• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion The Big Cap.

dragonzero39

Legacy Supporter 7
Afternoon everyone, hope this comes across as a good topic and idea.

As you know, every day tons of new people log into Herocraft and begin their Hero adventure, and one of the first things suggested by a guide after they have been whitelisted and completed the tutorial, is to join a town. Our recent ability to upgrade, reduce lag, and remain a top ranked server on multiple websites, makes us a hotspot for players to come try a new experience. Currently there is a town cap, that has been hit; and as we all know, the map Bastion may not be wiped for many months to come. Some towns such as Newerth have over 100 citizens. Me and quite a few other players have been working and gathering to open new towns that would be able to take in new players, expand the server base, teach new people, and make new friends. Some of those people include Rumblestikk and Johnbaur. The release of two resource maps, and Greyson for greylisted players, makes for a lot of area to collect materials, but few places for those materials to continuously filter into. Some players have even successfully collected 100k, not to mention an excess of rare items and blocks. Secondly there is the issue with large cities that were looking towards Kingdomism in the future. (Yeah, I made up the word Kingdomism). I applaud leftovers5 for pulling off this great endevour, but many other towns are now at a standstill in their work towards Kingdom. I understand there are also a few other players who are waiting to create towns and I am sure they would have input on this matter. I do understand the Admins concern with increasing the town cap, however at the rate the maps expanding, sooner or later the large sized cities will have nowhere to go. If I were to suggest my own number for the cap raise, I would say 5-7 to be appropriate for the time being. Maybe even expand the map by 100 - 200 blocks to allow more space for people to plan and build these towns. I due hope the staff takes this into careful consideration.

<3 Dragonzero39'

Edit: I understand 2 slots were opened after the update. Me and rumblestikk were able to get our towns, but there are still others looking to expand.

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
Keep in mind the reason the town cap exists: to force the towns that ARE out there to remain competitive, and quality places for people to live. I would support heavy auditing of current towns, along with stronger activity requirements (what if we removed the ability for any one individual to pay town taxes, and somehow incorporated a new method to maintain a town that requires multiple actives?) over the increase of the town cap.

Let's make a town mean something, let's refuse to let them become ghost towns/shells for rich players @Gravkoc and let's refuse to let poor, rundown towns be sold @Alicubi.

Additional town requirement: X hours per tax period of townies logged into herocraft. Thoughts?
-1 for upping town cap before we resolve the outstanding issues of weak towns.

CanDoBlue

Legacy Supporter 6
Additional town requirement: X hours per tax period of townies logged into herocraft. Thoughts?
Doing this ^ would RUIN Newerth in a whole if the ratio of town members was a factor instead of town size. If it was like that I would totally agree. Example: Town Pop.= Town Player Size/2 x 6hrs SO, If the population of that town was say 100 players the town would have to have atleast 50 members logging at least 6 hours per week. 300 hrs total. As I was saying again, not that many towns have 100+ members. So say your town has 20 members= 10 players online for 6hrs a week = 60hrs. That's not bad at all.

After typing this I saw a flaw. What if someone only logs 3hrs and another person only logs 3hrs it should be cumulative upto a certain number of hours a week.

Also Time Logged should be wiped completely every week during taxes, so that no town can "stockpile" hours just to stay alive

Just my 2 cents,
Canada_Blue

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
An hour req would require careful consideration so that it promotes a healthy community. I wish there was an automated way to require towns to have a healthy active playerbase. I think town recycling is clunky atm.

I think the problem is that its hard to earn money on the server because there is not a big market place and there is not many things to sell. Towns cost to much to create for a lot of people including me. I think that if there was a huge market place in bastion, trade would flourish the lands and people would start making money by cutting trees, gather resources and such. Right now the best way to earn money is by mining gold and winning on the lottery.

/huge

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
I think the problem is ....there is not many things to sell...people would start making money by cutting trees, gather resources and such.
disclaimer: I addressed a specific point and therefore provided a summation of his comment. Please look just above to see full.

The reason there is no market (<--- Here I mean Demand, not a physical market) for wood/trees is because no one wants to buy them! Players can get their own wood. You need to understand that there are things you can sell, but only things that are useful. Try selling Leather, Ores, Profession work, or Combat spec utility work (ports, tracks, heals, bodyguarding, group leveling services, etc.). You can also get coin from voting, and from quests (however NPC's been broken forever, no fix in sight).

There is no known way to implement a false demand for easily obtained materials, to help lazy new players get coin, without wrecking the economy staff/community works to maintain!

Well, we could pretend that the architects that builds the spawns need material in thats why there should be a lot of shops in spawn. I promise there would be more town/active players if there were more towns. And for more towns to be created people need money, simple.

j2gay

Legacy Supporter 6
Keep in mind the reason the town cap exists: to force the towns that ARE out there to remain competitive, and quality places for people to live. I would support heavy auditing of current towns, along with stronger activity requirements (what if we removed the ability for any one individual to pay town taxes, and somehow incorporated a new method to maintain a town that requires multiple actives?) over the increase of the town cap.

Let's make a town mean something, let's refuse to let them become ghost towns/shells for rich players @Gravkoc and let's refuse to let poor, rundown towns be sold @Alicubi.

OK so Alicubi is neither poor or rundown. But we are inactive. You want another town take it, I'm not going to be around enough for it to do me any good.
As for your reasons for needing a larger town cap, you seem to have forgotten that the rotation goes puff puff pass. You have been here hogging the smoke and it shows in you argument. Player counts are down not up. Towns with a hundred citizens are so because they do not clear their inactive players off the roster. The majority of the players on most town rosters play just long enough to join a town, set up their space, and explore for a day or two. They are then in most cases never seen from again. The fact that there are few ghost towns would suggest that there are two many towns rather than too few.
I get that people want to build their own towns. However tearing down every town that runs inactive for a while is an insult to the people who add the most value to the server. Not everyone can dedicate the needed time ALL the time. Sometimes real life needs to come first. Get out of the house more and you might see that.

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
OK so Alicubi is neither poor or rundown. But we are inactive.
Sorry. To clarify: Rundown was meant to synonymous with an inactive community. "Poor" in this case meant "unfortunate" (bc of the inactivity).

j2gay

Legacy Supporter 6
Oh. In that case I must apologize for my snide remarks. Just had surgery and in a good deal of pain but that is no excuse for my smartassery.

lioIIoil

Legacy Supporter 7
Well, we could pretend that the architects that builds the spawns need material in thats why there should be a lot of shops in spawn. I promise there would be more town/active players if there were more towns. And for more towns to be created people need money, simple.
I don't think its hard to make money in 3 days I mined 11,000 c of gold after the warshard reset and there is many people who mined more than me! :p Just go mining.

thomasyeung9999

Soulsand
Mining is for most professions, but not farmer, and u can't make money as a low lved farmer, and no better way to get exp then shopping trees. It is difficult to earn money for a new player, remember we are not those who knows what the price are to everything. And also new players who goes to warshard to mine will get camped.