• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Texture Packs - What texture pack does HC use?

Falker57

Legacy Supporter 8
Faithful Texture Pack(Already linked and too lazy >:D ) The reason I dont use other texture packs is because I HATEEEE how tex packs make weapons, tools, and armor textured. THEY ALL SUCK. But faithful is nice :p
I tried putting Faithful's armor onto a different tex pack but failed :(

whitemagehealu

Legacy Supporter 7
Lol- Putting the armor of one pack into another is as simple as drag and drop. In fact that's all it is. xD

Falker57

Legacy Supporter 8
Yeah but how items look in your inventory and in your hand is not that simple

Zaspar

Legacy Supporter 2
I've tried using sphax like many others, but not on 128x where it's at its best. My comp can only run minecraft well up to 32x; therefore, I've grown accustomed to the classic Dokucraft, new and improved, as well as Faithful.

Also, if we're making an HC texture pack, I'd recommend that we make it 32x. People like me with bad computers can probably manage to run 32x, and since some people are using 64x and 128x texture packs, a 32x downgrade (if they wanted to) wouldn't be so bad.

kyahco

Gold
My fav has got to be SMP's stuff, esp. SMP's revival that one is 16x (better looking then a lot of HD packs though :p. He also has a 32x one a technic one and so on !

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
If you like default but can afford to use an absurd-res texture pack you could try R3D Craft. It's not finished, but it is definitely the classiest texture pack I've seen in a long time. The 512x version crashes my Spoutcraft/looks freakin' sweet, and the 64x adds enough depth to the standard textures that it's worthwhile.

Takemorii

Wood
I like most of default for the most part, though glass textures bother me. Currently I am using Eldpack with an unofficial version which is a meld between eldpack and default's new textures. Painterly's default grass is much too busy for me so I don't use it. I prefer 16x sizes, which I feel Sphax doesn't quite shine in. If I bump it up to 32x than I like Sphax or Faithful 32.

Summary, I like:
Eldpack
Sphax 32
Faithful 32

I'd like to throw in my opinion that an HC pack would be cool (as long as it's 32 or below).