• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

The beauty of Herocraft.

_DELETED_10000

Legacy Supporter 3
As I run through the open fields of the outer ring of spawn, I am graced by the sight of the first noble plot build.

A majestic, full-height cobble and stone brick box.

The angles, the stoneyness, the wonder.

The location is superb, as well. Right off a main walkway, so all may bask in it's towering shadow of stone...ness.

• hc.to/rules: Build Rules: Noble Plots
  • Plots must be well designed, built well and not an eyesore (no cobble boxes, this is a place to showcase your build skill.

WHm53Vq.png

Belisarius1991

Legacy Supporter 3
I think I shall model my entire town after this fantastic design.... :rolleyes:

I don't know, perhaps they have a nice roof with a stellar sunroof up top. Besides, Mom always said it was what was on the inside that mattered most.

In all seriousness.... this is obscene and should be dealt with before others start to replicate this design (or lack thereof).

_DELETED_10000

Legacy Supporter 3
Slightly OT, but I thought I'd feature other beautiful builds I run across in my first cross-map trek to see the new map in its infancy.

nkm0C0o.png

This trio of towers in lovely cobble, wood plank, and leaves, featuring a jutting platform I can only assume will be a diving board, can be found at (1052, -389).

This image was shot while peeking through two tree tops. I had just eaten some steak and killed a skeleton.

And just a few steps away is this wonderful abstract art piece. Leaves placed carefully in succession to create an almost 'parkour' theme. You can see the trio of towers in the background.

267Xkkm.png

Located right outside the Biscotti Republic around (1049, 4) hides this massive jungle wood stump. What could it be? What secrets could lie within?

Sa4dlgY.png

KbtcnHY.png

Nothing. Nothing lies within her. Perhaps this is a metaphor for life.

I sat and contemplated the meaning behind the cobble pillar for several moments before moving on, munching loudly on a potato I stole from a nearby chest.

Last edited:

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
So, what town is this an embassy for, anyway? Nothing indicates that.
I recall asking Tim what'd happen if I bought a town plot without a town and he said something about destruction...

EDIT: I mean, I'd love to have a 5k permanent personal plot but I'm fairly certain that's not how this is supposed to work.

Yavool

Legacy Supporter 9
Rules were in place to prevent dirt shacks in plots at spawn etc, those same rules probably need to be revived @TimForReal / @Rules Council

Looks like rules are already in place; it is just a matter of how @Admins wish to enforce it.

Noble & Royal Plot Rules
Spawn plots are not intended to be replacements for townships.

• Important Rules
    • Theft is legal everywhere, please protect your items accordingly.
    • If you add someone to your royal/noble plot region, we are not responsible for theft. This is a risk you take. The only exception is services rendered in trade chat (eg. engineer, architect services etc.). Don't add people you don't trust. Get your own noble plot if you don't want to share, or use LWCs if you do share.
    • It is legal to kill trespassers with lava/suffocation if you catch them inside your house, HOWEVER it is illegal to lure someone in and kill them.
  • Ownership Rules
    • If you are inactive for 30 days, your plot may be deleted and the empty land sold to someone else.
    • You may only own ONE Noble plot and ONE Royal plot (you can own one of each).
    • Your town/guild may purchase a plot as an embassy, however it must be a 12000 block or larger plot.
    • No refunds are issued, final sale. If you wish to upgrade to bigger plot, you must sell/trade to another player.
    • You must place a sign on your house/land with your name on it.
  • Build Rules
    • Plots must be well designed, built well and not an eyesore (no cobble boxes, this is a place to showcase your build skill).
    • No trees on roofs (treehouses will be allowed within reason, as long as the leaves don't exceed region height).
    • Plots that are empty for too long will be subject to review (no land holding).
    • You may not put stores in your plot. That is what the trade district is for.
    • You may store items in your plot.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Looks like rules are already in place; it is just a matter of how @Admins wish to enforce it.

Noble & Royal Plot Rules

• Important Rules
    • If you add someone to your royal/noble plot region, we are not responsible for theft. This is a risk you take. The only exception is services rendered in trade chat (eg. engineer, architect services etc.). Don't add people you don't trust. Get your own noble plot if you don't want to share, or use LWCs if you do share.
    • It is legal to kill trespassers with lava/suffocation if you catch them inside your house, HOWEVER it is illegal to lure someone in and kill them.
  • Ownership Rules
    • If you are inactive for 30 days, your plot may be deleted and the empty land sold to someone else.
    • Your town/guild may purchase a plot as an embassy, however it must be a 12000 block or larger plot.
    • No refunds are issued, final sale. If you wish to upgrade to bigger plot, you must sell/trade to another player.
  • Build Rules
    • Plots must be well designed, built well and not an eyesore (no cobble boxes, this is a place to showcase your build skill).
    • No trees on roofs (treehouses will be allowed within reason, as long as the leaves don't exceed region height).
    • Plots that are empty for too long will be subject to review (no land holding).
Amen ^ - so staff can start knocking down these shacks, they get 24 hours to fix it.

