensive ones). Each stack of water pressure will lower your agility stat slightly, however, stacks of water pressure will increase the damage and knockback of your next offensive skill (like the skill Bubble, shown above). Upon using an offensive skill, you will lose all your stacks and gain back the agility, starting over again.
A passive skill like this will require hydromancers to use their skills in the proper order and timing, and it will require the players to have some skill in playing the class (allowing hyrdromancers to have a unique and different play style from other casters). Hydromancers may have to make smart choices in expending lower stacks earlier, or waiting for the right moment when he/she has gained the maximum number of stacks (but at the cost of agility), because the stacks should increase the damage of offensive skill exponentially (to make things more interesting).
That's a really unique idea, would be interesting type of method to fighting. Kind of like bloodmage, although you gain the bonus by not attacking.... Me likey.

HeroGuy426

Glowstone
Here's my suggestion:

HydroBuildup
UltNachopony said it was unique but THB there's Bloodmage, as he said, and I suggested a warden class with something similar to this. But anyway, yea this would be cool +1.

HeroGuy426

Glowstone
Also, it'd be cool if bubble could be used on yourself, so then you can get places at the cost of health. Bubble would have to have a much higher cd than duration, like maybe since the duration is 5 seconds + .1 per CHA, the cd would be like 20 seconds. Eh, it'd probably have like 30 second cd anyway for balance, so yea, bubble on yourself. Suggestion.