• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion The Balance of Herocraft

teddytazer

Soulsand
Which classes you think could use some attention from the devs/coders/admins. either need buff or nerfs please list your reason why and make a suggestion. Only by discussing the problems and communicating can we resolve the problems.

I really think that beguiler should get some love, they broke piggify and plague bomb is hardly a lvl 55 skills. give them maybe smoke or jump perhaps.

Plob5

Legacy Supporter 2
Buff= Miner,Bloodmage, Druid, Beguiler, Dragoon ( a little) Possibly Paladin, Nerf=DK, Sammy, Disciple ( alittle)

Miner needs a buff - I need ideas
Beguiler needs a buff - Ideas
Dragoon - Working Charge/Quake
Druid-???

DK= Soul-leech - less hp
Harmtouch - from 35-25

Sammy - Mortal-wound = 25-20

Disciple - Iron fist less, take away smite

teddytazer

Soulsand
Miner - maybe a skill that temporarily skill makes u invulnerable to lava/fire. how many times have u mined into a lava bed and lost everything u've mined.

Dragoon - Charge is pretty much a useless skill, maybe increase the range u can be pull toward target.

Disciple - nerf the healing power.

Glent

Glowing Redstone
Buff= Miner,Bloodmage, Druid, Beguiler, Dragoon ( a little) Possibly Paladin, Nerf=DK, Sammy, Disciple ( alittle)

Druid-???

DK= Soul-leech - less hp
Harmtouch - from 35-25

Balance wise druids aren't in too bad a spot - they are a bit uninteresting but they are the best at pure healing.

Digger360

Obsidian

Druid-???

DK= Soul-leech - less hp
Harmtouch - from 35-25

Dreadknights damage has already been cut by 1/3 in the past week. Decay does 7 less, an Axe slash is 5 , from 6 and SoulLeech now takes 20 seconds to do 10 damage, than heals at once AFTER the DoT, by 9. SoulLeech is already a SHORT RANGE DoT With a WARMUP. (You can't attack or move during warmups)

Harmtouch already has a 15 minute cooldown, with a 20 damage kickback to the CASTER of it. Making it do 25 damage would make the dreadknight have a 5 (Damage difference) skill with a 15 minute cooldown that takes 12 of our stamina. I don't think so.

Mortalwound does 12 damage currently (If It even works?)
Please be informed when posting.

teddytazer

Soulsand
Dreadknights damage has already been cut by 1/3 in the past week. Decay does 7 less, Axe is town to 5 a slash, from 6 and SoulLeech now takes 20 seconds to do 10 damage, than heals at once AFTER the DoT, by 9. SoulLeech is already a SHORT RANGE DoT With a WARMUP. (You can't attack or move during warmups)

Harmtouch already has a 15 minute cooldown, with a 20 damage kickback to the CASTER of it. Making it do 25 damage would make the dreadknight have a 5 (Damage difference) skill with a 15 minute cooldown that takes 12 of our stamina. I don't think so.
Mortalwound does 12 damage currently. Please be informed when posting.

I think thats a lil harsh for Dreadknight nerf. The amounts of times i succesfully used soulleech during combat was limited by the fact that the warmup actually slowed me down and they'd just back outta the 4-5 block range. Axe damage down 5 is just silly.. It amazes me Dreadnights gets nerfed meanwhile samurais, thiefs can push out 100 damage in under 10secs. I remember with magic abilities u could kill maybe one person maybe 2 if u used all the magic u had as a dk performing decay, harmtouch, empathy but then u'd be forced to use the axe till mana regenerated. Also most of the time people just either run away or gank dreadknights. Do the people who complain about dreadknights even use the class?

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
I was a DK. Boring as fuck. Now a sammy again.

MortalWound does around 10-12 damage, so it needs no nerf -.-

Samurais were nerfed:

Cleave is now 5sec CD and takes more stam.
Diamond sword and gold sword damage is nerfed to 9/10.
Mortalwound does only less then half of the intended damage.

teddytazer

Soulsand
I was a DK. Boring as fuck. Now a sammy again.

MortalWound does around 10-12 damage, so it needs no nerf -.-

Samurais were nerfed:

Cleave is now 5sec CD and takes more stam.
Diamond sword and gold sword damage is nerfed to 9/10.
Mortalwound does only less then half of the intended damage.

not bad. meaning your sword only does DOUBLE the damage as a dk's axe

AzenYumCha

Legacy Supporter 6
I hate it when the popular classes get the most attention..

