• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion That RPG Feel That We're All Looking For

chvia

Stone
RPG means in it self Role Playing Games. For me this doesn't apply to choosing a path and profession and then just playing minecraft normally to level them up for new abilities. This RPG server should have a story line of quests for each path.

ex) Rogue by definition means -dishonest or unprincipled man- So by definition your story should be dark and deceiving. Once you choose rogue you will get a message telling you to go somewhere or meet with someone. This will either happen outside the herocraft castle walls or a small, lets say forgotten, part of the walled kingdom (A darksided bar perhaps). The quests implemented will help the player further advance their skills giving them more challenging quests that use the newly mastered skill. Then there is a breakaway quest, the specification of your path. You will talk to the Master of your path (Are in the beginning of map when you are advertised the paths, but not found on bastion currently) and he/she will list the specifications. You will then enter the command to select your path specification and talk to your Master, who will now give you a quest to start off a series of new quests that will even further advance you into your skills.

If the server successfully does this they will strongly support their #1 RPG Server title and bring in waves of new players who will wish to play in a story immersing RPG world that will leave them playing for hours and hours. This will also help players find ways to implement and use their given skills more effectively. The only problem, you may have to reset everyones hero status once you put this in.

Believe me when I say," If you pull this off you are the #1 Server... Ever!"

mikehk

Legacy Supporter 6
I like this idea, except for the reseting part. maybe implement this next map or something, when everyone is reset by default...

Jonsoon

Legacy Supporter 8
I do believe there are plans for class specific quests and quest chains.

A while ago I suggested that you have to speak to your class trainer to learn a skill, but if I remember correctly, they said it wasn't worth it from a coding standpoint.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
If you want to assist in making quests - by all means sign up! We have a quest team and scripting isn't too hard, it's just REALLY time consuming. We currently have about 10-15 quests in.

A wipe is not scheduled, an additional map and PVP arena map will be brought out in the following months.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Sure I'll dig out one of my scripts when I get internet back.

Jonsoon

Legacy Supporter 8
If you want to assist in making quests - by all means sign up! We have a quest team and scripting isn't too hard, it's just REALLY time consuming. We currently have about 10-15 quests
I didn't know there was a team. Do you apply for it or is it part of the lore master position?

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
we could use help, get with Danda, zee admininator.
I'm game ;) - part of the reason I applied for Loremaster.

In terms of RPG, I think the server is heading in that direction. It'll take awhile, and I would probably expect something like this in at least a year, if not less. HC is an evolving server, and new stuff is being worked on and implemented all the time. For personal RPG, I stick to my viking thing, I even own a viking village! :D

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
I'm game ;) - part of the reason I applied for Loremaster.

In terms of RPG, I think the server is heading in that direction. It'll take awhile, and I would probably expect something like this in at least a year, if not less. HC is an evolving server, and new stuff is being worked on and implemented all the time. For personal RPG, I stick to my viking thing, I even own a viking village! :D
Yea I've got a few ideas planned out in my head. But I need some help fleshing it out both ingame and the scripts for the quests and stoof.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Need to test it on the test server first and then port it over to live.
Danda you're in charge of the dungeons/quests - you have my full support.

mikehk

Legacy Supporter 6
Is there anyway I can apply for the quest line helper? I'm full of ideas, ive played a few MMORPG games and understand the basics of lore among classes/race/professions. I am also good at coming up with scenarios. I understand basic YAML, as in configuring, I know some HTML (dont know how that will help, but hey...), and again, I can come up with some good scenarios. -----------------------------------------@Danda?

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Feel free to throw something together if you want and throw it my way mikehk
We use Denizens for out questing plugin at the present.

I can send you an example script that's fully commented if you want it.

Haxnn

Legacy Supporter 3
I had no idea loremaster was part of the questing stuff. I have great ideas and apparently it isn't that hard ot learn. I might be interested.

mikehk

Legacy Supporter 6
Feel free to throw something together if you want and throw it my way mikehk
We use Denizens for out questing plugin at the present.

I can send you an example script that's fully commented if you want it.
If you can send me the script, that would be great! i'll send you something back hopefully within a week.