• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Test server and new players.

NamelessFreak

Legacy Supporter 5
This will just be a minor suggestion but I think it deserves some attention.

The ones who just joined the server sometimes "wonder" to the test. They don't understand that its not the real server and there are three possibilities they will do.:
  • They might yell: This server s**ks. You can get everything in just one click and there are no players online! *leaves and never comes back*
  • Or they can stay. Try to attack some actual players from RP and end up getting killed over and over because they have no clue about game mechanics. After that they just rage quit.
  • And rarely they will actually listen to you when you tell them: Hey Bob1337, this is just the test server where players come to check out the classes and learn to PvP with them. You should go back to hub and take the portal to RP server where you can build, mine and level up. Their response: Ok. I didn't realize. Thanks! (This only happens 1 out of 10 times)
This is most likely due to Hub being a little confusing for newbies. They want to explore and check it out rather than just run in straight line to real server. So they end up in Test and take it as RP.
Moving on to actual suggestion(s):

1. The sign that states you are about to go to test server could be brought back but the problem with signs is that people don't read them. ( just noticed that the sign is a there )

2. A big status message in their chat log that they have joined a test server and this is NOT the real one.

3. [ This will be more oriented to the actual veterans of HC ] When there are new people on test. Please direct them to Haven or Ruins.

P.S To prove my point. While writing this thread I met someone who didn't under hes on test. Raged a bit and logged out. Also managed to convince 2 other guys to go to the portal and take the road to RPG server.

Last edited:

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
Seems reasonable. This is just my inner cynic speaking, but if you can't figure out what the test server is, the you are either lazy or stupid. Either way, I don't see how this could be bad in anyway.

lioIIoil

Legacy Supporter 7
If they can't communicate with players and understand them, how will they be able to play/understand Herocraft? Just what I think but this is a good suggestion and it should be put in. :)

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
This will just be a minor suggestion but I think it deserves some attention.

The ones who just joined the server sometimes "wonder" to the test. They don't understand that its not the real server and there are three possibilities they will do.:
  • They might yell: This server s**ks. You can get everything in just one click and there are no players online! *leaves and never comes back*
  • Or they can stay. Try to attack some actual players from RP and end up getting killed over and over because they have no clue about game mechanics. After that they just rage quit.
  • And rarely they will actually listen to you when you tell them: Hey Bob1337, this is just the test server where players come to check out the classes and learn to PvP with them. You should go back to hub and take the portal to RP server where you can build, mine and level up. Their response: Ok. I didn't realize. Thanks! (This only happens 1 out of 10 times)
This is most likely due to Hub being a little confusing for newbies. They want to explore and check it out rather than just run in straight line to real server. So they end up in Test and take it as RP.
Moving on to actual suggestion(s):

1. The sign that states you are about to go to test server could be brought back but the problem with signs is that people don't read them. ( just noticed that the sign is a there )

2. A big status message in their chat log that they have joined a test server and this is NOT the real one.

3. [ This will be more oriented to the actual veterans of HC ] When there are new people on test. Please direct them to Haven or Ruins.

P.S To prove my point. While writing this thread I met someone who didn't under hes on test. Raged a bit and logged out. Also managed to convince 2 other guys to go to the portal and take the road to RPG server.
Adding in a massive MOTD that it is TEST and to connect to RPG.hc.to - etc.

b2bXgJ5.png