Adjust Bloodmage for gods sake.

teddytazer

Soulsand
Does bloodmage need much attention? when is the last time somebody killed a master bloodmage? but really I can say its one of the least play classes on the server, if it werent a pre-req for avatar or oracle or whatever u called the fantasy legendary healer, I doubt anyone would have mastered it. Seriously they should be more pvp-skilled, more self heal orientated.

kevinlive

Legacy Supporter 2
Does bloodmage need much attention? when is the last time somebody killed a master bloodmage? but really I can say its one of the least play classes on the server, if it werent a pre-req for avatar or oracle or whatever u called the fantasy legendary healer, I doubt anyone would have mastered it. Seriously they should be more pvp-skilled, more self heal orientated.

When was the last time anyone played as a master bloodmage? :p

AzenYumCha

Legacy Supporter 6
There's no reason why NOT to re-adjust Bloodmage. All classes need attention. This one is lacking it. A lot of us on this server know that Bloodmage is pretty weak in itself.

It's been neglected through its lack of popularity. Like certain players on this server, we want to make Bloodmage more aware so it can receive it's attention it really needs.

GreekCrackShot

Legacy Supporter 7
not bad. meaning your sword only does DOUBLE the damage as a dk's axe
5+5 = 9?

Dreadknights harmtouch is a nuke. So what if it takes 12 stamina? A nuke like that should take ALL of your stamina... ffs using mortalwound, bladegrasp and inversion for sammies take around 10 stamina. To add to that bladegrasp requires a reagent, inversion is USELESS against every class but wizard pretty much, mortalwound DOES NOT bleed and was nerfed to hell. We also have mediocre armor while DKs have the second best armor rating in the game. I was a little bit puzzled when DK go their diamond chestplate removed, and instead were given diamond boots and helm....... Anyone else realize THE ARMOR RATING NEVER CHANGED.... it just costs more diamonds...

5 dmg? pfft, that's not a blow to the DKs... I say harmtouch is bumped up to 15 stam and has a warmup so it can be interrupted... it's an instant nuke. @Digger360 you can't say the cooldown is a big deal. Honestly, when I was a DK, I didn't even need harmtouch, and when I used it and I died, I'd come back from the GY with the cd gone already... didn't even need to be holding a weapon either. Another thing about samurai skills, 1/2 of them require you to have a sword with you. Ex: *Samurai tries to use /skill cleave, mortalwound, strike, bladegrasp or inversion* "You cannot <Insert skill here> with that item. Imo it takes a lot more skill to be a good samurai than it is to be a good Dreadknight

Digger360

Obsidian
5+5 = 9?

Dreadknights harmtouch is a nuke. So what if it takes 12 stamina? A nuke like that should take ALL of your stamina... ffs using mortalwound, bladegrasp and inversion for sammies take around 10 stamina. To add to that bladegrasp requires a reagent, inversion is USELESS against every class but wizard pretty much, mortalwound DOES NOT bleed and was nerfed to hell. We also have mediocre armor while DKs have the second best armor rating in the game. I was a little bit puzzled when DK go their diamond chestplate removed, and instead were given diamond boots and helm....... Anyone else realize THE ARMOR RATING NEVER CHANGED.... it just costs more diamonds...

5 dmg? pfft, that's not a blow to the DKs... I say harmtouch is bumped up to 15 stam and has a warmup so it can be interrupted... it's an instant nuke. @Digger360 you can't say the cooldown is a big deal. Honestly, when I was a DK, I didn't even need harmtouch, and when I used it and I died, I'd come back from the GY with the cd gone already... didn't even need to be holding a weapon either. Another thing about samurai skills, 1/2 of them require you to have a sword with you. Ex: *Samurai tries to use /skill cleave, mortalwound, strike, bladegrasp or inversion* "You cannot <Insert skill here> with that item. Imo it takes a lot more skill to be a good samurai than it is to be a good Dreadknight

Inversion is the Sam's nuke. It can do up to 40 damage, without a huge cooldown. Harmtouch, in reality only does 15 damage, seeing as deals 20 damage to the Dreadknight who's casting it. 15 damage for a 15 minute CD, and a high stam cost is more than enough, seeing as inversion does much more damage, for much less requirements. (Samurai dominates Stam only classes in general).