Nashah

Max Legacy Supporter

Noble & Royal Plot Rules

• Important Rules
  • Ownership Rules
  • Build Rules

From what I've heard from Tim some of those build rules don't apply to Town Embassies. You aren't supposed to live out of them, they are supposed to be like a store for a town from what I've heard. Which isn't what they seem to be using it for.

If it's decided that people are allowed to live out of it I'd like to know, but that sorta kills the notion of whatever this war thing is that Kainzo mentioned. Every town would just end up storing all of their good stuff at the town Embassy.

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
From what I've heard from Tim some of those build rules don't apply to Town Embassies. You aren't supposed to live out of them, they are supposed to be like a store for a town from what I've heard. Which isn't what they seem to be using it for.

If it's decided that people are allowed to live out of it I'd like to know, but that sorta kills the notion of whatever this war thing is that Kainzo mentioned. Every town would just end up storing all of their good stuff at the town Embassy.
My understanding was that Embassies are intended to SHOWCASE their town, not be storehouses.

I'd like to see a hold on the sale of Noble Plots until this is sorted. The intent was that noble plots weren't going to be released until later in the map.

This embassy plots were set up for the GP townships management system.

I'm unclear how they relate to our current Towny system.

I reckon it's too soon for these plots to be inhabited, and certainly not with ugly boxes. As I see it.

ShadowRavynn

Max Legacy Supporter
My understanding was that Embassies are intended to SHOWCASE their town, not be storehouses.

I'd like to see a hold on the sale of Noble Plots until this is sorted. The intent was that noble plots weren't going to be released until later in the map.

This embassy plots were set up for the GP townships management system.

I'm unclear how they relate to our current Towny system.

I reckon it's too soon for these plots to be inhabited, and certainly not with ugly boxes. As I see it.

My understanding from @TimForReal is that there are no Noble Plots and only Embassy Plots, The Embassy plots are there for Towns to showcase/show off their building skill and utilize basically as a recruiting tool. No, they are not allowed to be used as store-houses either from what I understand and no, they are not supposed to be lived in.

ShadowRavynn

Max Legacy Supporter

Noble & Royal Plot Rules

• Important Rules
  • Ownership Rules
  • Build Rules

This excerpt from the rules is in regards to Noble & Royal Plots. While this can certainly be applied to the Embassy Plots, it is not written with Embassy plots in mind as they are a new concept.

I would think @TimForReal would need to flesh out the purpose of the Embassy plots again so it can be officially recorded in the rules along with the Noble & Royal Plots.

<3 <3
Ravynn

_DELETED_10000

Legacy Supporter 3
Er... While the original idea for embassy plots was indeed to be town fronts in spawn, that appeared to be directly intertwined with the fact that the GP plugin had no town correlations. It would have been a requirement to have the embassy plot before making a town. Since that is no longer the case (insert Towny), I made the assumption that 'embassy' was just the name of plots on the lowest tier of central spawn for players to purchase and additional 'non-central' 'noble' plots would come out later with the port cities.

If that is still the intention, yet reversed (make Towny town -> buy plot at spawn to promote town/vault storage), then logically all trade area/central spawn plots should be through PE purchase only, as to be verified through an admin that the purchaser is indeed the mayor of a town.

Regardless of any of that, all the information I found on the matter of plots in spawns (aside from The Slums) have held the same rules. The build must be well designed. I can't imagine why the rules would seem unclear to anyone. In italics right under the section header it says 'spawn plots', which implies any plots at spawns and I would again make an assumption that that was done to futureproof the wording. (I.E. the day someone goes and names a tier 'embassy', which oddly enough, I found references to 'embassy' plots in a post for...Haven, I think? Anyway...)

What is unclear, however, is why the term 'embassy' tier/plot was kept (or continues to be used) when Towny was decided upon while Towny has a specific embassy plot permission that would be conflicting and confusing. I have not yet made a town but the wiki is currently set up with terminology that supports the Towny plugin '/plot set embassy' command. That command, as far as I could tell, is simply a way for towns to rent out plots of area with different set taxes/to non-town members. Not at all aligning with any GP embassy plot wording.

Sooo... The issue there isn't really rule clarity, it's clarity regarding the name of the tier of plots located on the lowest level and how that conflicts with previously stated, and now scrapped, plans regarding things called 'embassies' for the GP plugin.

Of course, a simple addition of the word 'Embassy' to the section header in the rules would suffice for those that can't make the leap regarding the cobble box featured in the OP, but there appears to be a few people who still think those are town-only plots, embassies for towns, which they clearly are not, as there are more towns than plots currently owned.

Cobble boxes wouldn't be acceptable even if the tier was called The Poopy McStinker Level of Boring, because they're still spawn plots and the rules for the past 2 years (That's as far back as I could find) haven't been different unless otherwise explicitly stated.

Last edited: