• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion The almighty wizard unable of conjuring a horse? Madness!

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
This would be awesome on something like berserker for say? Due to they somewhat represent Thor.
Berserkers follow the Germanic gods (Wotan, Donar etc.). The concept of Berserkers were MUCH later adopted by Scandinavians where they served a similar role. Remember that the Viking age started in 793 (Or 750~ according to new research) while Germanic berserkers had been around since many centuries BC.

The only transport berserkers used was longboats anyways. In some cases they might have used horses, but horses were rarely used when fighting across the sea due to complications with transport.

Moralsk

Gold
Berserkers follow the Germanic gods (Wotan, Donar etc.). The concept of Berserkers were MUCH later adopted by Scandinavians where they served a similar role. Remember that the Viking age started in 793 (Or 750~ according to new research) while Germanic berserkers had been around since many centuries BC.

The only transport berserkers used was longboats anyways. In some cases they might have used horses, but horses were rarely used when fighting across the sea due to complications with transport.

I don't find the idea of Berserkers being in Scandinavia before the Viking Age far fetched. I agree though, it wouldn't be lore friendly to give Berserkers anything related to mounts as a skill. When they were used in real military purposes (Which they were in part of the Viking Age) they were more of high up shock infantry.

Why Berserker can't have Berserkergang as a skill, I don't know...

j2gay

Legacy Supporter 6
WE are the MASTERS of the universe! The almighty, the wise, the feared and the respected! We are WIZARDS, we bend elements and the very world to our will! We can teleport, summon lightning and blizzards and yet we can't even summon a meager horse!

This is madness, I call upon all wizards to aid my cause of restoring our right as the very RULERS OF THIS WORLD.

We wish for a peaceful resolution of course, but one must know:

"Sic vis pacem, para bellum."

So in short I plead, allow the use of horses to us, the almighty wizards of this server!
Grammar police here. FYI its
Si vis pacem para bellum Sic means thus Si means if