Needing a sword is nothing. To face a geared samurai, a Dreadknight needs full armor, with a weapon, as DK's can't just drop something on mana alone. Thats 9 diamonds WITHOUT an axe.

You need to play the new, nerfed dreadknight before you can try and nerf them further. Only 2-3 dreadknights are even online at most givin times, mainly due to the huge nerfs in recent weeks. Now I see your attempting to reduce it to a glorified warrior.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Inversion is the Sam's nuke. It can do up to 40 damage, without a huge cooldown. Harmtouch, in reality only does 15 damage, seeing as deals 20 damage to the Dreadknight who's casting it. 15 damage for a 15 minute CD, and a high stam cost is more than enough, seeing as inversion does much more damage, for much less requirements. (Samurai dominates Stam only classes in general).

Needing a sword is nothing. To face a geared samurai, a Dreadknight needs full armor, with a weapon, as DK's can't just drop something on mana alone. Thats 9 diamonds WITHOUT an axe.

When you die your cooldowns are reset. So of course your going to be off CD AFTER you die.

You need to play the new, nerfed dreadknight before you can try and nerf them further. Only 2-3 dreadknights are even online at most givin times, mainly due to the huge nerfs in recent weeks. Now I see your attempting to reduce it to a glorified warrior.
Cooldowns shouldnt reset upon death...

GreekCrackShot

Legacy Supporter 7
I don't know what the "huge nerf" of DK consisted of. But in response to the point you made with Harmtouch, where you say this
Harmtouch, in reality only does 15 damage, seeing as deals 20 damage to the Dreadknight who's casting it. 15 damage for a 15 minute CD, and a high stam cost is more than enough, seeing as inversion does much more damage, for much less requirements.
Remember, not every class has 123 HP. You make not realize, but from PvP'ing against multiple DKs who's only decent skill (at their level) is harmtouch, I believe it goes through armor (correct me if I'm wrong, I'm not really sure). But if it does, that's a straight 35 dmg, mroe than 1/3 of my HP as a samurai (A lot of classes it's nearly half of their hp). You take 20 dmg, but that's only 1/5th of your health, and you can regain that nearly instantly through soulleech. So in reality, you're not at any loss by using harmtouch.

I'll admit that most of the Dreadknights these days are sucky PvP'ers that solely went DK because it was an OP class. But I find myself having to use HP potions versus level 25 dreadknights, which is odd considering their only good skills are disarm and harmtouch. I don't ever fight you digger, but I'd assume due to your skill leveling and experience as a Dreadknight, you'd be a tough fight. Especially with the help of potions. Dreadknights don't need a huge nerf. I think one thing that could help would be a 3-4 second warmup on Harmtouch.

Digger360

Obsidian
I don't know what the "huge nerf" of DK consisted of. But in response to the point you made with Harmtouch, where you say this
Remember, not every class has 123 HP. You make not realize, but from PvP'ing against multiple DKs who's only decent skill (at their level) is harmtouch, I believe it goes through armor (correct me if I'm wrong, I'm not really sure). But if it does, that's a straight 35 dmg, mroe than 1/3 of my HP as a samurai (A lot of classes it's nearly half of their hp). You take 20 dmg, but that's only 1/5th of your health, and you can regain that nearly instantly through soulleech. So in reality, you're not at any loss by using harmtouch.

I'll admit that most of the Dreadknights these days are sucky PvP'ers that solely went DK because it was an OP class. But I find myself having to use HP potions versus level 25 dreadknights, which is odd considering their only good skills are disarm and harmtouch. I don't ever fight you digger, but I'd assume due to your skill leveling and experience as a Dreadknight, you'd be a tough fight. Especially with the help of potions. Dreadknights don't need a huge nerf. I think one thing that could help would be a 3-4 second warmup on Harmtouch.

Having a 3-4 second warmup, would leave the said dreadknight to be completly open to attacks to those few seconds. Just about any class can easily do the 15 damage difference in that time, get out of its 5 block range (After laying a DoT), or simply bash/kick than beat the DK for the remaining time, as they can't move, or attack during warmups, at all.

HolyRane

Legacy Supporter 7

.... 3-4 secs? GG kid your dead if you try that.. lol